Chapter 16

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie's POV

 

"Jennie, answer me honestly huh. Is there really something going on between you and Ms. Manoban?" Carlo asked. I immediately looked at him and furrowed my brow at him with my mouth open, got shocked of his unexpected question that I didn't even imagine that he will ask me something like that.

 

"Are you out of your mind!? Don't think like that or else, don't ask me a question like that, especially we are in public, Carlo Aquino! " I hit him at his forearm and he whine because it was pretty loud and he got hurt because of that. 

 

"Oww! My question doesn't even need hurtful action to get answer! That really hurt, Kim" He said and rubbing his shoulder, he fold his sleeve up to see the hit that I caused. When he and I can see the red spot on his forearm, it was a sign that he really did got hurt because of my hit, bad my abusing hand.

 

"I am sorry... but it's your fault! First of all, we are not even friends. Second, Don't ask when you have that kind of high voice when asking me, someone might know her and I as being the boss and Assistant, and being the only daughters of our family, or some enemy of Lisa when it comes to business, they will immediately send a rumour about me and her..." He pat my shoulder.

 

"Oh come, calling your boss by her first name doesn't make you friends, huh?" He caught me off guard there. I slowly looked at him and trying to make myself understand what he mean. When I finally get it, I slowly nod at him. "Oh, I am right! I will always be right when it comes to that!" He hit the air like he just got right the number in lottery.

 

"But doesn't mean we are friends as in... friends -friends. Especially when I clumsy spill something that I shouldn't have said, I should have not said that to her, I think when people saw her as the scary boss that will make your work hard, it was a disguised from something vulnerable... from something soft that you will think to being it home but instead, you will see a scary woman that wants to do work, work, work and not caring about stuffs..." He nod, we turn again to go to our previous place.

 

We are going back and forth to the hotel's entrance and to the streets, to get fresh air and something. After what happened earlier at the fashion week, they exhausted me because of the clothes they want to try on me.

 

I didn't expect them to chose me as their sub model when the model is not there, I was still clueless about the situation when they took me to the changing area, until I heard the model's name, the staffs telling to each other that they should pick me something that the supposed model would wear for the runway.

 

"You're going to have a short travel here, huh. I mean one day travel around the Quezon City, I think. You should enjoy it when there's a place where you can buy something for a low price of it. Seriously." He said. I think about it, I know I looked up for the places where you can buy a staff for a cheap price.

 

I thought too that Lisa will only think about going here for just business, not going to come out of her own room because of the paper works that she will be bringing or she will go out but it's a business matter and nothing at all.

 

I didn't think about that she will go out of her room because she will have a friend be with her when she will look around the Quezon City. I guess she is going to try to enjoy this business trip with her friend. With a friend.

 

I thought about something that I can ask to Carlo, I looked at him. "Hey, are you free for tomorrow? or do you have some space on your schedule?" I asked.

 

He looked up with a pout on his lips, like he is thinking if he really have a schedule for tomorrow but he shake his head as a sign of no. "I don't have, why did you asked, Ms. Kim?" He asked back.

 

"Oh, great! I thought that you will accompany Lisa along with her friend tomorrow, she is still your boss. I was thinking that you should tour me as your friend here. I still want to be introduce to the places where you can bring back history about the Philippines." I excitedly said to him while jumping up and down, holding his arm.

 

He chuckled at what I did but continue walking towards the hotel. We will go straight to my hotel room, he will take me to my room when he is going to go home tonight. His girlfriend might accuse him for cheating at her if he will not go home tonight.

 

When we go straight to the entrance, I felt him fast walked to it. It confused me because it's not necessary to walk that fast when you are in hurry. He got to the floor level where my hotel room is. I saw he has a sweat rolling down his face, he wipe it off.

 

I chuckled at him, "Did your girlfriend texted you and that's why you are looking lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter