Chapter 12

A Pack's Story

"Okay you both need to talk this out before I get driven crazy," said Kino as he pushed Jinho towards MJ who had been avoiding Jinho. "I agree with this," said Moonbin as he pushed MJ towards Jinho. "Oi!" Said Jinho. "I did not agree to this," he said. "I don't care," said Kino. "And stop using my catchphrase," he said. "That's my catchphrase damn it," he said, literally shoving Jinho into MJ's face.

MJ was in a similar situation, though he knew better than to fight back. "Damn it 'Bin," he said, catching Jinho and straightening him before moving backwards. "Go have your damn talk, and don't come back until you've resolved this bull crap," said Moonbin. "I don't want to be used as a punching bag, Shinwon is worried you know," said Kino.

"Well, let's go have that talk then," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. MJ hummed, nodding. "Don't go too far," shouted Jaehyun from upstairs. "Jisoo and Mark are out hunting," he called. "Got it!" Called Jinho before he left out the back door with MJ.

"Honestly though, why the hell did I end up with a dog out of all people?" Asked MJ as they took a walk. "Why did I end up with a fox? I don't know," said Jinho. "But why are you so against the idea?" He asked. "You know if you reject me you'll get hurt because of it," he said. "And if you do the same thing you'll get hurt because of it, I know I know," said MJ as he sighed, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Look at it this way," said Jinho as he turned to MJ. "Kino and Shinwon were basically in the same situation until he came out to Shinwon and my pack," he said. "Granted it's a bit different but they made it work," he said. MJ hummed. "I thought those two were mates, but I never really gave it much thought," he said.

"Their relationship is a bit different due to Kino being aromantic but," Jinho said, shrugging. "Trust me, they do care for each other, even if Kino gets jealous a lot of the time," he said, chuckling some. MJ laughs. "I guess so," he said. Jinho chuckled and continued walking with MJ following alongside him.

"So, what has you so against the idea?" Jinho eventually asked. "Well," said MJ. "Due to the time I grew up in my parents preached against the idea," he said. "I grew up in a very conservative household I guess you could say," he said. "I was the first to start changing in the pack and my parents became even stricter with their preaching since you know, they were a big part of the church and what not," he said. Jinho hummed.

"I grew out of it, at least by the time Moonbin joined but I was very against the idea of Chani, who I sort of grew up with since we lived in the same area, being... Gay," MJ said, sighing a bit. "I learned to just tolerate it and when we found our mates in each other well, my mind immediately went straight to my parents teachings and whatnot and well," he said, scratching the back of his head. "That makes more sense, I guess," said Jinho.

"I'm sorry," said MJ. "I didn't mean to make an outburst like that," he said. "It's alright, I reacted so badly because I had to sort of deal with the backlash that Kino received when he came out to all of us," he said. "I've never seen everyone react so badly," he said. "Kino feared he'd lose Shinwon, and the only people he had were me, Changgu, and Hongseok," he said. "Shinwon needed time to think and Yanan and Wooseok were... Well," he said, sighing a bit. "Hui could only try to support everyone since he was alpha and yeah," he said. "Everyone eventually came around to it right?" Asked MJ. "Eventually," agreed Jinho. "It was tough on Kino, but look where they are now," he said. MJ hummed.

"Well, back to the topic on hand," said Jinho. "Are you willing to go with this?" He asked. "Yes," said MJ. "But, we are taking this slow," he said. "We'll see how things get within the week we're here," he said. "You agreed to staying for a week too?" Asked Jinho. "Moonbin has a faction to run and a city to watch out for," said MJ. "If Eunwoo and Rocky were home he'd stay longer but," he said, shrugging.

"Can I see your fox form?" Jinho asked suddenly. MJ blinked. "So straight forward," he said, chuckling some. "Oh shut up," said Jinho. "It's not like my wolf form is any better," he said with a snort. "I'll do it if you do it then," said MJ. "You first," said Jinho.

MJ rolled his eyes and went behind a tree to strip and change. His tan colored fox form soon walked out from behind said tree and Jinho all but cooed from the sight. "Damn you for being cute," said Jinho as he shook his head. MJ snorts, walking up to Jinho. Jinho bent down and ran a hand through MJ's fur. "So soft and cute," Jinho said, laughing slightly. "Alright, my turn then," he said. MJ nodded and went to change back and put his clothes on as Jinho went behind another tree to strip and change.

MJ came out from behind the tree once he was dressed as Jinho's large wolf form did. "Damn," was the first thing MJ said. "Where the hell did you get that scar?" He asked walking up to Jinho and examining the scar. Jinho snorts, bumping MJ with his head.

"Wait a sec!" Yelled MJ as he jumped back in surprise. "We're the same color!" He said. Jinho tilted his head to the side. "Our animal forms have the same color fur," said MJ. Jinho blinked, the realization also hitting him. "What the hell?" Asked MJ.

"I assume you two didn't kill each other?" Asked Mark as he walked over with Jisoo. MJ and Jinho turned to them both. "Wow, they didn't," Jisoo said with a giggle. "That talk really helped then," she said. "I guess," said MJ as he scratched the back of his head. Jinho snorts in agreement before going to the tree again to change and put on his clothes.

"Well?" Asked Mark. "We agreed to see where this went in a week," said Jinho as he came back once he was dressed. "Good," said Mark. "Good lord the tension between you both was stupid," he said. "Let's go then," he said, heading back. Jisoo, Jinho and MJ followed after him.