The Injured

Derailed from the Original Path

“Okay, that’s the last of all the boxes.” Jiu huffed as she looks at the empty dorm room, she would now be calling hers. She looked at the other members as they were talking amongst themselves in their own little groups on where each of them should be sleeping in. One person, in particular, stood out than the rest of them.

Her Sua.

There, she was gawking at the kitchen like a little child receiving candy. She was inspecting the area before letting loose the goofy smile she had whenever it pleases her. Jiu found herself smiling at her actions as she was slowly walking towards Sua just to hear her rant about anything really. She knew that Sua was in the mood to rant as she was jumping as she squealed whenever she opened a cupboard. She was about to say something until someone bumped into her making her stumble into one of the boxes.

When Jiu fell, she looked at the culprit as there stood Yoohyeon with a box in her arms as she held a questioning look that was quickly replaced with worry.

“Babe, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there.” Yoohyeon said as she cast a look over at Sua then back at Jiu. Jiu shook her head as she got up from the ground and looked over at Sua who was no longer positioned behind the counter. Jiu looked back at Yoohyeon with a smile and responded.

“It's alright. It was my fault for being in your way.” She walked off to grab one of her boxes to unpack to her room. As she entered the room, she immediately felt someone's gaze on her. She didn't turn around as she wanted to finish unpacking.

Yoohyeon watched as Jiu entered the room as she did a little victory dance of diverting Jiu away from Sua. Sua had her chance with Jiu. Now, it’s my turn to have some fun. She thought as she entered her room that she was sharing with Sua.

Upon entering the room, she found Sua happily squealing to Siyeon who had a big grin plastered on her face. That little moment made her happy mood drop as she interrupted their lovely atmosphere with a cough. The couple looked over at Yoohyeon as Sua had a blank face on her while Siyeon refused to look at her.

“Sua, let's go,” Siyeon said as she pushed Sua out of the room. Yoohyeon bit her lip as tears were prickling her eyes. She couldn't stand by and let her soulmate leave her once more. No, she needed to fight for them and try to at least win her heart in the process. Before, Siyeon was out of the room Yoohyeon pulled her in all while locking the door so there wouldn't be any interferences.

“I need to talk to you,” Yoohyeon said as Siyeon crossed her arms while giving her a glare. "it's about us and Sua." Siyeon raised her eyebrows at the thought of dragging Sua into their complicated dilemma.

"You got 5 minutes," Yoohyeon smirked as she decided to be her playful self.

"Oh, honey, what I am going to tell you is going to take more than 5 minutes."


Sua huffed as she knocked on the door to where her girlfriend was behind. She didn't know what was up with Siyeon, ever since she came running into her arms crying while repeatedly saying I'm sorry. She knew that Siyeon would eventually tell her, however, something about her encounter with Yoohyeon didn't seem right. Sua kept pondering as she repeatedly knocked on the door until she hit her injured hand onto the wood. She yelped in pain as her injury started pulsing which Jiu heard her and ran out of the room as fast as she could.

“Moonie, what's wrong?” Jiu let her concern envelop her as she let out her nickname to her out. She didn't think of anything else as she softly grasped onto Sua's hands and began inspecting them. She noticed the bandages on the pads of her left fingertips. Sua was about to pull her hand away but Jiu held it in place. “Does this hurt?” She looked at her with sorrowful eyes that made Sua stiffen in her place like a deer in headlights. Jiu guided her towards the counter where they had a first aid kit already set up.

She began taking the bandages off of Sua's fingers as she had to control her grip. She needed to be careful in case she might bring pain to Sua. She knew that she should stay away from her beloved but how could she do that when she was right in front of her. She was physically touching her, trying to soothe her from all the pain that had been caused. Her mind was filled with only Sua as she didn’t care if the other members were unpacking or making a ruckus. This is just like the old times. Jiu sadly thought as she grabbed the rubbing alcohol and a gauze.

“This is going to sting a bit,” Jiu stated as she noticed that Sua’s fingers were fully closed and she cringed at the bloody mess she had done to herself. She placed the gauze gently onto her wounds and she felt Sua’s hand pull back slightly. It was really faint, but she felt it and that’s all it took for her to look at Sua. Once their eyes met her heart dropped to her stomach as she bears witness to the raw pain that was expressed in Sua’s eyes.

That was all it took for Jiu’s heart to win over her carefully guarded mind. She slowly wiped the wounds as she saw more blood come out. She didn’t grab a band-aid as she put Sua’s bloody fingers to her lips then drinking her blood. Sua noticed what Jiu was doing and tried pulling away but Jiu was stronger than her. When Jiu pulled her lips away from Sua’s fingers, the center of had been painted by Sua’s blood. She slowly applied the band-aid onto each cut that was on Sua’s fingers.

Sua watched Jiu’s actions as she kept wondering what she was up to until she noticed that her blood still lingered on her lips. She was about to wipe it off, but Jiu her lips slowly making her mesmerized at how focused she was.

“You’ve never changed,” Sua whispered out as her walls crumbled slightly as Sua placed her free hand onto Jiu’s cheek by natural instinct to comfort Jiu. Trying to let her know without any words that she was going to be alright. When Sua’s hand came into contact with Jiu, she instantly felt like she was on the verge of tears as nostalgia ran through her body making her remember the happy memories that once shared. Jiu turned to look at Sua with a soften gaze as they always had whenever Sua went to her for anything.

“But you have.” Jiu’s voice cracked as she refused to let go of Sua's injured hand. Sua watched as her confident soulmate break in front of her.

“I had to change,” Sua said as she slowly pulled back, but Jiu held onto her firmly. Jiu witnessed Sua’s face stiffen up to the cold one she wasn’t used to. “I’ve changed for you. It was because of you that I am the person today.” Sua slowly said as each word began twisting Jiu’s heart in pain.

“What do you mean you’ve changed because of me? I haven’t said anything to make you like this.” Jiu retorted as she was raising her voice.

“I’ve changed the moment we broke up. We broke up because you couldn’t stand that fact that you had a weak pathetic girl as a soulmate. I understand why you did it and to be honest I’m glad that we broke up.” Sua said as she dropped her hand from Jiu’s cheek. She was getting irritated by how much Jiu could affect her in her fluctuating moods. Jiu still didn’t let go of Sua even after Sua’s burst of anger. “What do you want from me, Jiu?” Sua grew frustrated as she needed time away from Jiu to become the strong person, she built herself to be.

“I want you, Sua!” Jiu shouted as it made Sua speechless. “Can’t you see no matter how many times you’ve been pushing me away ever since we met again. I always wanted to talk to you, but you are pushing me away like I’m some kind of disease. I just want to be with you, Sua. It’s not the fate connection we have. Maybe our hearts are matched together, and I’m done exploring. I’m done with the what ifs. I’m here to stay, Sua.” Jiu walked closer to Sua as their hands were still linked. “I’ll mend this relationship no matter how bumpy this road is.” Jiu intertwined her fingers with Sua’s injured ones. “I’m not leaving you ever again.” She gazed into Sua’s eyes and watched as she tried to put up her barriers. “What do you say, Moonie? Will you let me try and capture your heart again?”