Chapter 8

A Pack's Story

"Changgu, can we talk?" Asked Kino as he walked over to Changgu and Yanan's room. Changgu blinked, looking up at Kino from his bed before turning to Yanan. "You're not going to try and fight again are you?" Asked Yanan. "No," said Kino as he scratched the back of his head. "I've learned my lesson," he said. Changgu hummed, nodding for Kino to go ahead as he stood. Kino walked out of the room and out the back door with Changgu following after him.

"I'm sorry about earlier," said Kino once he made sure they were alone. "It's nothing against you, really," he said. "I know Shinwon and I are mates but I get jealous because I'm insecure," he said, pausing to turn to Changgu. Changgu nodded for him to continue.

"Everything in me is screaming at me saying that Shinwon is my mate but I can't bring myself to see him more than a companion right now," confessed Kino as he looked down. "Don't get me wrong, I crave his attention but I can't bring myself to be romantically interested, do you understand?" He asked, looking at Changgu. Changgu seemed to be deep in thought as he hummed, before taking him to see Hongseok.

"Changgu? What's wrong?" Asked Hongseok as he looked up from his spot in his bed in his and Hyojung's shared room. "What's up Kino?" He asked. "I-I," said Kino as he blinked. "You want me to talk to him? Are you sure?" He asked, turning to Changgu. Changgu nodded. Hongseok blinked in confusion. "Well," said Kino. "Can we take this outside?" He asked. Hongseok nodded, getting up and following Kino and Changgu out the back door.

"Huh," said Hongseok as Kino finished explaining the situation. "I've known you for years and this is the first time I've noticed this," he said. "I never knew I had this until I met Shinwon," mumbled Kino. "Is there something wrong with me?" He asked. "No!" Said Hongseok as he brought Kino into a hug. "There is nothing wrong with you okay?" He asked.

"But, we are having you speak to Hui about this," he said. "If you're uncomfortable around Shinwon then we need to talk this out with everyone," he said. "I don't know if I can speak to him about something like this," Kino mumbled. "Kino," Hongseok said softly. "This is something important, Hui is the alpha and he needs to know," he said. "I guess," Kino said, sighing as he moved away. Changgu put a hand on Kino's shoulder in comfort and encouragement. "Thanks," said Kino.

 

~



"You're going to get wrinkles with that look you know," said Shinwon as he sat next to Kino who looked to be deep in thought with his eyebrows furrowed. Kino hummed in response as he climbed into Shinwon's lap and laid his head on Shinwon's chest to listen to his heartbeat. "What's wrong Kino?" Asked Shinwon as he wrapped his arms around Kino. "I just have a lot on my mind right now," said Kino. "I can see that," said Shinwon. "Care to enlighten me?" He asked.

"I keep thinking of the day I came out to Changgu," said Kino. "I don't know why," he said. "This was before Wooseok joined wasn't it?" Asked Shinwon. "Mhm," said Kino.

"Is it because of Kangmin?" Asked Jinho as he walked over and sat on the other side of Shinwon. "Possibly," said Kino. "Times are different now," said Jinho. "Nothing will compare to when you came out to everyone else once you were comfortable in doing so," he said.

"That day was stupid," mumbled Kino. "You had to get it off your chest," said Shinwon. "Everyone eventually came around and accepted you," he said. "I know," said Kino. "But I didn't expect that kind of reaction from everyone," he said. "Times are different," said Jinho. "We can only hope that they accept him, or we'll be taking a human along for the ride," he said.

"Where'd everyone else go?" Kino asked suddenly. "Jaehwan wanted to get some shopping done so he's somewhere with his pack and Cory and Jisung went to get food," said Jinho. "Zuho and Sunggyu went hunting again," he said. "When are we going to scope out the city?" Asked Kino. "Probably tomorrow after everyone leaves," said Jinho.

Kino hummed in response as he moved away slightly, though staying in Shinwon's arms as he adjusted slightly to make himself more comfortable before returning to listening to Shinwon's heartbeat. "You're clingier than usual," remarked Shinwon. "I'm just stressed," said Kino. "We can see that," said Jinho as he sighed a bit.

"Well, we have either here or Detroit," he said. "Which one would you rather take?" He asked. "I think Chicago would be good," said Kino. "It'd supply the hunters with a safe house, especially when they don't work for Kris," he said. "Kris has been rather lenient about letting hunters stay in the safe house but I agree," said Shinwon.

"I'd want a property by Lake Michigan though," said Kino. "More for Changgu," he added. "We can manage something I'm sure," said Jinho. "I hope so," said Kino. "I don't feel like being in the middle of two different 'shifter territories, considering how close they both are," he said. "And, if we were to try and take that spot, we'd have to contact Yongguk's pack to see if they'll agree," he said. "More werewolves to deal with," he said, sighing.

Zuho and Sunggyu returned first a few hours later while Kino, Shinwon and Jinho were watching tv. "How'd it go?" Asked Kino as he looked towards the two vampires. "Fine, the others not back yet?" Asked Sunggyu as he went to sit in the recliner. "No," said Kino. "I got a call earlier, they're getting dinner," said Jinho. "I got the same text," said Zuho as he sat in front of the couch.

The others returned an hour later with food and Kino, Shinwon and Jinho went to get their share before going back to lounging on the couch to eat. "Well, we're leaving tomorrow," said Jaehwan as he ate. "First thing in the morning," he said. "We'll be leaving a bit later," said Jisung. "Have fun scoping out the city, try to find a good spot," said Cory. "We'll try," said Jinho.