Chapter 23

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo's POV

 

I am now finally relief that Lisa knew everything now. After those 2 years asking Jennie about their past, Lisa and her. I stopped being oblivious when I realized that something is really wrong with Jennie.

 

4 days ago

 

Jennie is currently sitting on her apartment's couch, she has her arms crossed and leaning on the back of the couch, she is staring straight in front of her without blinking. Like she is thinking about something, so deep.

 

I get a bowl of popcorn of caramel and walked towards her. I sat beside her and snuggled her but it was not enough to get her attention. I furrowed my brow at her.

 

"Jenduekie." I called out but she is just staring blankly in front of her. "Jenduek." I called again but nothing. "Jennie yah. Jen!" I shout this time which cause her to almost jump on her seat. She put her hand to her heart. "That's for ignoring me and forget about me." I told her.

 

I lean on the back of the couch. I glanced at her and turned my attention to the movie that we were watching.

 

"What's bothering you? You've been staring at something in front of you since you came down here. Do you want to sleep some more? I understand that because that's a long business trip." I told her. She shook her head. "What is it then?" She shrugged her shoulders. "Tell me so I can help you."

 

I put my hand on her shoulder. She sigh before saying something. "It's just... that night at the elevator is keep on bothering me since we landed here 2 days ago. I don't know what got into me, for having the strength to talk like that to Lisa. I also always had a dream about something and some scenes are popping out of my mind. It's kinda frustrating that I don't know what it is." She said.

 

I think about the reason why I went to Jeju Island. I remembered that Manuel Hirai who's with Jennie that night. "Oh Jennie yah." I called for her, she looked at me with a frown. "Do you remember the police that followed us and we got separated?" I asked her.

 

That scene will never be forgettable because that night, Lisa and Jennie had their first ever kiss. Plus, it was Jennie's first real kiss and it was Lisa's first kiss. No one would ever forgot about it, especially Jennie treasure that so much even though Lisa got mad at her because of that.

 

But what I saw in front of me was, a girl with furrowed brows, like she is asking what kind of scene is that. She seems confused. She shook her head and lower her head. What the heck? What's happening?

 

That's when I excuse myself to talk to someone, two person actually. I need to know the truth. I dialed the doctor's number. It rang few times and he answered. "Hello, Dr.?" I asked.

 

"Oh hello, Ms. Kim. What a pleasant call coming from you." He said.

 

"I know calling you is something unexpected but I know that you will help me about something." He hummed. "Do you remember my best friend slush cousin, Jennie Kim? She was the one who got hospitalized and I sense that you saw something weird on her x ray in her head." I said.

 

"... am I too obvious? If I am, it's kinda rude for the patient for me being like that." He explained. I looked at the living room and saw that Jennie was just sitting there.

 

"No, Doc. You weren't. I just guessed it because I know that you saw something in there. So the question is... did she really encountered the accident 2 years ago?" There's a long pause before he answered.

 

"The cracked on her skull was obvious that it was 2 years ago or 2 and a half years, it was like a marked and fully healed, did she really got that from a accident before but you said no, but that's unbelievable to believe. There won't be something like that on her skull if she didn't, right? There's really a possibility that she had a accident before." I nod.

 

"So only a proof to say that she had a accident before?" He hummed. I told him that I will update him if ever I have the document of the accident before for him to check. I hunged and called another person. 

 

I looked at Jennie to check her, she is still sitting there. "Hello, Ms. Kim " He answered. 

 

"Good morning, did you already checked the folders that I found while I was at Jeju Island?" I asked.

 

"Yes, Ms. Kim. I checked every bits of it. What you told me before, Ms. Kim is interesting. The accident that Manuel Hirai encountered was in the same week when your best friend, Jennie hospitalized. Is it coincidence that they were together that night and Manuel Hirai had a accident, same with Jennie Kim, she was hospitalized but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter