First and possibly Last Date

Derailed from the Original Path

“Siyeon!” Yoohyeon ran into Siyeon with a smile on her face and quickly wrapped her arms around Siyeon’s neck. Siyeon stiffened up at Yoohyeon’s touch and her heart began racing at such a simple action. It didn’t help her at all when she could feel Yoohyeon’s breath caressing the shell of her ear.

“Y-Yoohyeon, b-be careful. Y-you could fall off you know.” Siyeon began to blush as Yoohyeon pressed her body closer into Siyeon’s back. Though she was concerned about Yoohyeon’s safety as Siyeon knew she couldn’t hold Yoohyeon on her back for long. Yoohyeon only hummed as she smiled knowing that having Siyeon near her felt safe.

“If I fall, I’m dragging you down with me,” Yoohyeon beamed as she giggled and Siyeon giggled along with Yoohyeon. That was how infectious Yoohyeon’s presence was on her. All her bad days were to go away whenever Yoohyeon was around. If she was happy then Siyeon was happy. It was as simple as that and Siyeon wouldn’t change it for the world.


“So…,” Yoohyeon dragged out as they were seated in a cafe. A place that was supposed to be comfy however Siyeon’s cold demeanor and icy aura kind of scared mostly everyone. She tapped the side of her cup while nervously looking up to Siyeon only to see her very stern with her arms crossed and her glare. Yoohyeon was about to speak but the waiter came in and deflated her confidence.

“Here are your orders and if you need anything else just call me over.” The waiter rushed as he didn’t want to be near the cold looking girl. He rushed back and all the other co-workers of his were peeking at the odd pairing that came in.

“Hey, so what do you think their story is?” A girl said as she watched the pairing with curiosity.

“I think there might be a fight going to happen. I mean look at that icy presence that one has.” The waiter pointed at Siyeon who picked up her cup and took a sip out of it while Yoohyeon sheepishly took a sandwich and took a small bite out of it.

“I bet the one munching on the sandwich done the cold one wrong in some way.” She said as hoped that Yoohyeon wouldn’t be swallowed up by Siyeon. Siyeon placed her cup down and everyone who was watching her flinched.

“You wanted your date, Yoohyeon, and there you have it. I don’t see any progress going on,” Siyeon stated with no emotion as she just wanted to leave as soon as possible so she could talk with her Suaifey about everything she needed to make them go back to the loving relationship they had. I hope that I’m not too late Sua. Siyeon promised herself that she would not hurt Sua intentionally, but Sua’s disbelief face broke her heart and made her realize that she just broke her promise. “Silence is a deadly weapon,” Siyeon muttered out enough for Yoohyeon to hear and she reacted by quickly holding her hand. Siyeon felt Yoohyeon’s soft warm hand and cocked a brow at her.

“Dates take time to forge,” Yoohyeon tried sounding sophisticated but she was an amateur to taking people on dates. Though her reply worked on Siyeon since she hummed in response as she remembered the time, she took Sua out on a date.


“Sua!” Siyeon happily barged into the lecture room where Sua was talking to the professor about something Siyeon didn’t care about. Sua looked back at Siyeon and huffed as this became a daily habit.

“Siyeon, be right there in a bit. I need to figure out something that the prof has an answer to.” Sua waved Siyeon off but that didn’t faze Siyeon at all. She just shrugged it off and looked at Sua’s things that haven’t been relocated into her bag. So Siyeon made it her mission to pack it for Sua because the faster she gets her out of the room the longer she can have her date with Sua. Siyeon finished packing up Sua’s things which took a while since Sua was very picky on where her things should be placed in the bag. Siyeon smiled as she noticed that Sua had the keychain she gave her last week which was an elephant that had a small crown on its head.

“Hey Wolfie, you done dazing there,” Sua snapped Siyeon out of her trance. Siyeon jumped at the sudden voice and instantly looked at Sua.

“Don’t do that, I almost got a heart attack,” Siyeon held her chest while her heart rammed against her like a drum being accented at each beat making it louder and louder. She let out a breath to try and ease her heart rate, but it kept that constantly kept its rhythm. Sua raised her brow but shook it off.

“Come on, Wolfie, we need to leave the lecture room so the prof can lock up. Unless… you want to be locked in here for the night?” Sua questioned while Siyeon thought of the many ways they could pass time in the almost empty lecture room.

“I mean we could,” Siyeon changed her tone and watched Sua’s face flush in embarrassment. She smiled knowing that she is slowly getting a reaction from Sua because that shows how much her small pursues are making Sua feel towards her. Not out of disgust or uncomforting but with affection. She knew that this right because soulmates aren’t always a sure thing.


“That’s one way to start a date,” Siyeon chuckled remembering how the prof got their attention and gave them a warning glare to not actually attempt to do it. It was a pleasant memory for Siyeon since it was something that turned into a loving strong relationship, she has now with Sua. Excluding all the secrets that have been made these past couple months. It’s just a small rough patch. Me and Sua will get through this like any other time. She thought as she stared absentmindedly at her beverage while Yoohyeon felt somewhat at peace knowing that she was holding Siyeon’s hand.

“No date can be perfect.” Yoohyeon started as she knew she was off to a bad start with her date. “But it can be memorable don’t you think,” She continued as she thought it’s another good memory to be preserved even if it was with the help of Siyeon’s girlfriend. Siyeon didn’t know how to have a proper conversation with Yoohyeon and just let the time pass. She didn’t feel the urge to pull her hand away from her too. It gave her a feeling, but she couldn’t place what it was as it felt different whenever she held Sua’s hand. Siyeon felt a tug on her hand as she found that she zoned out for a long time as Yoohyeon said something to her.

“Sorry, what did you say?” She asked as she felt a little bit guilty that she was in her mind even though she said that they would talk.

“I just asked if you wanted to go for a walk. To you know not have so many prying ears and possibly away?” Yoohyeon questioned as she was afraid of getting rejected as she stood there for a long time. She also paid the bill which she found some of the staff looking at them with curious eyes.

With the silence just making her ready to run away, she didn’t know how Siyeon could just look at her like she was ready to kill her. What did Sua turn you into? Yoohyeon cursed as she felt like she had lost her best friend all those years ago.

Siyeon finally giving in as she knew that they needed to have the talk sooner of later. "Okay let's get out of here then," She replied as she felt Yoohyeon shift her hand to hold her hand better. It felt like it fit but something was wrong with it. Siyeon wanted to take her hand away but she knew that Sua would keep an open mind to all possibilities. She could do the same and it was all because of Sua.

"Let's go then," Yoohyeon cheered and she walked with Siyeon out of the cafe with a smile on her face. "We have too much to say in so little time. I suggest another date," Siyeon didn't think about her decision as responded before her.

"Sure, I pick the place next time though"