Chapter 12

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are these?" Bogum asked as he pulled out some pictures he had in an envelope from his hand carry.

 

 

Seulgi furrowed her brows when she saw all their past pictures. She could've sworn that she and Irene had deleted their social media accounts before anyone knew.

 

"It doesn’t matter where I found them. But I want you to explain..." Bogum said.

 

"Look, this is all in the past. I- We... don't have feelings for each other anymore." Seulgi uttered.

 

"And I also hope not. Both of your won't look good if you were exposed as lesbians and more so previously in a student-teacher relationship." Bogum threatened.

 

Seulgi looked at the actor and blinked her eyes in disbelieve. The supposedly kind gentleman was now blackmailing her with her future livelihood and asking her to stay away from Irene.

 

Seulgi stood up, hiding her fuming rage behind a sarcastic looking smile:

 

"You didn't have to threaten me Mr Park. I wouldn't steal her away from you to begin with. Now if there is nothing else you need to discuss about, I'll be tending to some paper work." Seulgi smiled before leaving. However, when she turned around. She hissed and uttered curses directed towards Bogum that only she could hear.

 

"Please stay away from her, or else." Bogum warned.

 

.

 

Seulgi avoided Irene like a disease, only visiting her when necessary. Seulgi feared of the consequences that she or Irene might face if he were to release those pictures.

 

The people around Seulgi started to sense changes in the doctor, especially her best friend. The neurosurgeon would be more irritable than usual and also seemed distracted all the time.

 

.

 

Lightning flashed and thunder roared as the ominous clouds crept over the hospital. The loud noise startled Irene awake and she groaned.

 

Irene hated thunderstorms. She feared the dark and the sound scared her. Right now, she wished that someone were with her because the scares were not good on her heart.

 

"Doctor Bae, you're awake."

 

Irene was relieved when she heard the familiar voice.

 

"Doctor Kang... How long have I been out?" Irene asked.

 

"Two days." Seulgi answered.

 

Irene tried to get up, thinking that she needed to get back to work but Seulgi gently pushed against her shoulder.

 

"The director insists that you take the month off to rest. I agreed as well." Seulgi said.

 

Irene heaved a sigh of regret and relaxed her body.

 

Seulgi then reached for her stethoscope and asked Irene to pull her blanket down.

 

"I have to... check your heart beat." Seulgi said as she cleared .

 

Irene mouth and 'ah'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter