Chapter 4

A Pack's Story

Kino was driving when they arrived at Changkhyun's pack house, pulling up behind a jeep. He honked the horn before turning off the truck and going to wake Shinwon and Jinho who were both asleep. "We're here already?" Asked Jinho as he yawned. "Yeah," said Kino. Shinwon stretched in his seat. "What time is it?" He asked. "Just passed 10 am?" Asked Kino as he checked the time. "Yep," he said.

They turned when the door opened and out stepped Changkhyun. "Oh! Come on in," called Changkhyun. "Well, let's do this then," said Kino as he got out with Shinwon and Jinho following after him. "Sorry if the livingroom is a mess, we have some visitors," said Changkhyun as he walked into the kitchen. Jinho wasn't sure what to do next so he went into the kitchen with Kino and Shinwon going out the back door to take in their surroundings.

"So I heard you were wanting to take Chicago or Detroit," said Changkhyun as he handed Jinho a cup of coffee. "That was the plan," said Jinho as he leaned against the counter and took the coffee from Changkhyun and took a sip. "Hm, it'd be nice to get a territory in neutral ground," agreed Changkhyun. "I'm surprised no one has actually gone to take it before now," he said.

"Don't you need permission from both bordering territories?" Asked Jinho. "No, well, not exactly," said Changkhyun. "I'm sure that's how you 'shifters work but most of the time people take it," he said. "Temporarily at least," he added. "Yeah, we plan on staying permanently," said Jinho. "Ah, that makes more sense," said Changkhyun as he nodded, turning when Hoseok stumbled into the kitchen.

"We got more visitors?" Asked Hoseok as he blinked. "Yes," said Jinho as he nodded. "I'm Jinho," he said. "Hoseok, though everyone calls me Hobi," Hoseok said, grinning. "Your packmates are out back," he said. "I know," said Jinho. "Did Jungwoo and Jeno get dropped off?" Hoseok asked, turning to Changkhyun. "Yeah, Jungkook's grocery shopping," said Changkhyun. Hoseok nodded and went to get another cup of coffee before leaving the kitchen.

"Interesting," hummed Jinho. "What, never been around a pack of werewolves before?" Asked Changkhyun as he raised an eyebrow. "Not exactly no," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. "We tend to avoid you, since we often get mistaken for your kind," he added. "Oh, you're wolf 'shifters?" Asked Changkhyun. Jinho nodded. "Huh," said Changkhyun. "Interesting," he said.

"So, who's in your pack if you don't mind me asking?" Asked Jinho. "Well, currently we have Kihyun and human Jisung, Hoseok and Doyoung, Youngjae and Jooheon, Cory Sunggyu and wolf Jisung, and Hyunjin and Jeongin," said Changkhyun. "Also my mate Jungkook, his other mate Jeno, and Jeno's cousin Jungwoo," he added. "Wait, other mate?" Asked Jinho. "Pure blood werewolves, those who were born werewolves, have two mates," said Changkhyun. "I see," said Jinho. "So you're mated to Jungkook, who's found you as his pure blood mate and he found Jeno as another mate?" He asked. Changkhyun nodded.

"Werewolf mating is so complicated," said Kino as he walked into the kitchen. Changkhyun scratched the back of his head. "Well, yeah I never understood it either," he said. "And when you said wolf Jisung do you mean he's a wolf-human?" He asked. Changkhyun nodded. "So are Hyunjin, Jeongin, Jeno and Jungwoo," he said.

"Wait, they know Jaemin don't they?" Asked Kino. "Jungwoo is Jaemin's older brother and Jeno is their cousin," said Changkhyun. "That's where I know those two names from!" Said Kino. "And I've met wolf Jisung, I think," he said. "Hui knows him better and Chani knows Sunggyu," he said.

"I see we got visitors," called Jungkook as he got home. Jeongin came in with him, carrying bags of groceries with Hohyeon and Kangmin following behind. "Yeah, we're in the kitchen," called Changkhyun. Jungkook walked into the kitchen with Jeongin, Hohyeon and Kangmin.

"Oh!" Said Jungkook. "You're the 'shifter who wanted to take Chicago or Detroit then?" He asked. Jinho nodded. "Either that or we take the land between Joshua and Jaehyun's territories," he said. Jungkook hummed. "Both would be good," he agreed. "Is that your 'shifter out back?" He asked. "Yeah," said Kino. "He's with us," he said. "He's not doing anything wrong is he?" He asked. "No no, just wondering," said Jungkook.

"I think it's better to get either Chicago or Detroit though," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "Word from our hyungs said that there's been rising tensions for some reason," he said. "You're not the first to tell us that," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. "But I think it'd be okay to take that territory, granted they say yes," he added.

"You have to get permission to take territories?" Asked Jungkook. Kino nodded. "If there's already other territories occupying the area it's more out of common courtesy," he said. "Huh, I never knew that," said Jungkook. "Why not take one in the midwest?" He asked. "Too big of a space to try and occupy," said Jinho. "And I do have the final say in things," he added. "It just seemed more appropriate for us to take a northern territory," he said. Jungkook put the groceries away with Jeongin, Kangmin and Hohyeon helping, humming in response.

"You'll see a lot of hunters go through your city if you choose one or the other," said Kangmin. "Siwoo and Hakmin usually stop in Chicago before coming home," he said. "A lot of the state side teams usually make their rounds around the US and end up in Chicago," agreed Jungkook. "I know Hobi, Doyoung and Hyunjin do," he said.

"How long are you staying?" Asked Changkhyun as they went into the livingroom where Shinwon was lounging in a chair watching TV. "A few days, if you don't mind," said Jinho. "We've been driving nonstop since we left Toronto," he said. "Sure," said Changkhyun. "Does that mean Hohyeon and Kangmin get to be in my room?" Asked Jeongin. "As long as Doyoung and Hobi allow it, I'm positive Hyunjin doesn't mind but," Changkhyun said, scratching the back of his head. "Yes!" Said Jeongin as he grinned, causing everyone to chuckle.