We need to Talk

Derailed from the Original Path

Jiu looked at Sua, as she couldn’t feel what was going on with her soulmate. She wanted to know what was happening to Sua, but she wasn’t saying anything. Sua looked at Jiu with no emotion as she tore her gaze from Jiu and started walking to Siyeon.

“It’s okay, Siyeonssi, I’m fine now. You know that I won’t ever do it again.” Sua gently said to her little wolf as she clenched her teeth in anger. Sua kissed her cheek to ease up on the tightened muscles that were going to be sore in a couple hours. “Siyeonssi.” She made Siyeon look at her as she attempted to calm her down. “You are causing a scene and I still need to know who everyone is if we are all going to be working together peacefully.” Sua emphasized the peacefully knowing that Siyeon might hurt some people in the room. Siyeon only nodded and Sua looked at the girl who made her angry. “As you know I’m Kim Sua and I believe I still need to know everyone’s names. Also, I’m sorry if my Siyeonssi shouted at you, she gets really protective when someone she loves gets hurt.” Sua said as she told Yoohyeon in a cold tone that didn’t have any ounce of sympathy in it. Yoohyeon only nodded as all she heard was Siyeon’s words reply in her head.

“I’m… Kim Yoohyeon.” Yoohyeon managed to say as Sua nodded her head and started walking towards the other members to ask for their names.

Jiu only watched Sua as she walked around the room with a sad expression. What happened to you Sua? Why can’t I feel your emotions anymore? Is this because we broke it off? You’ve changed for the better? I’m not sorry for checking you out which I’ll keep to myself. Besides what did Sua mean by my Siyeonssi? Is she with someone else happily, unlike me? I don’t like this at all. I shouldn’t be hurting so much knowing that Sua is happy with someone else. She isn’t in pain but why am I hurting so much? Jiu thought as she felt her tears pricking her eyes as she knew that Sua had moved on from Jiu, however Sua made contact with Jiu she felt a little bit of warmth as she knew her soulmate’s heart still longed for her. That little feeling has Jiu hope in winning her back. Even though, that little feeling was a little millisecond, Jiu couldn’t help but feel like she was getting a second chance. A chance for her to right her wrongs but her mind was telling her to back off as it seemed like Sua was already taken. She couldn’t decide which to pursue after her revelation. She was stuck once again in her endless amount of worries and contemplation.

Once Sua finished gathering everyone’s names the In-Kwon started telling the girl what they are going to do and what positions they would fill in. He also gave them their schedules on what they need to work on before their debut. On that note, the manager left so he could discuss other things with the staff members. He left the 7 girls in the room to their own devices. Sua dragged Siyeon to a less public part of the room while Jiu followed Sua with her eyes until Yoohyeon came up to her.

“Hey, Jiu, I didn’t know you were here.” She said in attempt to get Jiu to stop looking at her apparent soulmate, however Jiu’s eyes were still trained on Sua as she witnessed Sua caress Siyeon’s cheek and then trailing down her arm just to soothe Siyeon. Jiu couldn’t see Sua’s expression but the look on Siyeon’s face was one full of love. She watched as Siyeon mouthed the words I love you to her and that brought a sledgehammer to her chest. It felt like all the air was being out with no attempts of it coming back any time soon. She had to tear her gaze off of them as an attempt to feel less pain.

Sua felt the pain that Jiu was going through and looked over at Jiu who was holding Yoohyeon for support. Sua frowned at the sight of knowing that she purposely caused Jiu some harm however, she couldn’t bring herself to comfort her. Not when Siyeon had been glaring daggers at Jiu the entire time she had been in the room.

“Siyeon, no matter how many times you are going to be looking at my soulmate she’s still going to live.” Sua said as she watched Siyeon try to give her the death glare. Sua forced Siyeon to look at her and continued in a serious manner. “Nothing is going to happen, okay? I’m going to be okay. We are going to work with her so don’t cause trouble, please.” Sua’s words impacted Siyeon in ways that she couldn’t say no to her. Siyeon just huffed in frustration and grumbled that she would do anything to make Sua happy. Sua knowing most of Siyeon’s actions just smiled as she kissed Siyeon’s cheek.

Jiu was now talking to Yoohyeon in hopes to ease her pain and it was dulling to a certain extent, but her mind kept wandering back to the girl who seemed to change. She didn't know if she should take it as a good or bad thing as she noticed that Sua handled herself with confidence instead of being shy and saying sorry all the time.

“So…, you met your soulmate already huh?” Yoohyeon tried to break the tense ice that was surrounding Jiu as she was focused on the wall than anywhere else. Jiu just nodded her head and Yoohyeon felt her heart drop as she knew that her liking the girl would never be reciprocated. “Is she also the reason why you are acting as if you need to put on a mask?” That statement made Jiu tense up and Yoohyeon noticed it as well. “I’m right… aren’t I?” Yoohyeon quietly said as she watched Jiu bite her lip to the point that it almost broke the skin. The tears began to well up within Jiu as Sua who finally got Siyeon to calm down looked over at Jiu.

When she saw that Jiu was about to cry her body was on autopilot. She didn’t think about her actions at all as she walked up to Jiu and grabbed her arm. Sua’s touch shot jolts through Jiu’s body as she knew who it was who can do such a thing to her. Jiu looked at Sua who had an unreadable expression and just pulled her out of the room.

Yoohyeon looked at Sua in disbelief as the girl didn’t look at Yoohyeon once nor give her an excuse. Siyeon watched their interaction and her insecurity was running wild as she watched frozen in her spot while Sua walked out with Jiu.

When Sua pulled Jiu out of the room, she knew that she needed to get her out of there, because Jiu didn’t like people seeing her weak. Jiu smiled without any forced effort as she found a part of Sua that remained the same after all these years.

Sua stopped in her tracks as they were behind the stairway that was dark and secluded. Sua turned around abruptly as she loosened her grip on Jiu’s arm to turn around. Once she did, she pulled Jiu causing to girl to fall towards her, while Sua wrapped her arms around Jiu. That little action caused Jiu’s tears to fall freely as she finally noticed that Sua brought her out there for her to have some peace and quiet. To show her weakness in front of the one person who knew her better than everyone else. Jiu reciprocated her embrace as her breaths became shaky and her knees buckled making her fall onto Sua. Sua took a step back to stabilize their position but failed to do so as they fell onto the ground. Sua covered most of Jiu’s body with her own as a reflex.

When they fell, Jiu looked at Sua who still had an unreadable expression on her face. She frowned when she tried feeling what Sua was feeling but all she got was nothing. Before Jiu could say anything, Sua placed a hand on Jiu’s cheek to wipe away the stray tears that were staining Jiu’s face.

“I’m sorry.” Sua whispered softly which made Jiu confused as to why Sua was apologizing. Sua looked into Jiu’s eyes and her mind was completely blank. She couldn’t think of anything at the moment and let her body go into instinct. “I’m the reason why you’re crying.” Sua stated which Jiu stayed silent letting Sua continue whatever she was doing. “You’re not the only one who’s hurting here.” Sua dropped her hands to her side and Jiu quickly grabbed Sua’s hand. “I am too… but you can’t feel it can’t you?” Sua’s eyes never left Jiu who still wasn’t following what was happening. “Actions have consequences, Jiu Unnie, and we are paying for your actions.” Sua said as her voice was steadily becoming colder. “It’s been 10 years, Jiu Unnie, and yet you still have this effect on me.” Sua’s eyes were growing darker as Jiu started getting chills down her spine. Sua intertwined her fingers with Jiu’s and she brought her lips beside Jiu’s ear. “Would you like me to show you what you do to me?” Sua said as she laced her voice with a little bit of seductiveness, Jiu widened her eyes as she pushed Sua away. She cupped her ear as it was throbbing and becoming warm where Sua’s breath tickled her earlobe. Her face becoming flushed at Sua’s suggestion and the way she said it made her release a shaky breath.

“Sua… wha-... you… no…. It can’t be… this,” Jiu gestured to all of Sua, “This isn’t you at all.” Sua looked at her and stood up from her spot. She wiped the dust off her pants like nothing happened.

“Ten years have past, Kim Jiu.” Sua said in a cold and harsh way making Jiu flinch at the sudden change in Sua’s personality again. “We aren’t those kids at age 15, where all that mattered were ourselves. In this harsh world we live in, we have to make an example to the world showing that no one is truly alone out there.” Sua stated as she thought after that. Just like how you left me alone. While Jiu was pulled back into her memory where she silently made the promise. I’ll protect you, Sua. In this harsh world, I’ll protect only you, my love. Echoed in her mind as Siyeon’s earlier words came into play.

“Sua, please don’t tell me what Lee Siyeon said was true.” Jiu pleaded as she hoped that it wasn’t true. That their time apart cause Sua so much pain that her life wasn’t worth living anymore. That her little suggestion was enough to tip her to the point of no return.

“It’s true.” Sua said with no hesitation nor did she make any excuses. “It’s my fault for being weak and tempted by the voices in my head. You helped me Kim Jiu.” Jiu’s jaw dropped at the honest truth of Sua’s and yet she still couldn’t read her nor feel her emotions. “You showed me that I was a weak person and that I needed to be stronger to live in this world. Strong enough to be in this world without relying on anyone, especially my soulmate.” Jiu’s heart broke when Sua said soulmate with hatred.

“I didn’t mean to-” Jiu tried to interject but Sua cut her off.

“You did what you had to do. I’m grateful for that but seeing as we haven’t seen each other for 10 years says enough. So, it’ll be a pleasure in working with you. I’ll try not to be too much of a burden for you like when we were young.” Sua turned around and began walking away from Jiu. Jiu scrambled to her feet as she caught up to Sua and pinned her up against the wall.

“You’re wrong when you say that I abandoned you.” Jiu said as their faces were only centimeters apart. Jiu looked at Sua’s eyes then to her lips as she slowly closes the distance to their lips.