Chapter 20

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's POV

 

I picked up the thing under the cabinet and sat on the side of the bed first before look at it closely, it's a key.

 

I looked at the drawer and back to the key, maybe this is the key for the locked drawer, right?

 

Before I do that, I called the detective that I hired to looked this for me.

 

"Good day, Ms. Kim. What can I do to you for today?" He happily asked. I hissed.

 

"What's the good for today? All I encountered earlier was a guy almost killed me if I didn't notice his presence at my back." I said.

 

"Oh, someone is really after your business, Ms. Kim. Good thing that Taekwando is the first thing that you learned when you were a child." He said. I kneel on my knees and put the key to the key hole using my another hand.

 

"That doesn't matter right now. He got ran away from me but he didn't ran away without a bruise or wounds. I might recognize him with the wounds that I made and marked to his body." The drawer got open with me using the key. I smirked. "I found something under this drawer but before I even get it, he attacked me but I quickly dodged. He was after this key, I think. He can kill me in a minute just to get this." 

 

I opened the drawer and what I saw is just brown envelopes. 10 brown envelopes to be exact. I put it all to the top of the bed. "I see that you are busy getting your reward after you wounded the poor guy, Ms. Kim. I guess to the part of finding who is Manuel Hirai, you already found it. Good luck, Ms. Kim. Be careful as always." I bid my goodbye to him and thanked him.

 

Telling him that I will call him if I ever find something really suspicious or connected to Manuel Hirai, I really doubt that it is somehow connected to Momo Hirai. 

 

I have so many questions starting to float to my head, if I really think that Momo is related to Manuel, why did I not know that? I was always hanging out with her before as she is Lisa's bestfriend. When Lisa and Jennie started dating before, Momo is always with me because our bestfriends are always dating and going out with even informing us.

 

That's why Momo always ended up opening up to me, what confuses me was she never told me that she liked Jennie before, she didn't even like Jennie before. I mean she likes her as who she is but I know Momo knows her limit and boundaries when it comes to that, she liked Jennie as a friend.

 

Include the thing that Momo is related to Manuel Hirai, she never told me that. Maybe I really don't know who he really is. I just know Manuel because he is the last person with Jennie before it was reported to me that Jennie was sent to the hospital here in Jeju Island.

 

Everything would be easy if Manuel is here to explain to what really went down, it would be easy if he will pop here in front of me but I did whatever I needed to do to find him, money was involved but nope. No trace of him at all. I asked Jennie about him but she just told me that she didn't know him at all, the name is unfamiliar to him. The honesty is really visible to her face that day, maybe he used another name to know Jennie that night before.

 

I sighed because of the trouble that I need to cross before I dig in into his life, to his privacy, just to know him.

 

I opened the brown envelopes one by one and putting all the files on top of the bed. This will be long day for me, all I saw was cases of some criminal people. 

 

Am I ready to get involve to this kind of thing now? Just to know what really happened that night when he is with Jennie. Who is the guy when I was about to reach out to the key underneath the drawer? What does he want from me or... from Manuel?

 

Lisa's POV

 

The day, this day is something... I don't know. I wanted to call it a worst day but a good day. Maybe surprising day perhaps, I suppose to enjoy my stay here because we only had one day and we definitely need to go back to South Korea tomorrow.

 

But I thought about what Jennie did earlie, I also thought of what I decide. Maybe she really moved on and she loves Momo now.

 

My main question was, why did she forgot all about me? I mean my whole thing, she forgot that easily but as far as I know, you can't forget something who had impact to your life or made your day happy in a easy way and effortless way but... did I not do something to her past that's why I am easy to forgot now huh?

 

But as far I know, what she did when we were in middle school was something unforgettable. Maybe for me, not for her.

 

It's now midnight and I still don't know what to do, maybe putting my baggage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter