Pain is always with me.

Derailed from the Original Path

Jiu watched as Sua bandaged her hand as she didn't wince in pain at all, though she let out a long breath that she was apparently holding.

“Sua.” Jiu softly called out to the smaller girl as she examined the girls clumsily bandaged hand. Sua looked over at Jiu and instinctively put her injured hand behind her back as she looked away in shame. Jiu witnessed Sua’s actions as felt her heart drop at the younger girl’s mistrust in her. Sua felt Jiu’s heart drop and whipped her head around to look at Jiu with worry. Jiu smiled sadly as she saw Sua’s worried face. She must have felt what I am feeling. “Are you okay?” Jiu said as she hesitantly took a step forward towards Sua. Sua nodded her head as she backed away from Jiu and was about to walk away until Jiu grabbed her injured hand by accident. Sua let out a whimper which made Jiu drop her hand and worriedly said. “Did I hurt you?” Sua gritted her teeth at her question as rage-filled inside her until she couldn't contain it anymore.

“Of course, you did.” Sua turned around and had tears forming in the corners of her eyes. Jiu froze in her spot as she saw the little girl whom she always protected 10 years ago. “You have been hurting me for a whole decade now. You-you, don't know what it's like to be hurt so much that you let every negative thing into your mind.” Sua started but she began feeling closing up letting her know that she was about to cry. I can't cry just yet. Not in front of Jiu. Not now. Not ever again. Sua thought as she breathed in and out before starting again as she was a little bit calmer than she was before. “You know whispering to me saying how worthless I am. Embracing me as I had to be strong under these cold gazes I get in the cold and cruel world. Trapping me in the palm of their hand as they watch me dance around like a broken puppet for being different. Just because I like girls.” Sua’s mind became muddled with the past times where the whispers got the better of her. She clutched her chest as her heart was racing at all the events where she accepted all those negative facts about herself. “You don't know what it's like to feel your heart being devoured by the darkness as the one who I can depend on threw me into that pit in the first place. You weren't there when I needed you the most. I needed you then and I need you now. I need you to help me from-" She choked out as she felt the tears stinging the back of her eyes. Sua bit her lip as she didn't want to say her darkest secret that she had kept from prying eyes over the last 6 years. No one knew about it except for Sua and she intended to keep it that way until she brings it to her grave.

Jiu instantly brought Sua into a hug as her instincts told her that Sua was still the same little girl who she first met. Something in Jiu’s mind stung as she held Sua close as it didn't fade away. Jiu nuzzled her head into Sua’s neck as she had her arms wrapped around Sua's lower back which fit perfectly.

“I'm here, Sua. I'm here.” Jiu cooed as Sua stiffened at the sensation of being back in Jiu’s arms. It felt right and wrong at the same time. Oh, how she longed to be in her arms again, but it wasn't the same as Sua knew that some of her walls she had built broke just by being near Jiu. Sua gripped onto Jiu’s shoulders and pushed her away.

“I don't need you, Jiu Unnie. We are merely co-workers and if you need any help. I'm here just don't try and fix what is almost broken between us.” Sua gazed harshly at Jiu who was still stunned at Sua’s actions as she watched Sua leave the room.


Sua returned home from dance practice and found herself greeted with nothing once again. She sighed as she the lights that illuminated to a neatly packed room. It was ready for the move to the dorms though Sua had to make sure which ones they didn't need as Siyeon packed a lot of Captain America and rock CDs.

Sua laughed to herself as she recalled Siyeon grabbing all of her CDs and started wrapping them up with her Captain America blanket she received from Sua on their second anniversary of them dating.

Flashback

“Special things deserved to be wrapped into the thing I treasure most" Siyeon pouted as Sua pulled the oddly shaped ball that contained the CDs. Sua looked over at Siyeon and raised her eyebrows.

“Don't pout, my Wolfie. Your CDs are going to ruin the blanket enough that you'll rip the fabric.” Sua reasoned as she gently placed the CDs off the floor and wrapped the blanket around Siyeon. “Unless you want it to rip and then we can buy you a new one.” Sua brought her forehead with Siyeon’s as she nudged the tip of her nose with hers. She lightly chuckled as Siyeon shook her head later at Sua’s suggestion.

“It's a gift from you and I'll never throw it away. I'll never hurt you on purpose you know that right.” Siyeon said as she backed away a bit to look into Sua's eyes. She smiled and kissed Siyeon’s cheek before leaving Siyeon to try and pack her things. “Why is it only the cheek?” Siyeon shouted like a child which Sua couldn't help but laugh out loud before saying.

“Because you haven't even packed one box yet. I on the other hand only need to pack my clothes and then moving onto the kitchen wear.” Sua explained as she disappeared into the room. She winced slightly as she grabbed the end of her shirt and went in front of the mirror. There laying on her skin was a huge bruise that covered almost her entire rib cage. “Damn, that fall was really bad,” Sua said as she looked towards the door where she could hear Siyeon singing faded. She exhaled as she calmly pulled her shirt down and began packing her clothes even though her movements were supposed to be restricted Sua didn't voice nor show her pain. She still felt like she deserved all the pain she had been receiving.

When Sua finished packing her clothes and exited her room only to find Siyeon all wrapped up in her Captain America blanket, as one of the blanket corners was on her head, as she stared at the empty box that was labeled For the dorm.

“What are you doing?” Sua questioned as she found Siyeon current situation adorable and willed herself not to take a picture of it.

“I need help.” Siyeon pouted as she snuggled further into the blanket. Sua laughed as she approached Siyeon.

“Come on, I'll help you,” Sua said smiling as she watched Siyeon brighten up at the fact that she was helping her.

 


 

Present

Sua rubbed the back of her neck as she began making food for the both of them. Sua started reminiscing about Jiu and how she treated her. Her heart shivered at the tone she gave her. It bled at Jiu’s shocked face and it lost all the warmth it had just received when Sua pulled away from their hug. Her mind was so caught up with the event that she didn't notice that she was cutting her fingers until Siyeon pulled her out of her trance.

“Suaifey, are you okay?” Siyeon frantically pulled the knife away from Sua as she brought them to the sink to wash off the blood that had slowly been oozing out. Sua gasped at the damage she had made on her fingers as the water stung her open wounds. Her eye twitched at the minor pain but she didn't pull her hand back, in fact, she welcomed the pain more than anything.

“What were you thinking? Do you know how much you shocked me as you were cutting away at the meat as well as your fingers? I was so… ugh.” Siyeon cried in frustration as Sua didn't understand what the cost of her hurting herself by accident meant to Siyeon. Sua witnessed at how distressed Siyeon was and went to comfort her, however, she pulled away as her fingers started bleeding again.

Siyeon only sighed as she went to grab the first aid kit. She began bandaging Sua’s fingers and noticed that she had more bandages on her hand.

“What happened here?” She pointed to the wrapping Sua made when she was injured this morning. Sua only stared at it as she pushed down the memories that happened with Jiu.

“Your grip is like the hulk but no worries its just a minor wound.” Sua nonchalantly said as she hoped that Siyeon wouldn't dive into it.

“When did this happen?” Siyeon questioned as she started unwrapping the bandage.

“This morning.” Sua shrugged as she looked at Siyeon with worry and her heart steadily increasing its rate as Siyeon examined the wound.

“Did it hurt?” Siyeon looked at Sua as she was about to cry for unknowingly hurting her. Sua only shook her head as she was used to the constant pain. This is nothing new for me though my precious wolfie. Sua thought as she didn't say anything to her. Siyeon kissed the wound she caused Sua as she began applying a new bandage. “Please tell me when I hurt you or when you are in pain again.” Siyeon pleaded as she was on the verge of crying.

“I will,” Sua said those words as it naturally rolled off her tongue. I've told another lie to you once more. She thought sadly as she brought Siyeon’s body closer to her.