Chapter 10

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lately, the Hospital had been getting a lot of patients. It was usually after the holidays when the population of patients increases and the hospital got really hectic.

 

Irene was brisk walking across the lobby form a meeting towards the wards and was stopped about 5 times.

 

"Here are the files for the patient doctor Bae."

 

"A board meeting will be held at 4pm later."

 

"You have an operation in 2 hours."

 

"Doctor Bae, there is someone asking for you on the line."

 

"Doctor Bae, we have an emergency!"

 

.

 

For the past few days, Irene could barely get a wink of sleep. It was periods like this when she hated her job. Her head was already throbbing again by the afternoon and what made it worse was the sharp sound of her cell phone ringing.

 

"Yes? Doctor Bae speaking... the heart murmur patient?... alright I'll be there."

 

Irene headed toward the pantry where she swallowed some painkillers before running off for her duties again.

 

.

 

Joy walked towards Irene when she saw her along the corridors of the wards looking lost and confused.

 

“Doctor Bae, is everything okay?” Joy asked.

 

Irene jumped a little and heaved a sigh of relief when she saw Joy.

 

“Argh… I forgot something… I got a call to come to the general ward for something…” Irene grumbled with a pained expression while trying to wreck her brain to remember what it was.

 

“Maybe it’s the patient in 908? the heart murmur patient… if I’m not wrong.” Joy guessed.

 

Irene’s eyes lit up and snapped her fingers before thanking Joy for the help.

 

"Doctor Bae, it’s not like you to forget… you need rest. You sure you okay?" Joy asked worriedly.

 

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Irene insisted. “It’s just I have this headache again and there is so many things to do…”

 

"But the headache had been persisting... I think you need a check up and rest. You are tiring yourself out." Joy nagged.

 

"It's okay, I'll be fine." Irene replied.

 

.

 

"Ya, watch where you are going." Seulgi hissed when Irene bumped into her.

 

Irene gripped her head to sooth the throbbing and ignored Seulgi. Seulgi clicked her tongue as the rude behavior but still looked back a couple of times to check on her.

 

Seulgi witnessed Irene stop and scratch her head. From Irene's body language, Seulgi could tell that she was confused. Seulgi too know that Irene was not the forgetful type of person. Worried, she approached her.

 

"Doctor Bae, is something the matter?" She asked.

 

Irene jumped a little bit before turning towards her and claiming that she was fine with a forced smile.

 

"You are obviously not okay. You can't even stand straight. Why do you keep lying to me?" Seulgi frowned.

 

"Please... I don't want to have an argument right now. Irene groaned.

 

"Haven't you had that headache for days? You should get it checked." Seulgi suggested but Irene just shook her head.

 

"Please stop nagging like Joy. Aren't I already suffering enough?" Irene snapped. Realizing her rudeness, she quickly apologized.

 

"Look... I'm fine and I'll be fine. It's just a headache." Irene sighed.

 

Finally remembering what she needed to do, Irene quickly hurried off, leaving Seulgi behind.

 

.

 

It has now been 2 weeks since the headache started and Irene was being driven mad. It would come and go every now and then. When it throbs, Irene would forget the thing that she was supposed to do, forcing her to write reminder notes to keep track.

 

Irene was taking a break in the pantry. She searched the shelves for painkillers and popped them into . However, before she could swallow them, Seulgi hit her back causing her to spit it out into the sink.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter