Chapter 11

A Pack's Story

The way Jaehyun held his stance was well practiced, Shinwon had observed. But the way his pack had held themselves in general was different. Things were much stricter here, though it overlapped a sense of family, as Haechan, who was their youngest, had explained. "Despite our pack's tough exterior we're actually one big family," Haechan had explained when Shinwon questioned him.

Shinwon had found himself spending a lot of time with Haechan and his mate Mark, much to Kino's jealousy. Kino tried to not let it be known however, because Shinwon kept the skinship going when they were together. It was different here, that was for sure, and Shinwon was positive that Kino had noticed the same thing.

When Moonbin, MJ and Sanha were due to arrive the atmosphere changed. It became more friendly, and Jinho put it to the arrival of familiar faces. At least, to Jaehyun and his pack. Daniel had gone to get them with Jisoo and Jinho was left to pace, wondering how this meeting would go.

"Nervous?" Asked Jaehyun. "I guess," said Jinho. "You've never met Moonbin before?" Asked Jaehyun. "I have," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. "But our last meeting wasn't very... Friendly," he added. "I see," said Jaehyun.

"One question," he said. "Hm?" Asked Jinho. "Why do your two packmates not make it obvious that they're mates?" Asked Jaehyun. "Well," said Jinho as he scratched the back of his head. "It's more due to the fact that Kino simply can't," he said. "It's nothing against Shinwon, trust me on that," he said. "But Kino is aromantic, he only sees their relationship as nothing more than platonic," he said. "I see," said Jaehyun. "Not to say that they aren't close," said Jinho. "They're naturally close because of them both being mated to each other so," he said, shrugging.

"Haechan! Take Seokwoo outside!" Jaehyun shouted upstairs. Haechan rushed downstairs with Mark behind him and Seokwoo padded behind them, his tail wagging. Shinwon and Kino came downstairs, spotting Jinho in the livingroom. "Having fun you two?" Jinho asked with a grin. Kino chuckled some. "I guess," said Shinwon as he scratched the back of his head.

"Who's crazy idea was it to adopt a puppy?" Asked Kino as he turned to Jaehyun. "Daniel's," said Jaehyun. "It's a long story that you'd have to ask him about but we all love the pup," he said. "I can tell," said Kino. "Having a dog around does lighten up the atmosphere," agreed Shinwon.

When Daniel and Jisoo got back with Moonbin, MJ and Sanha Jaehyun welcomed them with a grin. "Hey you three, thanks for coming over," he said. "I had to see who'd be taking Chicago," Moonbin said, laughing some. "Plus, the pack taking the middle grounds between here, Boston and NYC are a new face we haven't seen," he said.

"So, who's taking Chicago?" Asked Sanha. "Ah, we are?" Asked Jinho as he blinked, a bit taken aback by Jaehyun's sudden friendly behavior. "Oh, it's you!" Said Moonbin as he turned to Jinho. Jinho chuckled awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head. "Finally got away from the douche bag alpha of yours then?" Asked Moonbin. "Yeah," said Jinho.

"I'm sorry about what happened with your friend," said Moonbin. "We were ready to give him the cure but we got there too late," he said. "It's alright," said Kino. "Things happen," he said. "The best we can do is move on from it, and try to prevent this from happening again," he said. Moonbin hummed in agreement.

Jinho looked around, making eye contact with MJ. "Oh, well, this is interesting," he said, breaking eye contact with MJ immediately. "God damn it," said MJ. "Why did it have to be you?!" He exclaimed. Everyone looked confused.

Kino was the first to catch on as he noticed Jinho's suddenly tense body. "Jinho," he said softly. "Go outside," he said, pushing Jinho to move. Jinho took an unsteady step before bolting out the back door.

"MJ," said Moonbin as he turned to MJ. "Damn it," spat MJ. "I can't have my mate being a guy!" He shouted. A growl escaped Kino. "Listen here kit," he spat, going straight up to MJ. "I don't know what kind of beef you have against my pack alpha but you need to back off," he said. "Listen here dog," spat MJ. "Your pack has no reason to be here," he growled. "Actually, we do," spat Kino.

"MJ," Moonbin said with his alpha's voice. "Back off," he commanded. A shiver went through MJ before he backed off. Shinwon went and put a hand on Kino's shoulder. Kino shook it off before bolting out the back door to find Jinho.

"What the hell man?" Asked Sanha. "Care to enlighten me on what that was about?" Asked Moonbin. "You tolerated everyone else and yet as soon as you find your mate you freak?" He asked. MJ sighed. "Don't even think about bolting out that door unless you're going to apologize," said Jaehyun. "You reject him and it'll hurt you more especially when you found your mate in him too," said Shinwon.

"Okay, who's idea was it to piss off the dogs outside?" Asked Haechan as he came inside with Mark and Seokwoo. "MJ decided to freak out as soon as he found his mate in Jinho," said Jisoo. "Honestly though?" She asked, turning to MJ. "Even I got with the times and I'm older than you," she said, sighing in disappointment.

Anger, that's what Jinho's wolf felt as he ended up using Kino as a punching bag. Kino had no choice but to submit because the aura coming off of Jinho was forcing his body to keep his head down and neck bared in submission and let the blows come. He knew Jinho was holding back though, due to him being mated to Shinwon but damn did the attacks hurt.

Kino's desperate whimpers finally registered in Jinho's anger fogged mind as Jinho stopped attacking, moving back in surprise. Kino was bloody but not bleeding at least, for now. Jinho thanked whoever it was that made a 'shifter's healing to be so quick as he whimpered in apology. Kino shook his head, looking up at Jinho.

Jinho turned when he heard footsteps and Shinwon ran over, going over to Kino and gently petting him, checking to make sure Kino was alright. Moonbin was a few feet behind with his hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry," said Moonbin. "I'll try and talk some sense into MJ," he said. Jinho nodded, looking down.