Messy Indeed

Derailed from the Original Path

Siyeon rushed out the room and looked around the hall to see if she could spot her soulmate, however she didn’t spot her love anywhere which made her fear for the worst. Before, she could start running down the hall to go hunt for the girl, Yoohyeon pulled her back making Siyeon glare at her. Yoohyeon stood her ground as she knew that Sua and Jiu needed to talk about who knows what. She knew that if she let Siyeon run loose who knows what might happen as she didn’t want to know what Siyeon was capable of when someone tries to hurt Sua.

“What on earth are you doing?” Siyeon told Yoohyeon as she glared down the girl, who was the only obstacle in the way in trying to make sure that Sua wouldn’t be hurt or worse, leave Siyeon behind. Yoohyeon froze in her spot but was saved as Dami came up to Siyeon.

“Now now. Let’s all be civil here. We are all going to be part of a group and it’s not going to work out if we start making enemies.” Dami tried to calm down the situation that wasn’t looking too good even when all the other members who didn’t know what was happening wanted the whole thing to go away. Siyeon directed her glare at Dami who immediately raised her hands up in defense. “I’m just pointing out the facts. No need to try and kill me with your looks.” Dami tried to ease up the atmosphere but it wasn’t working.

“I’ll calm down, once I know, that my Sua is going to be alright,” Siyeon growled at the members making them all think that she resembled a very loyal dog or wolf.

“Your Sua walked off with Jiu fully knowing about the consequences that she is going to face. So, just trust her since she clearly knows how to handle herself.” Yoohyeon barged in as she recalled at all the gushing Siyeon said about Sua who could stand up for herself. Siyeon looked at Yoohyeon and narrowed her eyes at her hoping that Yoohyeon didn’t have any hidden meaning behind those words.

“She may have toughened up against the whole world but that doesn’t include soulmates. From what My Sua told me, they feel each other’s emotions. Know each other’s weaknesses without any verbal communication.” Kind of like when I knew you were down when we were in junior high, but that’s because I was so in love with you. You notice every single thing about your crush. Siyeon thought as she grimaced at the idea that Yoohyeon may be her potential soulmate. “A soulmate can do more damage to their significant other that no one else in the world can. No matter how many barriers Sua makes Jiu can tear them all down in a flash. Why am I scared for my Sua? It’s because your precious little Jiu can easily make Sua turn into the broken little girl that I met her when you decided to ghost me after the grade 9 graduation.” Siyeon was getting heated up as she was walking dangerously closer and closer to Yoohyeon. Dami and Handong rushed to Siyeon to hold her down but Siyeon was stronger for some reason but before Siyeon could actually do anything, Sua came through the door. She looked around and cocked up a brow when she saw Siyeon being restrained by two of their co-workers.

“Siyeonssi?” Sua said and that’s all it took for Siyeon to calm down from her rage towards Yoohyeon.

“Sua? You’re alright?” Siyeon questioned as her voice was soft and her facial expression was one with tender and care. She looked at Sua, as she smiled a little bit seeing that Sua came back to her, while everyone’s mouth dropped to the ground at the sudden change in personality. Siyeon still struggled to get out of Dami and Handong’s grasp, while Sua was walking towards Siyeon as Jiu entered the room. Siyeon spotted Jiu behind her with a smile on her face as she looked at Sua who had an unreadable expression. It was the first time since they became lovers that Siyeon didn't know what was going through Sua's mind.

“Let's go, Siyeonssi.” Sua was in front of Siyeon as she just got Dami and Handong to let go of Siyeon. Siyeon watched Sua as she dragged her out of the room and into the hall. They sat down on the bench and Sua just let out a sigh. “You want to tell me what happened back there, or you want me to play the guessing game?” Sua looked at Siyeon with dark eyes as she crossed her arms to add the serious effect. Siyeon shrunk down from her spot as she became ashamed at the fact that she let her insecurity get the better of her.

 

“I’m sorry.” She whispered as Sua could hear the pout coming from Siyeon. “I got my emotions get the better of me.” Siyeon continued but refused to look into Sua’s gaze. She didn’t know how her lover might react as she never dealt with this kind of Sua before. It was foreign and to be frank she didn’t want to deal with that kind of Sua ever again. “I thought you might have chosen your soulmate before me… and such.” Siyeon mumbled as the dark thoughts crept into her mind again. Whispering their opinions into Siyeon’s mind as she was at the most vulnerable point. Sua noticed Siyeon’s state and scooted closer to Siyeon. She tucked a part of Siyeon’s hair and whispered into her ear.

“I like you Siyeonssi. You are my friend, my girlfriend, my rock, my world and the only thing in that makes me well me. I’ll never leave you alone, be it a disaster or life-threatening situation you'll never tear me away from you.” She pulled Siyeon in a bone-crushing hug and Siyeon wasn’t responding to her, so she resorted to a more direct approach. She brought Siyeon’s face up and she latched her lips onto Siyeon’s. It took a while before Siyeon kissed back making Sua smile for getting part of Siyeon back.

Jiu watched their interaction as her heart wrenched in pain from seeing someone else kiss her soulmate. Her eyes were on the brim of tears once again, but she willed herself not to let them drop. It was then she felt a hand touch her shoulder and she looked at whoever pulled her out of her trance. It was Yoohyeon who offered her a sympathetic smile as she pulled Jiu into the room. The other members were all conversing with each other to get to know each other. Jiu tried to fit into the conversation, but her mind went back to her memories.

Flashback

Jiu entered the school while holding Sua’s hand as it was her first day of school. The girl was a nervous wreck all morning as Jiu tried to get the girl to make a proper introduction so that way she wouldn’t worry about it once school was finished. Jiu smiled at the way Sua timidly whispered out her introduction as she looked at her fingers.

“Sua, you need to talk a little bit louder if you don’t want people teasing you.” Jiu advised Sua as she grabbed Sua’s hand and intertwined them, so it could give her a little boost of confidence. Sua took a deep breath as she slowly met Jiu’s gaze. Once their eyes met Jiu gave her a warm smile and Sua spoke too quickly for Jiu’s liking.

“Hi, my name is Kim Sua, and I’m new here. I am also going to be your classmate for the rest of the junior high-” She spoke until she bit her tongue which resulted her into tearing up from the pain and kneeling down from embarrassment. Jiu laughed a little at her soulmate’s actions before hugging the little girl.

 

“You said it too fast, Sua.” Jiu rubbed Sua’s back to try and help her out. “Here, let’s try this again but this time much more slowly okay.” She couldn’t see Sua’s face, but she did get a hesitant nod from her. That little nod made Jiu smile from ear to ear as she thought that Sua was being too cute for her own good.

 

“My…. name is Kim Sua, and I’m new here. I’m going to be your new classmate for the rest of the junior high year.” Sua said it slowly as she met Jiu’s gaze and said it naturally. Jiu laughed as she was proud of Sua for not completely stuttering her introduction. But hearing her stutter every once in a while, isn’t all that bad. Jiu thought to herself as she pulled Sua into her loving embrace as she kissed the girl’s head.

 

“Much better, my little nervous wreck.” Jiu started laughing as Sua only smiled at Jiu’s contagious laughter. “Now, come on, it’s time for the real show to begin.” Jiu pulled Sua towards the classroom where she could begin her life in Junior high.

“I’m not ready yet, Jiu Unnie.” Sua flustered as her heartbeat was thumping against her chest as it grew louder in her eardrums. She didn’t want to face a bunch of strangers just yet. Jiu felt Sua’s nervous feeling and only pouted as she didn’t want her to have any bad thoughts about school.

“Don’t worry, Sua, if anything bad happens to you. I’ll be there to protect you. Forever and always.” Jiu said as they entered the classroom and that was the start of their time together for junior high.

Present

Jiu bit her lip as she remembered the part where Sua would always try to handle things herself but never seemed to work as her personality got in the way. Seeing Sua all grown up without her hurt her heart as it ached in pain, slowly making her chest hollow as she didn’t know what could possibly fill in the void that seemed to be growing in her chest. She watched the entire interaction as Sua took charge and didn’t seem to mess up. She didn’t know what happened as she also feared that their time apart may not be temporary at all. She bit her lip to stop the aching pain from reaching anywhere that might truly affect her however, as each breath she took felt like it was taking a heavy toll on her heart. As another memory flashed through her mind.

Flashback

Jiu looked at the couples that kept saying I love you to their other person. She didn’t like that I love you was so… repetitive. She wanted something to do something different. She wanted to show to Sua that she meant the world to her. She was too busy looking at the couples that were flaunting their love to notice that Sua came back with Jiu’s favorite food from the stall. Sua placed the food on the table, she noticed that Jiu was in her own world. She smiled as she sat down beside her and pulled out a sketchbook. She began drawing Jiu’s figure as she noticed a couple months ago that Jiu would stay perfectly still when she is too focused on something that was taking a toll on her mind.

When she finished her rough sketch, she felt that something was missing as she looked at the beauty that was before her. She added a little note about Jiu before adding the ring on Jiu’s finger. Sua smiled to herself as she started drawing on her left hand. She closed her left hand and continued the red line that indicated her soulmate onto her pinkie and put a half bow on it. Once that little drawing was done she started drawing the same thing on Jiu’s left hand as well as she also took Jiu’s phone and started writing messages all over Jiu’s phone whenever she opened up something she usually goes on when she’s bored.

Finally, Sua had enough with Jiu spacing out as they were in the park for almost 2 hours. Sua pinched Jiu’s cheek which got her out of her trance and Sua gestured to Jiu’s food which must have been cold by now.

“Oh,” Jiu said nonchalantly as she mind was still back on debating on ways to show Sua that she loved her in a unique way. “Thank you.” Jiu didn’t notice Sua’s face falter as she also didn’t feel Sua’s heart drop as a wave of insecurity blanketed over her. Jiu started nibbling at her food as Sua started scooting further and further away from Jiu. Each time she moved away and looked back at Jiu her heart broke at the sight of her soulmate not noticing her at all.

Jiu looked down at her hand and noticed that there was a drawing on her finger and a little message by Sua as it ran down from the side of her palm as it trailed along the lines of her exposed vein on her forearm. Cheer up, my Pink Princess, your smile always brightens my days, so hopefully my message can brighten up yours too. Jiu looked around as she couldn’t find Sua sitting beside her anymore but only her retreating figure that was a little too far away for her comfort. She started running after Sua until she caught up to her and noticed a page in her notebook that read out.

I'm at war with the world and they

Try to pull me into the dark

I struggle to find my faith

As I'm slippin' from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake

And my strength is fading fast

Jiu widened her eyes at the lyrics as she knew that’s how Sua was feeling at the time. She pulled the insecure girl closer and sung a better verse of the song.

In the dark

I can feel you in my sleep

In your arms I feel you breathe into me

Forever hold this heart that I will give to you

Forever I will live for you.” Jiu muzzled her head into Sua’s as she felt Sua’s hold Jiu’s arms.

“I love you too, Jiu.” Sua whispered out before leaving Jiu’s grasp as they remembered that they were out in the public where society still doesn’t see the same- relationships the same. When Jiu heard Sua’s words and just blushed as she just nodded her head and walked beside Sua back home.

Present

Yoohyeon noticed Jiu’s distressed state as she looked over at the couple who finished kissing and was just talking about anything really as their hands were linked together. Yoohyeon watched Siyeon slowly calm down before focusing her attention on Jiu. She brought her down onto one of the benches and wanted to talk to her about anything. She didn’t like what Jiu was feeling nor did she want such a happy moment be ruined by whatever happened between her soulmate a couple years ago.

“So… Sua’s your soulmate huh?” Yoohyeon attempted to break the ice as Jiu only hummed in response. “How did you know that she was your soulmate?” Yoohyeon questioned hoping that Sua wasn’t her soulmate so Jiu wouldn’t be this hurt over it. It also provided her some hope in becoming Jiu’s lover or something like that.

“Soulmates have a marking that’s unique to themselves. No one can see it and as you get closer you begin to feel what they feel. It's like sharing your emotions all at once and you just know what to do in order to make them feel better.” Jiu explained as she rubbed her left ring finger as it was the only thing that gave her so much love and hurt at the same time. Yoohyeon noticed Jiu’s subconscious action and she asked.

“Why are you rubbing your ring finger?” Jiu looked up at Yoohyeon and just smiled with a pained expression.

“You can’t see anything on my finger, can’t you?” Jiu showed Yoohyeon her left hand and Yoohyeon nodded her head as she didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Jiu laughed a little as she began explaining. “I have a red ring right here.” She outlined the ring that was on her left ring finger. “I’ve been seeing it ever since I met Sua and I can also see Sua’s. She is the same as we both panicked as our parents told us about it.” Jiu finished as her eyes were looking fondly at her hand.

Yoohyeon was surprised at the information which made her remember her junior high year where she noticed a claw marks on the girl’s back but no one else seemed to have noticed it. She felt like she was going crazy until she noticed that she had it too once she was out of her shower. She shook her head and hoped that she didn’t run into her soulmate just yet.

In-Kwon came in the room with Sua and Siyeon as he told the girl’s that they wanted to go see which of the members would go in which position. All the girl’s said yes and started following him towards a room that had two wall mirrors while one of the walls had nothing as the other wall had graffiti that wasn’t too bad. The flooring was perfect for dancing as In-Kwon showed the girls what equipment was what as well as they were free to practice anything on their spare time.

“Okay, let’s start with vocals, shall we?” In-Kwon reported as Jiu caught Siyeon looking at Sua and raised her eyebrows as a silent conversation to themselves. Sua smiled and it progressed into a laugh while she nodded her head. Siyeon put up her hand and began.

“I want to do a duet with Sua here.” She pointed to Sua as Sua shook her head at Siyeon’s pumped up nature. In-Kwon agreed as Siyeon pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her songs. “I’m sorry, my Suaifey, we’re going to have to sing in English.” Siyeon stated which made Sua pout a little bit. “Okay, we are all good. I found the perfect song.” To make sure you stay away from Sua, Jiu. Siyeon thought as the music started. Siyeon started as she remembered that Sua loved to rap more than singing.

“You are all that I need

Nothing you could do could stop me lovin' you

Just please stay with me

I live for you and I'd die for you

You are all that I need

I know you're bad, but I can't stay mad

I'm down on my knees

I'd die for you, if you asked me to” Siyeon finished as she looked over at Sua who was ready for her turn.

“Heya pretty lady!

I can see you're kinda shy

I got something for ya

Some come give me a try

My lovin ain't addictive

Don't let it go to waste

I won't get you hooked

If you only have a taste

We'll ride into the sunset

And then I'll kiss your lips

Come and find me, baby

And I will be your fix.” Sua rapped as she looked tenderly at Siyeon while Siyeon took off her jacket which showed off her crop top. Yoohyeon gasped as she looked into the mirror where Siyeon’s back was exposed and found the same markings as she did the first time.

“What’s wrong?” Jiu questioned as she noticed Yoohyeon’s surprise. Yoohyeon pointed to the jagged long line that ran from Siyeon’s crop top to her hip. Jiu looked at where Yoohyeon was pointing at and furrowed her eyebrows as she couldn’t notice anything at all. “I see nothing there, Yoohyeon are you sure you’re seeing.... Something?” Jiu slowly said as she came to the conclusion already. “No.” Jiu looked between Siyeon and Yoohyeon as well as Sua who didn’t finish the song and just stayed quiet because she knew what the other rap part meant in the song and it also might signify their current relationship. Siyeon finished paused the song and In-Kwon just wrote some things down then proceeded to ask the other members to sing something. Yoohyeon went up to Siyeon and grabbed her hand as she dragged her out of the room. Sua watched that little action as she raised her eyebrow at her girlfriend leaving. Jiu watched the interaction with too many questions going through her mind. She then looked at Sua who had a plain cold face on her expression. She remembered what happened earlier as she did kiss Sua but when she pulled away, she still couldn’t feel what Sua was feeling.

Flashback

“Why can’t I feel any of your emotions?” Jiu questioned as she caressed Sua’s cheek. Her heart was beating loudly as her face was flushed when she took in the details of Sua’s growth. Sua only looked at her with a distant look.

“It’s because you willingly let me go and accepted the fact that we weren’t meant to be together just yet. That connection we are supposed to share has been scratched at too many times to count. It’s so weak that we are possibly on the verge of not being soulmates anymore.” Sua explained as she slipped away from Jiu and started walking back to the room.

Present

Jiu’s heart clenched at the Sua’s words as she didn’t want to lose Sua once again however she didn’t know how to repair something she had broken without dealing with the aftermath of the consequences.

Yoohyeon pulled Siyeon to a place where there wouldn’t be any prying eyes. She looked at Siyeon whose gaze was one not too impressed of what Yoohyeon just pulled.

“Is there a reason why you dragged me here? Is it another lecture about your crush on Jiu? Are you going to tell me to listen to her side of the story? Are you-” Siyeon was interrupted by Yoohyeon who shouted out.

“Shut up! You just listen to me alright?” Yoohyeon started as she really wanted to give Siyeon the news before anything also happened. “Do you have claw marks on your back?” Yoohyeon questioned as Siyeon shrugged as she has seen them before, but she thought it was her mind playing tricks on her again. Showing her, telling her, engraving her that she will forever be broken. “Can you please just answer my question?” Yoohyeon pleaded as she really wanted to get some answers from Siyeon without pissing her off too much.

“I have but it isn’t any of your business.” Siyeon said as she didn’t want to remember the girl who thought about almost everything negatively until Sua came into her life and it just slowly dimmed down. Maybe Sua you are my fix. Siyeon thought as Yoohyeon started talking.

“It is my business and it affects me as well.” She started which made Siyeon narrow her eyes towards Yoohyeon who looked like she was about to break. “You don’t know how crazy this is. This makes everything so much more complicated than it already is.” Yoohyeon said as she thought back to the huge mess that was about to be created.

“What is this all about, Yoohyeon? I don’t have all the time here.” Siyeon said impatiently as she wanted to be back at Sua’s side.

“I have the exact same claw marks on my back too,” Yoohyeon said as she turned around and pulled her shirt up to show Siyeon. Siyeon’s eyes went wide as she saw Yoohyeon’s markings, her footing lost balanced and she had to take a step back to keep herself standing.

“No…,” Siyeon whispered as she couldn’t believe what was happening in front of her. “This has to be a mistake.” Siyeon tried to wrap her head around the fact that Yoohyeon was her soulmate, which explained how much the girl affected her, but she also remembered the pain that she went through because of her.

“I know that this is a shock to you and believe me that it’s a shock to me as well, but let’s try it out and see if we truly are soulmates.” Siyeon glared at Yoohyeon and the words left without even thinking about it.

“I, Lee Siyeon, reject you Kim Yoohyeon, as my soulmate.” With that Siyeon left a mouth gaping Yoohyeon all alone to process the rejection as both their hearts were hurting from Siyeon’s words. Yoohyeon couldn’t believe what was happening to her as tears fell from her eyes.

“She doesn’t care about me anymore.” Yoohyeon whimpered out as her legs became weak and buckled right from under her. Causing her to fall on the ground. Siyeon had a stream of tears falling from her eyes as she started remembering the rejection, she had just given to her first love. When she found a secluded space to cry alone, she felt Yoohyeon’s despair as well as the pain in her knees.

“Just what have I done?” Siyeon whispered to herself as she let the tears fall freely into the dark hallway.