Reunion

Derailed from the Original Path

Siyeon sighed for what felt like the millionth time since she came into the cafe. As she was thinking about all kinds of outcomes to help her first love out, she really didn't want to play matchmaker. She pinched the bridge of her nose to stop the upcoming headache that wouldn't do her much good in this situation.

“Let's go through this again, shall we?” Siyeon said as she wanted Yoohyeon to know how crazy she sounds. Yoohyeon nodded at her ex-best friend’s words. “You met her when she was in university but didn't get close to her as she was always looking off in the distance and stuff.” Yoohyeon nodded as she was immersed into the memory of her being with her friends but wasn't really with them.

“She always had this distant look as if she was going through a hardship or something.” Yoohyeon told her as she remembered the time where she saw her once again under a tree as she was looking up at the sky. She wanted to know the reason why the girl was acting so different with everyone. It was as if she couldn't really be herself in front of everyone, like something was holding her back.

“I see, did you perhaps tried to be friends with her?” Yoohyeon shook her head as she didn't want to be included in the fake act of hers. “Did you ever get close to her?” Yoohyeon shook her head once again as she recalled herself seeing the girl but never making contact. “So, after university you happened to meet her again at dance practice?” Siyeon said as she was convinced that Yoohyeon was just curious about the girl instead of actually crushing on her. Yoohyeon smiled a little bit as she nodded her head.

“Yeah, when I entered the room, my eyes landed on her and all I could think about was how pretty she became after university.” Siyeon didn't know how to react to such information as she was getting so many mixed feelings about the girl.

“Is this the part where you tell me that she's your soulmate?” Siyeon questioned as she wasn't ready to meet her soulmate. She didn't want to lose the relationship that she finally obtained with Sua. She loved her with all her heart and didn’t want anything to change that. Her heart clenched at the fact that her soulmate was out there probably looking for her and when they do meet what happens then? Would she leave Sua just, so she could get to know them? Siyeon clenched her fists as she was getting irritated at the fact that she wasn't Sua’s soulmate. Why, world, must you be so cruel? I have feelings for Sua and yet we aren't destined to be. I don't want to hurt her and yet you remind her each and every day with the fact that this relationship might not last forever. Siyeon thought as her heart broke at the small image of Sua being all alone again as her dark thoughts started taking her and bringing her into their world of misery.

Yoohyeon noticed that something was wrong with Siyeon and placed her hand against Siyeon's. When she grasped it, she tightened her hold knowing that when Siyeon was overthinking things she tended to hurt herself by pinching the back of her hand. Siyeon noticed the little gesture that Yoohyeon did and just smiled at her.

“Hey, you want to talk about it?” She said as Siyeon just looked at her with despair in her eyes. That look was the look that Yoohyeon hadn't seen before, so she didn't know how to deal with it.

“If I tell you, you'll run away like you did the last time.” Siyeon said it quietly as she was about to cry at the fact that she might end up like her first love and leave her because things would be too awkward for them to be friends again. Yoohyeon felt hurt knowing that after 7 years their relationship was no more than mere acquaintances.

“I didn't mean to lose contact with you I swear, Singnie.”

“Don't make excuses, Yoohyeon, just... don't.” Siyeon said as her voice was breaking and her mind was muddled with the memories of their friendship falling apart. The blame she had placed upon herself as she felt alone and shackled. The labels that she struggled to get out of but only for it to be thrown in her face as she was reminded each day of what she had lost.

Siyeon wrapped her arms around herself as if she would be protected from the thoughts that were creeping into her. Latching into her mind. Locking them in as if they were the permanent solution to her situation. Spreading its disease throughout her body as it infects her to the point that nothing good would ever help her.

Yoohyeon watched as Siyeon changed right in front of her and her heart ached as the person who was now sitting before her. This wasn't the person she called her best friend. The Siyeon she knew was funny, wild, spontaneous, cute at the weirdest times and always lit the room with her presence. Yoohyeon couldn't believe that Siyeon would change so much in 7 years. With that thought, she began to wonder what she went through those past 7 years as Yoohyeon basically broke all form of contact with her after junior high.

“S-Siyeon?” She spoke with fear laced in it. She feared of what the person in front of her was capable of. Siyeon looked at her and she froze in her spot in fear that it was enough to have chills running down her spine while her mind told her to run. The look on Siyeon's face wasn't a look that told people they were welcomed but one of prey with the intent to kill. Yoohyeon swallowed the lump in as she tried to form her words to talk to Siyeon, however nothing came out. Formless sentences hung in the air as it quickly left Yoohyeon. To say that she was terrified of the girl would be an understatement.

Siyeon's phone started ringing and Yoohyeon felt relieved that the person who had the guts to call her had to take her immensely cold personality. Siyeon looked at the caller ID with the intent to yell at them but it quickly disappeared when it said 'My Suaifey’. Siyeon excused herself as she went to pick up the phone.

“Do you have the sixth sense or something, love?” Siyeon questioned as she felt herself smiling at the thought of Sua's presence on the other side of the phone line. Sua just laughed through the phone and Siyeon knew that Sua was shaking her head at her comment.

“No, I don't have the sixth sense, babe, and you also know that I hate ghosts, right? So, don't make me scared of something I can't see while I'm preparing dinner.” Sua said as Siyeon heard some clattering in the background.

“I'm sorry, babe. I'll make it up to you when I get home.” Siyeon replied as she felt herself slowly becoming better and not full of negative thoughts.

Sua is her rock and she is hers. They complimented each other to the point that they only needed each other to live. They didn't need anyone else to try and ruin it.

“I love you, my Sua.” Siyeon continued as she only heard chopping indicating that Sua was concentrating on something else.

“I know, my Siyeonssi. I know so you want to tell me what's bugging you or am I going to have to ignore you until you tell me.” Sua replied with a little bit of teasing in her voice, however she knew that something was bugging Siyeon from the moment she picked up the phone. She heard the distant tone in Siyeon's voice and knew that her meet up with her friend seemed to have brought unnecessary demons into her mind.

Siyeon wasn't surprised that Sua asked her that question and just smiled at the thought of Sua caring about her well-being. Her heart swelled knowing that Sua would always be by her side, but she couldn't say the same for herself. Her fears were much more deeply rooted than Sua’s. Siyeon gripped her phone as she felt her fears crawling up on her and the thoughts started swirling around in her head. Taunting her with the fact that she'll never get rid of them. Laughing at her as they echo throughout her head.

“Please, don't ever leave me, my Sua.” Siyeon pleaded as her voice was cracking indicating that she was on the verge of crying.

“I'll never leave you, my little wolf. You know that I'll be by your side no matter. Remember our promise be it a disaster or life-threatening situation you'll never tear me away from you.” Sua cooed from the other side hoping that her words were getting through to Siyeon. Sua purposely used her nickname in hopes that Siyeon could get through it as wolves are usually stronger together than alone.

“What happens if I do something so terrible that you tell me that you wished that you never met me?” Siyeon had her hand clutched at her shirt where her heart laid beneath the layer of clothing, flesh, and bone. Her heart hurt at the thought of saying everything that was on her mind.

“I'll never regret meeting you, my little wolf because without you I don't think I'll be the person I am today. I think I'll still be that lost little girl you dragged into the bathroom 7 years ago.” Sua laughed at the recollection of them meeting. It was a weird way to make friends, but it was all worth it.” Siyeon was smiling at Sua's honest attempt in calming her down which was working since Sua loved to tell Siyeon her flaws to make her happy. Sua kept talking to Siyeon to keep her mind off of things that happened recently but what Siyeon didn't notice was Yoohyeon listening in on their conversation well more like Siyeon's part of the conversation. She grew jealous that one person could change Siyeon's demeanor. She listened to their entire conversation until the end before going back to their table. When Siyeon came back she was all happy again as something stirred within Yoohyeon knowing she wasn’t the reason for that smile.  

“So, what were we talking about again?” Siyeon said as she laughed remembering how Sua tried to say mango in English. Is it cheesy to tell Sua that I fall more in love with her each time I see her, talk to her, or even say her name? Siyeon thought for a bit before returning her focus back at her 'friend’. Yoohyeon smiled with a little bit of force as she already started dislike on the person who could make Siyeon laugh without any effort.

“We were talking about soulmates.” Siyeon's smile faltered and Yoohyeon noticed it as a fake smile appeared on her face. Looks like the person isn't Siyeon's destined being. Serves her right for taking her away from me. Wait! What! Yoohyeon pushed the thought away from her mind as she waited for Siyeon's response.

Siyeon had to take a deep breath as she remembered the good times, she had with Sua which was working. She looked at Yoohyeon in the eyes and responded.

“Right the soulmate topic. Is she your soulmate?” Siyeon’s voice was cold and harsh. She hated the soulmate, destiny, forever or anything related to it. She was, no, is very happy with Sua and she didn't want to meet her soulmate until at least before her death. She almost went into overtime thinking until Yoohyeon shook her head and responded.

“Unfortunately, no, she's not my soulmate, but something about her makes me want to reach out to her and just be with her,, you know” Yoohyeon emphasized the be to prove her point hoping Siyeon would understand what she meant, and she did.

“I know that feeling all too well,” Siyeon said as she remembered her first-time laying eyes on Sua at the high school.

 

Flashback

Siyeon was nervous as she walked into the classroom as it was her first day of high school. A place where no one knew her. A place where she had to start fresh. A place she didn't really want to enjoy alone. A place where she had to walk the path alone since no one else seemed to know her. She took a deep breath to try and calm her heartbeat from breaking her chest open. It’s going to be okay. Just have to go through these three years of high school without falling for someone. That way I don’t have to get hurt once again by the people who I thought would be my friends no matter what happens to me. I guess I was wrong. Siyeon thought as she sat at an empty desk and waited for the other students to come in.

She watched as the other nervous students file into the classroom. There was some awkward chatting around as well as happy laughter as students rejoice of having each other for homeroom.

As the school day went by Siyeon was tired with chatting with other people to get to know them. None of them seemed to catch her eye that was until she ran into a student when turning a corner.

“I’m s-sorry.” The girl said softly enough that Siyeon almost didn’t hear it. She looked at the girl and saw how small she was. She looked down and began grabbing her books that fell from the crash.

Siyeon just watched the girl pick up her stuff as she hurried to get out of the girl’s way. She simply bowed when she finished picking up her stuff and left. She left Siyeon behind, which left the girl wondering about all kinds of things.

Though Siyeon told herself not to get involved with people anymore she couldn’t help the fact that the girl who bumped into her wasn’t quite like the others. She shook her head to prevent the thought of accepting someone into her life again from sinking into her mind. With that Siyeon went back to her classroom. She walked in and was greeted with the sight of people surrounding her desk. She let out a sigh knowing that people only wanted to have more friends. It was then she noticed a small figure hunched over a desk and realized that it was the same person who bumped into her.

Strange, why isn’t she hanging out with her own set of friends? Siyeon thought as she made her way to her desk where she was bombarded with questions about most of her life. Siyeon kept glancing at the girl but no one bothered to talk to her the rest of the school day.

The very next day nothing changed with the small girl and Siyeon thought that the girl had her life very easy seeing as no one was prying into her life like hers. She wished that she could switch places with the small girl however she knew that it was all just wishful thinking.

Siyeon continued to observe the girl as she paid close attention to what she was doing most of the time. She found out that the girl was really caring towards others. She would give people back their stuff that they dropped or let others go first through the doors instead of herself. Siyeon couldn’t keep her eyes off of her as the days continued to pass.

It was almost 3 months into the new school year and Siyeon didn’t want to go to her room yet. She didn’t want to deal with her overly cheery roommate who seems obsessed with pretty things. In order to avoid the girl Siyeon took a walk around the dorm since it had mostly everything to enjoy themselves with. It was until Siyeon passed by a room where she heard faint singing.

Siyeon walked back to the room only to see the same girl playing the piano as she finished singing who knows what. The girl started playing again and this time Siyeon focused on the girl’s voice and the lyrics to the song.

"I dreamed a beautiful dream,
you were there as well as I.
It doesn't seem like a dream
even it's over.

I miss you caress my hand as you watch me while I sleep.
Your melody still remains in this room and it rings:

Star-la lah-la la la, la la la lah,
love you always deeply,
genuinely, immensely,
steadily with all my heart.
Be strong and all will be alright.
You are the aria itself,

shine out!
shine out!

I remember you from dream,
playing my favorite song for me.
Your melody becomes a part of my whole world.

Stel-la lah-la la la, la la lah,
love you too always deeply,
genuinely, immensely,
steadily with all my heart.

I'll be strong, and all will be fine.
I'll be strong, and all will be fine."

When she finished, she was crying as she tried wiping her tears away. I guess that song she sang meant something to her. Siyeon thought as the girl was still crying. I wonder who it is she is singing it too. Siyeon left the room before the girl noticed her and all she could think about was how lovely the girl sounded and how hurt she felt as she wished someone could be by her side to soothe whatever pain she was currently in.

The next day, Siyeon was chatting with her ‘friends’ who were chatting about their day until she noticed the girl enter the classroom with a look of determination, however, all of that fell in a couple seconds as she began to tear up. Siyeon pushed her friends away without any second thoughts and rushed to the girl who was about to bawl her eyes out.

Present

Siyeon smiled at the thought of Sua’s singing voice but as she recalled back to the memory of her discovering her singing talent, she frowned at the fact that Sua was singing the song towards her soulmate, Kim Jiu. A song filled with the intent of loving her from beyond the grave.

Yoohyeon cleared to get Siyeon out of her daze from whatever she was thinking about.

“So, can you help me?” She asked nicely knowing that she might piss off her ex-best friend. She still hadn’t recovered from Siyeon’s glare and she didn’t want to ever be on the receiving end of it ever again.

“Sure, I’ll help you become closer with her but only as friends since I don’t know if you actually have feelings for her since you don’t know the girl.” Siyeon said as she took a sip of her tea. Yoohyeon smiled at the fact that Siyeon was helping her. “By the way what is her name?” Siyeon asked out of curiosity because she could ask for other’s help and she also wanted to know the girl that might have nabbed Yoohyeon’s heart while she couldn’t back when they were 15.

“Her name is Kim Jiu.” Siyeon stopped drinking her tea and froze at the name she heard. I hope it’s not the person I think it is. Siyeon gulped as she was shaking in fear of what might the answer comes next.

“Is she our age?” Yoohyeon nodded her head and Siyeon needed to confirm once more. “Did she nickname herself as Pink Princess Jiu.” Yoohyeon nodded again as she smiled at the way Jiu announced herself on their first day of dance class, however, she found it odd that Siyeon knew that.

“Do you know her, Singnie?” Yoohyeon questioned hoping that it wasn’t Jiu on the other end of Siyeon’s phone call. She didn’t want to give her what was going to be hers to someone who is practically giving off a murderous aura when asking about a touchy subject.

“No, I heard of her, but I never met her nor talked to her. My girlfriend knew her though.” Siyeon slipped up and she immediately regretted saying the last sentence as she didn’t want Sua to go through the pain of seeing her soulmate again. Yoohyeon, on the other hand looked at Siyeon in disbelief.

“Your girlfriend knows Kim Jiu?” Yoohyeon simply said as she couldn't believe that the person who has Siyeon also knew her crush. No, Singnie said that she knew her. That must mean that they don't talk anymore. Maybe something happened between them that made them lose contact with each other. It's the only explanation for Singnie to look hurt with a bit of anger when I mentioned her name.

“Yes, she knew her, but she can't help you win Kim Jiu’s heart. I won't allow it.” Siyeon said her name as it left a bitter taste in . Yoohyeon looked at Siyeon with wide eyes when she heard the possessiveness when it came to her girlfriend. She was about to retort when she saw the girl glare at her. “I don't know if I'll be able to help but I'm not involving my girlfriend in this. This,” Siyeon pointed between them, “Stays between us and only us. Don't get her involved or else I'm cutting ties with you whatsoever.” The threat was filled with malice as the thought of her helping Yoohyeon become closer to Kim Jiu may potentially hurt Sua in the process. Word usually gets around fast and besides Sua knows what might be up with Siyeon since they have known each other for a while now.

Yoohyeon nodded at Siyeon's statement not wanting to see what Siyeon's wrath might come to. Siyeon saw Yoohyeon agree to her terms and said her goodbyes.

She was on the way home as her mind was swimming with so much thought that she didn't even notice that her feet were in front of her and Sua's apartment. If I tell her would she go running to her? If I tell her would she break down and cry? If I tell her would she forget about me and leave me behind like my parents and friends? Would she break her promise just, so she could be with her soulmate? If I don't tell her what would happen? Would she find out some way or another? Would she grow to hate me after that? What would I do if she leaves me? I can't lose her, not over something like this. Okay, Siyeon, you can do this you are Sua's little wolf just come out and say that you know someone who has seen Kim Jiu and then you'll deal with the aftermath later. Siyeon mentally prepared herself as she unlocked her apartment door and was immediately greeted with the smaller girl’s cooking. Siyeon smiled to herself as she was grateful for having her once again in her life. She’ll always be grateful to her knowing that she never once broke her promise with her.

She entered the kitchen to see Sua testing out the food before nodding her head, in recognition that the food was delicious or just editable. It was a hit or miss when Sua was trying out something new to cook but Siyeon didn't care about the taste at all. While Siyeon was admiring the beauty that was in front of her Sua started singing as she waited for the food to fully cook.

I played lots of songs for you

As many as there are stars

I wish I could do more

Although I'm the grains of sand that slips through your hands

I swear by all the stars above I have never forgotten you

Nothing can take the place of loving you

Nevertheless, all I can do is wish you happiness

Promise me

You’ll not come back to me” Siyeon interrupted Sua's singing session as she didn't want to hear the other half of the song.

“I'm home!” She shouted a bit, making the girl startled as she turned around.

“Ya! Siyeonssi, you almost gave me a heart attack.” She placed a hand over her chest to add the dramatic effect. Siyeon laughed as she loved scaring her girlfriend, however her smile went away as she remembered why she interrupted her.

“I… have to tell you something, ...Sua.” Siyeon said as she felt herself become nervous from what she was about to reveal to her. Sua noticed that Siyeon was not her usual self and turned off the stove to put her full attention to Siyeon.

“What's wrong, Siyeon?” Sua said in a soft voice as she walked up to her while placing a hand on Siyeon's cheek. Siyeon leaned against Sua's soft warm hands and began savoring the feeling in case this would be the last time she ever touched Sua again. Siyeon lifted her own hand and clasped it over Sua's hand that was free, intertwining them as to her they felt perfect in each other's grasp.

“I'm scared you might leave me when I tell you this.” Siyeon wanted to sound strong but her words were laced with fear, sadness, and insecurity. Sua heard each word dripped with doubt and it hurt her knowing that Siyeon couldn't trust her at the moment. She could only watch as Siyeon slowly gathered courage to tell her about what was eating at her alive.

“I'm not going anywhere, Siyeonssi. I'm right here with you forever.” Sua reassured her while giving her the little nudge in the right direction. Siyeon only nodded her head as she just wanted to get it over with.

“I'm helping my friend become friends with your soulmate.” Siyeon closed her eyes hoping that this whole situation was a dream and that she would wake up soon.

Sua was in a whirlwind of emotions at the moment. She was perfectly content with her life with Siyeon and yet she was faced with a fact that had been constantly bothering her this whole time. She was fine without Jiu and yet her heart still reached out for her. It longed for her but now it had a small longing for Siyeon as well. She didn't know what to do however she remembered who it was who ended things. She remembered how Siyeon told her that if she truly wanted to see her again then she would have already. She didn't want to wait for someone who didn't want to see her, so she made up her mind.

“Siyeon,” she started but the girl didn't look at her. Sua pulled her closer as she let go of Siyeon's hand and circled it around her waist. Their bodies were so close that their fronts were touching and Sua needed Siyeon to know that she didn't care about her soulmate. She cared about Siyeon more than ever and she wasn't ready to see Jiu not just yet. “I like you. I really really like you. You hold part of my heart already and you have no idea how confusing this is.” Sua breathed out but she still didn't get a response from the girl. She grew a little frustrated knowing that Siyeon let insecurity ruin a good cheesy Kdrama worthy line. So, she did what was taken from her before all of this happened.

She kissed her. She kissed Siyeon, but it wasn't sweet or innocent. It was like kissing a very soft wall who wasn't reacting to her. Sua pouted knowing that Siyeon's mind was winning more than her. Sua huffed and dragged Siyeon to the bathroom and dumped cold water onto her head which worked. Siyeon looked at her and noticed that she was cold and wet. It made her a bit irritated but when she looked at Sua all that irritation was gone. Sua didn't look impressed more like she was angry with her.

“I choose you, my little wolf.” Sua almost yelled at her but calmed herself as she knew that Siyeon couldn't help but feel this way. “I'm not going to leave you just because you found my soulmate. Just like you said if she wants to come back, she can do it herself. I've changed for the better. I'm not that girl who's going to run back to her soulmate. There was a reason why I stayed at the high school and it was for you. I wanted to be with you more than her. If you can't see that then I'm going out to let you cool your head and think things through.” Sua let out a frustrated sigh as she took off her apron and started walking out the door. Siyeon scrambled to her feet to run after Sua. She knew that she was at fault for fearing the worst, but she couldn't help it when Sua was involved. Sua was almost out the door when Siyeon grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug.

“I’m sorry, Sua, you make me think about things that I don’t ever want to lose again. You make me whole and being with you makes my whole world spin. I only fear that Jiu might come between us if she learns that I know where you are.” Siyeon reasoned with Sua who was thrashing around in her arms.

“Let go, you don’t know what you are saying at the moment. I know you are looking out for me but at least trust me enough to know that I’m never going to leave you okay?” Sua said as her voice was breaking at the fact that Siyeon didn’t trust her enough even when she had proven herself repeatedly.

“I know, my Suaifey, I know and I’m sorry for putting you through it,” Siyeon said as she gently rocked both their bodies while she kissed Sua’s head from time to time. “We’re wolves after all. We are stronger together than we are apart.” Sua only nodded and she held Siyeon’s arms close to her for comfort. This was different from the last time Sua left her girlfriend. This time Siyeon chased after her and she knew that Siyeon and Jiu were very different people. If Jiu is my sun, then Siyeon is going to be my wolf. Always by my side, as she stays up with me during the night, where I shine brightest. Sua thought as she sighed in content which let Siyeon know that she was forgiven. “I love you, my Suaifey.” Sua just laughed at her nickname.

“Just because I use my name in my words doesn’t mean you have to do it too.”

“I do it because I want everyone to know that you are mine, my Suaifey.” Siyeon pouted as she made a cute hmph sound.

“Okay okay you little wolf pup, you can do as you please with my name.” Sua just laughed as Siyeon kept on doing her own cute noises as they kept talking.

Months passed since their slight fight and they were still growing strong. Sua still couldn’t say that she was in love with Siyeon, but she knew that she did see her in a romantic kind of way. Siyeon helped Yoohyeon in trying to be friends with Jiu but all Yoohyeon got was the same treatment she got from everyone else. There was a wall built up around Jiu so Yoohyeon explained to Siyeon and she didn’t know what to do next to help her. She just told Yoohyeon that she’ll open up someday and that it takes time to trust someone with a heavy secret. As time passed by it already came to three years since Yoohyeon started breaking down Jiu’s walls and Sua never asked about her and Siyeon was thankful for that.

Those three years were precious to her until the they got into a girl group called Dreamcatcher. They were all supposed to meet at XXX location at 12:00 p.m. however Sua was running late as she forgot to bring her papers that she needed to bring to Happy Face Entertainment. So, she ran back to the apartment without Siyeon to go grab them even though they lived about a half an hour away from the place Sua didn’t want to make Siyeon late to their first meeting. It’ll be a bad example for the both of them.

Siyeon arrived at the studio 10 minutes early however she was worried for Sua as she left to go grab her papers to enter the studio. She saw some people walk in but didn’t bother looking at them as she stared at the entrance of the door hoping that Sua wasn’t going to be late. She didn’t notice Yoohyeon sit beside her and tried to grab her attention. That was until she flicked the girl hard enough to make the place turn red immediately.

“Hey, what was that for?” Siyeon looked at the culprit and noticed that Yoohyeon was looking at her with her eyebrow arched.

“I’ve been calling you for the past several minutes but apparently that door is awaiting your company rather than mine.” Siyeon stared at Yoohyeon then it finally clicked.

“What are you doing here, Yoohyeon?” She said as she was in disbelief that it was hardly a coincidence that they were in the same studio at the same time.

“I’ve been accepted to be part of a girl group called Dreamcatcher! Isn’t that exciting!” Yoohyeon squealed at her chance of being an idol. Siyeon smiled at her as she remembered being accepted for the same thing as well.

“Oh, me too.” Siyeon deadpanned as she said it with no emotion as well. More like her recalling why she was there for. Yoohyeon’s mouth dropped at that fact and was beyond being happy as she could try and mend their friendship again that she had once damaged.

“We are going to be co-idols and all you can say is me too! Come on I know it was your dream to become a singer shouldn’t you be excited for this?” Yoohyeon said as she recollected a memory that they both shared when they were young about their dream jobs.

“I would be happy at the moment, but my girlfriend might be making a bad impression if she doesn’t come through those doors in 2 minutes.” Siyeon huffed as there was still no sign of Sua. Yoohyeon froze for a moment when she heard Siyeon say girlfriend. In all the three years Siyeon never talked about her no matter what Yoohyeon suggested and she never seen her before as Siyeon said in her words.

“She is really nice and I’m not ready for you to manipulate her into getting ways on being having your crush open up to you. I’m not letting you or anyone else take advantage of her. She’s been through enough and so have I, so excuse me for not wanting anything else hurt her. Not now, not ever.” Yoohyeon shivered at Siyeon’s menacing statement and tried to stay on Siyeon’s good side. Yoohyeon directed the conversation to something else until they were called in to a meeting room. There were four other girls and Yoohyeon’s smile became apparent as she saw Jiu there. She was looking around the room as well until her eyes landed on Yoohyeon and she gave her a smile. Siyeon was still waiting for Sua to show up but she knew that it was too late since the meeting was starting.

“Hello ladies, and welcome to Happy Face Entertainment. I’m honored that you girls have chosen this company to fulfill your dreams. Now, as you all must know you girls are going to be in a girl group called Dreamcatcher so let’s introduce ourselves, so we become a family instead of strangers. I’ll go first, and we’ll just go from there. I’m In-Kwon and I’ll be your manager through your journey as Dreamcatcher.” He said as everyone lightly clapped at his introduction and them everything became quiet as no one wanted to introduce themselves first. Siyeon being her outgoing self-decided to go first.

“Hello, my name is Lee Siyeon and I look forward to working with everyone.” That started the process as Yoohyeon decided to go next.

“Hello, everybody I am Kim Yoohyeon and it’s an honor to be working with you guys. Let’s enjoy our time and become really good friends.”

“Hello, my name is Handong and I just came here from China, so my Korean is a bit here and there.”

“Hello, I’m Lee Gahyeon and I’m still in high school so please treat me well.”

“I’m Lee Dami and I look forward to working together with everyone.”

“Hello, everyone I’m Kim Jiu but I like to call myself Pink Princess Jiu.” Jiu said cheerfully even though she was excited about pursuing her dreams something was holding herself back. She was a little bit happy at the fact that she knew someone at the company, which was Yoohyeon, but it wasn’t enough. She continued to smile as she pushed all the negativity away and proceeded on what was her usual attempt to be the same person she was before meeting Sua, but it was getting harder as she wore a mask everyday not to show everyone that she was quite unhappy with the discoveries she had learned in the last 10 years.

Siyeon looked at the person who introduced herself as Jiu with wide eyes. This is Sua’s soulmate! She’s really pretty and Yoohyeon doesn’t seem to be right because she looks like she really enjoys being here. I don’t see that distant look or facade she has. Maybe Yoohyeon is being delusional with somethings. Maybe it’s the gaming that caught up to her. That’s not the point Siyeon. Sua will be here any minute and then what? When they meet what would happen? I trust Sua wouldn’t run to her happily and besides she’s an adult she’ll handle herself well, but what about Jiu? Siyeon kept thinking as the manager continued.

“Hmm, it seems we are missing someone.” Siyeon broke out of her thought to say something.

“She said she’ll be running late because she forgot her papers to get into her to validate her entry and will be here in a couple minutes.” In-Kwon nodded and was about to continue until someone opened the door. It revealed a dishevel Sua as she walked into the room with pride. She was all nervous on the inside, but she didn’t show it as she walked in.

“I’m sorry that I am late I forgot my papers and had to run back for them.” Sua said it all professional and didn’t stutter. Score one for the little one. Sua joked in her head but didn’t show it on her face. Siyeon looked at Sua and then at Jiu who was looking at the person who just came in late.

Jiu looked at the late member and shook her head assuming that the girl who came in would be irresponsible. She didn’t want to deal with a problematic person and just looked at her attire. It consisted of a plain white dress shirt that was a little short so when she lifted her arms it went up with her and it revealed her toned stomach. Jiu bit her lip as she noticed that she was staring at it for far too long. Her gaze went down as she also noticed the girl was wearing really short shorts that showed off her tanned legs that had some bruising in some parts. I’m totally checking her out, you got to stop it Jiu. She scolded herself and moved her gaze to somewhere else until something caught her eye. No… it can’t be… Jiu’s eyes went wide, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Siyeon who was looking at Jiu’s reaction. Yoohyeon, on the other hand, watched the new girl and they shifted to Siyeon who was glaring at Jiu who was gazing upon the new member. What is going on here?

“Okay, so this is the last member for Dreamcatcher and she’ll just introduce herself here.” Sua looked around the room and spotted Siyeon and gave her a smile at her before talking. She moved her left hand to move the hair that was moving in front of her face. Jiu looked at the left hand and hoped that it wasn’t what she was seeing, however the small movement made sure of everything as she noticed that no one commented on it. She looked at her left hand and back at the new girl’s left hand. It was the sign of the soulmates. Jiu opened in disbelief as she couldn’t process what was happening at all.

“Hello, everyone, I’m sorry for my lateness, I won’t give you any excuses for my lateness because I am at fault for them and I will answer them later. My name is Kim-” Sua was cut off by Jiu.

“Sua?” She said it loudly enough for all the members to look at her and Sua froze in her spot. Please tell me that it isn’t true. She looked at the girl and also noticed her left hand. You can wake me up now please. There it was glaring at her the red ring on the left hand and she trailed her gaze up to Jiu and her heart stopped for a second as she gasped in shock.

“Jiu… Unnie.” Sua looked at Jiu as she didn't want to see Jiu so soon. Siyeon watched the pair and gritted her teeth. World you have some twisted sense of humor. She thought as she was about to walk up to Sua to help her from her shock but Yoohyeon stopped her and had to ask.

“Is Jiu the reason why you wouldn’t let me see your girlfriend?”

“Yes, she is. She hurt her in ways that I can barely repair the damage.” Siyeon said as she felt the dislike for Jiu slowly appear before her eyes.

“You don’t think that Jiu is hurting as well. I’ve seen her cry at times where no one was looking and believe me when I say this. Jiu isn’t a bad person and how are you so sure that your girlfriend wasn’t the one who hurt Jiu instead the other way around?” Yoohyeon stated as she was getting angry at the fact that Siyeon was accusing Jiu of something that might have happened really bad.

“Because, you don’t hurt your soulmate at all, however you think Jiu isn’t a bad person? Jiu is Sua’s soulmate and she hurt her enough for my Sua to attempt suicide on their one-year anniversary of them breaking up!” Siyeon shouted at Yoohyeon completely forgetting there were others in the room. Yoohyeon’s mouth dropped at the fact that Sua was Jiu’s soulmate. Jiu heard Siyeon’s shout and looked at Sua who looked at her with a heartbreaking expression. Everyone gasped at the sudden information and the manager coughed and just said.

“When I said get closer to family, I didn’t mean to get this close in a couple minutes.”