Chapter 1

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

 

The meal that we had earlier was unbelievable because as far as I know, Nayeon wouldn't do that because she always knows what my Dad hates when we are in the middle of the meal or dinner. 

 

And for my girlfriend or fiancee, I don't know what got into her. Nayeon always trigger her to some things before and she is being the understanding person, being the mature one but when I comes to cheating, she always react.

 

Maybe because she knows that I will believe what Nayeon said. Maybe because she is just afraid that I will feel insecure about it and end up believing Nayeo.

 

Nayeon and I are close before, as in close and best friends but every changes in just one night. She found out that Momo proposed to me and I said yes, she got mad for me for saying yes to Momo. I know there's a reason but she keeps telling me that I should find that out on myself.

 

For real, when Momo proposed to me, I don't know know what to say. Before Momo propose, Nayeon keep on telling me that she saw Momo with some other girls and boys. I didn't believe that of course, Momo and I been through a lot, that's what she said.

 

I unlocked my apartment's door and get inside, the apartment is so dark, the lights are off. "Momo... I'm home." I shout for her to hear. I opened the lights, when I didn't get a response, I sigh.

 

What's with her saying 'talk to you later' but won't be home later on. She always not at home, I understand she's a host of a party or something but... not all the time.

 

I spend the rest of the night by myself, like a routine for me now, getting used to it, wait not, I am already used to it.

 

Next day.

 

Currently, I am with my Mom and David on the living room. She is not my real Mom, she is my step mother and my real Eomma, she lives at New Zealand. We are waiting for Dad to come out to his office because he said that he will update us on something.

 

"Jennie, why did you get here early?" I look at David who's reading some newspaper. He is like that typical business man. Boringgg.

 

"I think you already know why I did go here at early as expected." I said while typing on my phone. I raise my eyebrows.

 

"You know, you should teach your fiancee how to handle anger. More on, be the mature one. She is not that responsible one for going home because someone is waiting for her." If Momo was here, she would beat the crap of him. 

 

"Maybe you should try. I did what I need to do for her to be more patience but Nayeon is always hitting on her nerves." He look up at me and he has this serious face that you should take serious of it.

 

"Maybe you should think twice before you marry that girl. Even Dad doesn't like that girl for you but he loves you and always see you happy with her, that's why he let you be." He bring back his look at his newspaper and I look away too but I hear him speak but It was low. "Even I, I agree to Dad. Even Laeolin Sonyeon (Little Boy) is better than her." He took a sit on his cup of coffee.

 

Eolin Sonyeon? Why is it with a La? I just ignore what he said. Dad came out of his office with nothing on him, which means that it's family matter. "I want to start with business..." He said while sitting down beside Mom. Maybe it's business matter, what do I expect.

 

"What about it, Uncle?" David said. He put his full attention to Dad. 

 

"Partnership, we are going to partner up with some other business. They have the same level as us in South Korea but they have the highest level in the other country, such as America, New York, and etc. In their own country, Thailand, they are known there as the Manoban." He said.

 

What is this all about? If it's about business, why Mom and I are here? I know that when it comes to business thing, Dad and David are the only person who will sit in hours for the business thing.

 

"The Manobans... who doesn't know them. They even give Lisa one of their highest company. It turns out that Lisa is one of the youngest CEO in the world." David said. Dad clear his throat and David look at him. 

 

That's when David eyes widen and shock take over his face. Their heads turn to me like they are saying something. "What...?" I only said.

 

"Anyways, speaking of Lalisa Manoban, starting for tomorrow... Jennie will start working to Lisa's company as a Assistant. I know that you need to find some job on your own but it is wasting our time. You are the only daughter of ours that's why there's no other option to help you." Dad said.

 

Lisa Manoban... I heard her name before but I can't remember where. When I heard Dad said that I will be working to her tomorrow, I never felt nervous before. I don't know why, maybe because she will be my first boss.

 

"What will be her work there, Uncle?" David asked Dad while he is standing up.

 

"As Lisa's Assistant. Be prepare Jennie..." He look at me. "Don't expect that it will be easy. Especially, your boss is Lisa M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter