Chapter 3

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was back at work and she would notice Seulgi limping around the hospital while getting her work done.

 

Joy, who happened to be walking by, was snatched away from her routine by Irene to a secluded area of the ward lobby.

 

"Doctor Bae, I have patients to see." Joy rushed.

 

"I'll be quick. I just have a few questions. Have you seen Doctor Kang? What is she up to? How is her ankle?" Irene asked, giving Joy no time to answer.

 

Joy rolled her eyes. There Irene goes again. Whenever Seulgi collapses or gets hurt, she would go into panic mode even if she put up a calm face up front. Then whenever joy teases that she liked and cares for Seulgi, Irene would immediately deny.

 

"She's fine, just hobbling a little but that doesn't stop her from performing her normal duties. Anyway, it's almost lunch time, I think she'll be at the pantry if you want to spy on her." Joy reported.

 

Irene thanked Joy using her calmest voice possible before letting the woman go back to what she had been doing.

 

.

 

Irene entered the pantry to see Seulgi alone eating on one piece of bread and a cup of coffee while flipping through her calendar notebook.

 

The atmosphere tensed up immediately when the two were together and neither wanted to speak to the other.

 

Irene stood at the counter facing the wall and contemplated how she should start the conversation with Seulgi. Meanwhile, Seulgi watched from the back while the older girl seemed to twitch and shake her head while mumbling something to herself.

 

"How..." Irene blurted causing Seulgi to look up.

 

"How is your ankle?" Irene asked, with her back still facing Seulgi.

 

"Could've been better if you hadn't sprained it." Seulgi said.

 

"I'm sorry, okay?" Irene sighed.

 

"Wow, about time you apologize. I hope it's not one of your little tricks to slow me down." Seulgi scoffed with hostility.

 

"And I wished it was that sharp mouth of yours that got hurt." Irene snapped and glared at Seulgi.

 

"So you were hoping that that I got hurt." Seulgi hissed.

 

"Stop twisting my words Kang Seulgi." Irene warned.

 

"Says the liar." Seulgi growled, taking a shot at their past.

 

Irene went quiet.

 

"Why? Cat got your tongue?" Seulgi laughed.

 

After another moment of silence, Seulgi stood up and limped out of the pantry. Irene heaved a sigh and went to sit at the table. While sipping on her coffee, she noticed that Seulgi didn't finish her food - it was her fault again, Irene felt that she should've just ignored but her competitive nature just appears.

 

.

 

Irene looked at the time and realised that her next operation was in 20 minutes. She gulped her coffee down and hurried to her office to pick up the papers before heading to the operating theatre (OT). However, when she arrived, she soon realised the issue.

 

Doctors had to book OTs for thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter