Chapter 16

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Joy's Office]

 

"Can you believe the nerve that that woman has?! To flirt with Seulgi in front of me?!" Irene hissed as she chewed on her piece of fry.

 

"Why do I feel like I'm becoming more of a counselor? Should I change my profession?" Joy asked, disregarding what Irene just said.

 

"Joy..." Irene groaned.

 

"Ara, Ara... Irene, this is your fault you know? You let her get taken away." Joy said.

 

"What do you want me to do? Pull her back? We were having a fight." Irene sighed.

 

"Not again?... right now, what Seulgi needs is assurance and hell. not. are. you. giving. her. any." Joy clapped her hands with every word emphasis.

 

"I came here for moral support Sooyoung..." Irene frowned.

 

.

 

Bogum was there to fetch her when Irene ended work. Even though his idea of exposing Seulgi didn't work to the extent he was hoping for, at least Seulgi stayed away from his woman.

 

However, Bogum had been seeing changes in Irene. Instead of her usual warm smiles and bubbly character, nowadays Irene would look troubled.

 

"What's the matter? That doctor got you angry again?" He asked.

 

"Oppa, you won't lie to me right?" Irene asked.

 

Bogum's smile faded away when he heard the seriousness in her voice.

 

"Did you go through my phone?"

 

.

 

"How could you?!" Irene hissed. "Don't tell me you were also the one who released them?!"

 

"So what if I did? Why do you care? Don't you hate her as well?" He asked.

 

"I- Firstly, I won't perform such defaming acts if I were to hate someone and secondly, you risked exposing me as well." Irene argued.

 

"I made sure your face wasn't revealed." He defended.

 

"That isn't the point!" Irene sighed in exasperation.

 

"Then what is? I'm doing all this because I love you. That doctor, she makes you unhappy all the time and that affects me too." Bogum explained.

 

"And aren't both of you on good terms now? With your history with each other... the marriage..." He trailed off and rests his head on the steering wheel.

 

"We were never meant to be in the first place. This marriage is all because my ailing Mother wanted it. But... after seeing what you've done... let's call it off." Irene said as she got out of the car.

 

Bogum went after her but his seatbelt just had to get stuck at this moment. By the time he was able to get out, Irene was already getting into a cab and left.

 

The first place Irene could think of was Solar's house. She doesn't want the hostility of Wendy in the hospital nor Joy's constant nagging at her apartment. What she needed was the warmth and comfort of Yongsun.

 

.

 

"Argh... get the door..." Moonbyul groaned while using her foot to kick her Girlfriend's legs.

 

Solar tossed towards the end of the bed to avoid the kicking but eventually got up to entertain whoever it was.

 

"What's an idol got to do to get enough sleep..." She grumbled to herself.

 

Solar rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times before opening the door, only to see Irene waving awkwardly.

 

"Hey-"

 

Solar slammed the door in her face but Irene started to knock again.

 

"Bae JooHyun, for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter