Chapter 5

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The June high cut magazine was a hot topic among the staff in SNH because of how much like friends they looked. However, those rumors only made the two distance themselves from each other more.

 

How did Seulgi run away from Irene? She cleared her schedules and signed up for a mission trip to the slums of Cambodia. This wasn't just to fully avoid Irene; she herself also had wanted to go for the mission trip for a while now.

 

"What's that?" Joy asked when she saw Seulgi reading a dictionary.

 

"Learning Khmer for the mission trip next week." Seulgi hummed.

 

"Ooo, what an adventurous little girl you are. I'm going to miss you for the next two weeks." The general surgeon pouted.

 

"Is Doctor Bae that bad to you?" Seulgi chuckled.

 

"Don't tell her this but sometimes, I can't deal with that tsundere." Joy leaned closer and whispered.

 

"What about me?" Irene asked as she entered the pantry, causing joy to jump in shock.

 

Joy then laughed it off and said that they were only talking about Seulgi's Mission trip.

 

Irene raised her brow and nodded.

 

"Have fun." She commented before leaving with a snack bar in hand.

 

.

 

Seulgi flew off on the Monday of the following week. Irene wasn't physically there to send her off she just watched it from the Instagram stories of Wendy and some of the other mutual Doctors/ friends of hers.

 

It wasn't like Irene ever hung out or interacted with Seulgi normally when they became colleagues but Irene suddenly felt empty. Her phone dinged and she quickly opened the message hoping that it was joy reporting to her about Seulgi but it was just Bogum.

 

Bogum:

JooHyun ah~

 

Irene:

Ne, oppa?

 

Bogum:

Mum and Dad wants to have dinner with us tonight. Can you make it?

 

Irene:

Sure, I'll be off at 8.

 

Bogum:

Okay, I'll come pick you up later~

 

.

 

Bogum noticed how Irene was fidgeting in the car. She seemed jumpier than usual and was even startled when Bogum simply called her name.

 

"What's up?" He asked in worry.

 

"N-nothing... just nervous..." Irene uttered in a shaky voice.

 

Bogum gave her a gentle smile and placed his free hand on top of Irene's.

 

"I know they have been pestering us about marriage and I know you are worried since we are still at the peak of our careers. Let's just tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter