Chapter 14

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

 

"Ms. Kim, please tell Ms. Manoban that your driver for today will be waiting for you downstairs later, he will be there in 2 hours. Please be prepare to leave." Mr. Benedict told me, we are at the phone talking about the new driver that he assigned for him to take us to our destination.

 

"Please kindly pick a different driver for us. Ms. Manoban doesn't want Mr. Manalo to guide us for today and for the rest of our business trip. She wants someone that can be trusted and responsible enough to do his work." I said. I heard him sighed.

 

"I am sincerely apologizing and begging for her, your forgiveness about the accident that happened yesterday. We will take all of the responsibility if ever Ms. Manoban will take that situation to the court. Having an creepy stranger drive you around without our content but using our driver's surname is under the law." He told me.

 

I thought about Lisa taking what happened yesterday to the court, I think she changed her mind about taking it to the court because the guy was really unidentified and his face is unknown, it doesn't have a record of whose that face was, and I also convinced her that I was fine about what happened, even though that I had a bruise on my arm. It was scary but it is better to be safe next time.

 

She hired a bodyguards that will followed us everywhere, she also hired a bodyguard for me when she is the only person that is needed for the meeting or anything. She told me to update Mr. Benedict about that because the people that are hired as bodyguard was coming from his team. Lisa still has the trust in Mr. Benedict's side, despite of what happened.

 

"I already talked to Ms. Manoban about it, please be careful of who you will send to us. We need some documents about the person that will come and pick us up later on. We will update you of who will pick us up, confirming his identity." I heard him sigh from the other side of the call.

 

"Please update me if you already meet your new driver for the rest of your business trip. Please kindly tell your upcoming driver where you are going next after Ms. Manoban's meeting is done. I will say this in advance, he is our best driver in our company so I hope he will never disappoint Ms. Manoban." I bid my goodbye to him and hanged up. I put my phone on my back pocket.

 

I walked to the living room for me to get the folder that is related to Lisa's plan for the fashion runway, it is in the couch of this hotel room, I heard my phone tinged. I get my phone to my back pocket to see who ever texted me.

 

Name: Carlo Aquino

Gender: Male

Age: 33 years old

 

 

 

-Mr. Benedict

 

He really did sent me the picture of our driver, Mr. Aquino. I immediately sent to Ms. Manoban the information of our new driver and I quickly changed into my skirt. Lisa texted me to join her downstairs , it is about having breakfast before we go to her meeting for the upcoming fashion runway.

 

I get the folders resting in my arms and getting my phone in hand. I locked the room, with the key in my hand, I will leave this in Lisa's room. I knocked on her door, our room's are next to each other for me to be easy, she said.

 

When I am fixing my skirt, I heard the door opened but still not looking, busy fixing my shirt. "Jennie." I heard her voice. I quickly look up to face her but my mouth is slightly open. I can't believe that I am seeing this right now, if ever the room service guy will go here in front of her door. He will do what I just did. 

 

Lalisa Manoban is rude for opening her door with only robe covering her body and her wet hair. Lisa is drying her hair with the towel. She is not looking at me while doing it so I quickly closed my mouth before she caught me. I cleared my throat which gave her attention to me.

 

"M-Ms. Manoban, I will be inside of your room. Waiting for you to finish." I awkwardly smiled at her. She smiled back while she chuckled at me. She moved aside for me to give space so I can get in.

 

"Come in, Jennie." She said. She starts to moved to her living room, I get in and closed the door. "And I told you, call me Lisa when we are all alone. I think I told did you that twice now, didn't I?" She said, not looking at me. I sat on the couch of the living room.

 

"Sorry... Lisa. I feel weird because I am calling my boss, the CEO that I am working in with her first name. Many people might misunderstand our relationship, Lisa. I don't want to ruin your image nor mine as the only daughter of the Kims'. Especially when I will be the soon to be CEO of our company. I don't want to have a bad impression from them." I didn't looked at her but I heard a door opened but didn't hear it closed.

 

"I was just being friendly, I want to be friends with someone that I know that I will trust, just like with Irene and everyone else that you know that are close to me. Don't need to point out the obvious consequence." I then heard the door closed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter