There's a difference

Derailed from the Original Path

“They say that the best way to move on from someone is to forgive them and accept the fact that the choice has been made for the best for each other. Even if one is to come out unscathed, at the end of the day, someone is going to get hurt,” Siyeon read a little bit of the book she randomly flipped through from the mountains of books that Dami had brought in. She sighed in frustration as she still couldn’t get rid of the anger she felt.

“Hey, are you okay?” Siyeon looked over to the intruding voice and gave the person her killer stare. “Whoa their Jack, I come in peace,” Siyeon only narrowed her eyes at the person.

“What do you want, Kim Jiu?” Siyeon harshly spat out as her anger was being directed to the one person, she found herself hating every day since the moment her name left Sua’s lips. Jiu shivered slightly by Siyeon’s tone of voice but still went on with it.

“I just wanted to see if you were alright. You seemed...,” Jiu couldn’t find the proper words as she didn’t know how to approach the girl. “Off.” Jiu managed to get out but all she got in return was a scoff and rolling of the eyes. Siyeon walked out of the room but not before bumping shoulders with Jiu. “You know, Lee Siyeon, you shouldn’t judge me for something I couldn’t control.” Jiu tried to remain calm, but she wanted to show Siyeon that she wasn’t a monster.

“The past is in the past and all is forgiven… like I’ll say that. My girlfriend was hurt by you and yet here you are. No battle scars or anything. Not even remorse for your actions.” Siyeon didn’t want to forgive anyone especially Kim Jiu not now ever.

“I didn’t think that Sua would change this much though,” Jiu’s voice weakened a little knowing that Sua was in pain. “Did you know about Sua?” Jiu turned around to look at Siyeon but was only facing her back. Siyeon didn’t want to look at Jiu but glanced her way just to see what was going on.

“What?” Siyeon prepared herself with what Jiu might say next.

“I’m asking you if you knew?” Jiu repeated as she implied about the raw pain Sua seemed to endure from hours earlier but the look on Siyeon’s face told her everything. “Never mind,” Jiu walked out of the dorms leaving Siyeon confused at what just happened.

Jiu let out a shaky breath as she bit her lip as she willed her tears back into her eyes.

“You’re okay. You’re okay. You have to stay strong like Moonie. You’ll be there from now on.” Jiu told herself as she walked out of the building only to find Sua looking up at the sky while leaning against the hood of a car. “S-Sua?” Jiu said in shock while Sua slowly looked at Jiu and gave her a small smile but disappeared as soon as it appeared.

“Kim Jiu,” Sua only nodded towards her like a small simple greeting. Jiu smiled knowing that hope hasn’t been lost yet. Jiu strolled towards Sua and sat beside her placing her hand just centimeters away from Sua’s.

“How are you?” Jiu started with the small talk but all she got was a shrug until Jiu blurted out. “Your girlfriend doesn’t know about it, doesn’t she?” Sua’s heart dropped to her stomach and instantly she was looking at Jiu.

“How?” Was all Sua could say but Jiu gave her the knowing look.

“Your eyes told me everything, Moonie. Even if your personality has changed your eyes still show your thoughts and feelings… well, at least I can.” Jiu recollected the memories when Sua tried to lie to her in the past. “I think you should tell, Siyeon.” Jiu caught Sua off guard as she choked on the air.

“W-what?” Sua stuttered out as she tried to recollect herself to stay strong and Jiu was beaming as she saw the Sua she was used to seeing in the past.

“Tell Siyeon about all the pain you have endured. She deserves to know, Moonie,” Jiu’s hand started inching closer to Sua’s. “Being in a committed relationship requires honesty.” Jiu wisely said as she remembered all the failed relationships she had just because she wasn’t honest about her feelings.

“It’s too late, Kim Jiu,” Sua whispered out as she tried to tell Siyeon, but she was still a coward. “If I tell her now… I don’t know what would happen.” Jiu inched closer towards Sua as she finally got their pinkies touching.

“If she hates you then it shows that it wasn’t meant to be. Moonie, I’m here for you and you know that... right?” Jiu’s voice broke at the end as her eyes were on the verge of tears. She couldn’t handle being constantly rejected by Sua. Her heart was in shambles, but it longed for Sua. Even now her heart was racing just by having their pinkies touching. Sua only looked at Jiu while her mind and heart were screaming different things.

I love you, Jiu. I can’t stop loving you no matter what happens but there is Siyeon. What am I supposed to tell her? Sorry, Wolfie, soulmates are meant to be. I can’t do that to her. She’s been with me through thick and thin. She’s been my rock and went through almost everything with me. Then there’s you. You were there to protect me and always put me first as well. You knew me inside and out without having to ask me what’s wrong. You always brightened my day back when we were kids, but you hurt me. You hurt me in ways that I can’t compare it to any physical pain I went through.

“Yes, I do, and I love you for that,” Sua breathed out as Jiu’s warming eyes were inviting her. Making her feel safe but that moment was lost the moment Sua realized what she had just said. Jiu was also shocked at what Sua said as well and had drop at the sudden information. “Please forget I said anything.” Sua suddenly said as she stood up abruptly and began walking inside.

“No,” Jiu stood up as well and began following Sua, “I will not forget this at all. You said that you love me,” Jiu didn’t want to forget anything that involved Sua.

“Yes, I know that, but I also like Siyeon,” Sua stated as she kept walking to the dorm room.

“You said like not love. There is a difference in words, Moonie,” Jiu tested the waters as she had a smile on her face.

“No there isn’t!” Sua was pulled back by her wrist by Jiu.

“Then tell me that you are in love with Siyeon. Tell me that we are no longer soulmates. Tell me that you have given up on us, then I will leave you alone. You can be happy with Siyeon and I’ll move on with you with Yoohyeon. Tell me all that then I’ll let you go.” Jiu pleaded but Sua couldn’t say it.

“We need to talk about it!” Shouting disrupted what Sua was about to say and their attention went to the door.

“No, you want to talk about it and all I want to do is go to my girlfriend and enjoy her company,” Siyeon yelled and still didn’t notice the two.

“I’m just asking to just go on 5 dates with me and if you don’t feel the same way then I’ll leave you alone. We’re soulmates who kissed already for crying out loud.’ Yoohyeon said as calmly as she could but Siyeon was making it so difficult.

“Yoohyeon, I-” Siyeon started but was cut off when Sua interrupted.

“You guys are soulmates and you didn’t bother to tell me, Wolfie,” Sua looked at Siyeon in disbelief as Jiu was right behind her.

“Suaifey… I can explain,” Siyeon started but Sua only shook her head.

“Is this the reason why you were silent when going back home to pack our things?” Sua asked and Siyeon stayed quiet. “I’m not mad about the kiss because I’ve done it with Jiu as well.” Siyeon’s eyes widened at Sua’s statement and glared at Jiu with jealousy.

“I was going to tell you but-” Siyeon started but Sua cut her off once more.

“I heard enough explaining for one day, Siyeon,” Sua addressed her coldly and Siyeon froze on the spot. “Talk to your soulmate because apparently, you guys need to talk way more than me and you.” Sua glared over at Yoohyeon who held a smirk and turned around to Jiu. “We also need to talk. Let’s go.” Sua let her arm go around Jiu’s waist and pulled her along outside of the building.

“Well, your girlfriend approves of us going on a date,” Yoohyeon stated as she grasped onto Siyeon’s arm as she kept the smile on her face.

“Fine, I'll go out with you but we are only talking and that is it," Siyeon said as she hoped that nothing would happen between her and Yoohyeon as well as Sua and her soulmate. "I'll make sure to protect you this time, Sua, even if it is from your soulmate." Siyeon silently promised to herself while Yoohyeon was jumping around like she had just won the lottery.