Danger

Derailed from the Original Path

Jiu was walking back to the dorms with Sua still sleeping though as much as she wanted to princess carry her, she wasn’t strong enough. So, she went with the better choice which was a piggyback ride. She walked slowly while keeping a tight grasp on Sua’s legs. She could pick up the pace, but she wanted to peacefully bask in the moment before it gets ruined by anything. She disregarded the whispers that were swirling around her knowing that if she let them get to her, she will never be able to reach the dorm without waking Sua.

She finally arrived at the dorm building and found Siyeon pacing away with something on her mind. Yoohyeon wasn’t with her which means that something happened to the soulmates again. Jiu sighed as she wished that Siyeon wasn’t so difficult to deal with. Why must she be so against the bond? Sua is right at my side where she belongs. Jiu tilted her head a bit to touch Sua’s head to reassure herself. I can’t bear to lose you again. Jiu thought as she steeled her heart knowing that Siyeon might separate them soon upon arrival.

Siyeon was mumbling to herself as Jiu slowly approached. Siyeon looked at the incoming disturbance to her thought process and found Sua sleeping while Jiu carried her. Envy invaded her body and made a cozy home in her mind, body, heart, and soul. She glared at Jiu while walking up to confront her.

“What do you think you are doing?” Siyeon accused as all she saw was red. Rationale had left Siyeon’s mind as she wanted an explanation. Kim Jiu shouldn’t be allowed to just walk freely holding Sua. Not after all she has done.

“Bringing Sua home before it gets dark.” Jiu replied as she tightened her grip on Sua. Jealousy is not a good emotion. Jiu concluded in her mind. She didn’t like how Siyeon was acting over nothing as she shook her head disapproving how Siyeon was handling the ongoing situation.

“You could have called me. I would have done a better job than you,” Siyeon emphasized on the word you to make a point to Jiu that she wasn’t what Sua needed.

“Why do I have to call you when I’m perfectly capable of bringing her back myself,” Jiu countered as she shouldn’t be getting riled up over this, but Lee Siyeon was pushing her buttons when it comes to Sua. Sure, Jiu messed up but to not simply help out in any case was being too dramatic.

“Because you’ll hurt her again!” Siyeon shouted making Sua grumble in protest to being woken up. Jiu glared at Siyeon and tried to walk past her as she didn’t want Sua to listen or be part of the conversation. “I’ll carry my girlfriend to her room, and you can go back to yours.” Siyeon stepped in Jiu’s way blocking her from any advances. They were in a deadlock silence for a couple seconds, but it felt like an eternity passed by.

“I said that I can do it,” Jiu tried to calmly state for the sake of not waking Sua up which finally broke the silence. She took a step forward but Siyeon glared at her with the expression to dare and get past her.

“And I said there is no need,” Siyeon stubbornly replied with a low growl in her tone. She went to grab Sua’s arm that was dangling around Jiu’s neck. Jiu took a step back making Siyeon grasp the air. “What on earth are you doing?” She inquired as Jiu was getting on her nerves just because they were soulmates. Screw the system. Me and Sua will forge a new path. Siyeon thought to herself but her heart pricked in pain knowing that she just casted aside Yoohyeon. Little did she know that she was making the same decision as Jiu 10 years ago.

“Making sure that you don’t cause Sua anymore pain. From the looks of it your grip could use a little loosening.” Jiu took a glance down at Siyeon’s white trembling knuckles that was a result of clenching one’s fist too tightly. Siyeon didn’t know that she had clenched her hand so much that there were fingernail imprints into her palm. She shook that feeling off as she knew she would never hurt Sua.

“Nonsense, I’ve never hurt my Suaifey,” Siyeon threw that thought to the back of her mind but Jiu frowned at Siyeon’s answer. She could only shake her head some more as she recalled Siyeon never truly knowing that Sua was in pain. Sua was always in pain. That's what her eyes told her anyways and Siyeon was too oblivious to see it. If Sua can’t tell her woes to Siyeon then their relationship isn’t going to last long. Sua needs to be honest with her feelings even if it isn’t me. Jiu thought but she shuddered at the thought of Sua confiding in Siyeon. Jiu drew a shaky breath and looked at Siyeon with determined eyes.

“Actions speak louder than words, Lee Siyeon.” Jiu warned as her arm’s were getting tired from holding Sua up for too long, but she refused to show any weakness in front of Siyeon.

“Being by Suaifey’s side for those 10 years where you weren’t there speaks volumes,” Siyeon retorted as Jiu didn’t have any right to be finding faults in her.

“And yet, you still can’t understand her,” Jiu snapped as she took a step back from Siyeon some more. “You hid that Yoohyeon was your soulmate from her. You know what that did to her?” Jiu asked the question but Siyeon didn’t say a word. Jiu scoffed at her action. Ten years of being by her side and she still doesn’t understand her. “Sua blamed herself that you kept that information from her not you but herself. You should have known that Sua has some trust issues because of me but you just... Ugh.” Jiu didn’t even know what to say to Siyeon.

“I... I would have calmed her down if I had known,” Siyeon uttered out but Jiu wasn’t having it.

I was the one who had to calm her down. I was the one who took the risk today to stay with her when we both know that she hates me. I was the one who pushed her out of her comfort zone today after your discussion. I was the one to deliver the words of somewhat comfort to her ears when it should have been you the girlfriend. I was the one who held her sobbing body making sure she became a survivor and not a broken doll out of this. I didn’t need Sua to give me an explanation because in one glimpse just one and I already knew what was wrong.” Jiu emphasized her I to make a point but in the end her voice was quiet. She didn’t want Siyeon to know the pain Sua was dealing with. It wasn’t her story to tell. “So, Siyeon, where were you as you claimed that you never hurt Sua before,” Siyeon frowned at Jiu’s words because at some point she was right. Where was she when Sua ran off? Answer was out on a date with Yoohyeon.

Jiu sighed as her arms were hurting but knowing that Siyeon wasn’t advancing on grabbing Sua she started walking into the building to their dorm room. Jiu didn’t say anything else to Siyeon knowing that the couple should both be having a very long talk. Jiu placed Sua into her bunk and quietly closed the door. Her head was aching from today and it didn’t help that she vented her frustrations onto Siyeon.

Yoohyeon poked her head out from the bathroom and noticed a very exhausted Jiu. She thought it was Siyeon who came in ready to give her an answer but frowned that it wasn’t her.

“Hey, you okay?” Yoohyeon had to ask knowing that Jiu’s answer will probably be a lie.

“Yeah, just fine.” Jiu looked at Yoohyeon and gave her a fake smile as usual. Jiu walked off to her bunk for a much-needed sleep.


Sua rubbed her soulmate sign once again hoping that it might magically go away. Siyeon grabbed Sua’s left hand to stop her from thinking about her soulmate. She held it tightly giving a squeeze trying to get Sua to know that she’s here for her. Sua gave her a small sad smile but didn’t squeeze back. Siyeon noticed that Sua didn’t squeeze back but she thought that Sua was too distracted to do anything. She felt that Sua was showing her true self to her and she was happy. So happy that as time went on Siyeon and Sua were a dynamic that nothing broke them.

“I like you, Wolfie, I really do.” Sua confessed to Siyeon who in returned smiled and gave her a kiss. Siyeon didn’t notice Sua's distress at all. She didn’t notice that Sua was about to tell her about what she was feeling. She was more in the bliss of Sua liking her rather than her soulmate.

“I love you too, Sua. I really love you too,” Siyeon pressed their foreheads together after she broke the kiss. She failed to read into the hesitant smile that Sua made. She dismissed it as her feeling guilty of possibly cheating on her soulmate. “Everything will be alright, Sua,” Siyeon reassured Sua and she felt that she was being embraced. She realized that Sua was hugging her making Siyeon know that they will be okay.


Siyeon snapped out of her thoughts but she couldn’t figure out what Jiu was talking about. Sua has always been truthful to her. Siyeon knew how Sua acted, actions and personality. How dare Kim Jiu accuse me of not knowing her well. She doesn’t know her at all because I’ve watched and protected her, so I know her best. Siyeon assured herself and walked inside the building but something didn’t feel right to her. When she entered the dorm, she walked to Sua and Yoohyeon’s room and she went into the bottom bunk. Sua was resting peacefully and Siyeon snuggled up against her.

“We are going to be okay,” Siyeon whispered as Sua snuggled closer to her as if she was responding to her. “No, soulmate is going to get in the way of our relationship.” Siyeon affirmed and she held Sua’s left hand and began drifting off to sleep.

 

 

Sua woke up with Siyeon asleep in front of her. She smiled as she kissed Siyeon’s forehead then snuggled closer to her. She was about to fall asleep until she heard movement coming outside the room. She froze hoping that it wasn’t a robber in the room, so she slowly started checking where the nearest phone was. She didn’t have hers on her so she softly canvassed Siyeon’s body while blushing. She found that Siyeon’s phone was above her when she got a notification and that made it more embarrassing. She continued to listen as the shuffling stopped and she was getting ready to call the police.

Danger, danger, never speak a word, it's in your eyes

Danger, danger, only with a word, you rule the skies

Try to deceive me, go on cast your spell

This game, I've played it before

Try to enchant me, ring that morning bell

Shall we dance?” Sua heard and stopped her actions knowing who the voice belonged to. She carefully left the bed hoping that she wouldn’t wake up her girlfriend. She gave a small kiss on Siyeon’s hair before leaving the room.

Danger, danger, fall for my disguise, it's my design

Danger, danger, only with a word, you're mine” Jiu sang softly not knowing that she had company. She had long lost the battle with sleeping peacefully that she would only have 3 hours of sleep. Nothing more nothing less and surprisingly it didn’t affect her behavior or her performance. She took a long sip of her ice coffee as she looked up at the night sky that barely had any stars shining.

“What are you doing up?” Jiu jumped from the sudden break in silence. It was already dark out and some of her coffee spilled onto the ground and her clothes.

“Moonie,” Jiu whispered as she raced to go clean up the spillage. “Why are you awake?” Sua only watched her clean up the the mess she made.

“I heard noises and was about to call the cops.” Sua answered as she watched Jiu finish cleaning but only to sit on the couch.

“Good thing you didn’t call them then,” Jiu tried to joke hoping that she wouldn’t have to explain herself.

“You didn’t answer my question yet, Jiu,” Sua crossed her arms hoping that Jiu didn’t misunderstand her question

“Can’t sleep,” Jiu merely shrugged looking away from Sua as she knew that it was a lie.

“Did you have a nightmare?” Sua questioned as she could smell the aroma of coffee. She knew that Jiu wasn’t intending to be going to sleep anytime soon.

“Yeah,” Jiu looked at Sua and gave her the same smile she gave Yoohyeon. “It was a terrible nightmare but no worries they will pass like always.” She dismissed with a wave of her hand knowing that it wasn’t good for her to lie.

“So, what kind of nightmare did you get this time?” Sua kept asking questions but she didn’t understand why. Jiu’s life is none of her business since they are only co-workers and nothing more.

“Well,” Jiu thought about it knowing it wouldn’t hurt letting Sua know. “There was me and you back in our old days. We would be running around doing who knows what,” Jiu chuckled remembering those times. “We would be growing older as time flew by until we were at our age right now. I would be on another date with you walking down the street until you were gone. I’m just staring at an empty road as the place slowly gets dark. So dark I can’t even see my hands or feet just… darkness. I can’t move forward because I feel trapped and then I start feeling afraid because I can’t wake up. Can’t move, can’t fall, can’t even scream just wait in the endless torture of silence until I see a light.” Jiu looked up at Sua and a tear went down her eyes. “There's a tombstone with big bold letters. Here lies Kim Jiu who got what she deserved,” Sua stiffened at the monotone line that Jiu concluded her nightmare. “Like I said terrible nightmare, I suggest you go back to your girlfriend before the dream unsettles you” Jiu picked up her coffee and drank from it again watching and gauging Sua’s reaction.

“W-what are you going to do about the nightmare?” Sua stuttered as she can already see Jiu making her nightmare come true. She was all alone in the semi dark and no one was there for her. The only thing that was missing was Jiu getting hurt for something she did.

“Nothing,” Jiu responded and that sent a chill down Sua’s spine. “Like I said, this game I’ve played it before, nothing I can’t handle,” But in Sua’s mind all she heard was how Jiu kept on saying Danger. Was Jiu trying to get Sua to pity her or was it a cry for help?