Chapter 11

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seulgi's Second Year of Med School]

 

Irene went back to Daegu to meet her family. She was on a month-long trip, which meant that she had to leave her girlfriend alone in Seoul. One day a post card arrived in the mail and it was a photo of baby Irene. Seulgi couldn't stop smiling and at some point forgot that this postcard had a message at the back.

 

Seulgi fished for her phone and took a selfie with the card before sending it to Irene. The next thing Irene replied sent Seulgi rolling on her bed squealing because of how adorable it was.

 

 

Till this day, Seulgi still kept that post card in one of the drawers in her office desk. She had never once stopped having feelings for Irene. When Irene re-entered her life as the cardiac surgeon for SNH, Seulgi was both happy and angry.

 

She never intended their relationship to turn sour but she lacked the skills to properly talk it out with Irene. Both stubborn heads ended up challenging each other all the time. What seemed like hate was just love in disguise.

 

Suddenly there was a knock on her door.

 

Irene walked in with a file in her hand. That very same brown file she gave to joy a few days ago.

 

Irene sat down and got straight to the point.

 

"Joy explained. I'll go under the knife but on one condition. The surgeon has to be you."

 

Seulgi was taken aback and couldn't find the words to reply. Irene had taken the news better than she thought. 

 

"If it's not you, I don't want it." Irene said.

 

"Firstly, I trust your skills. Secondly, You now got the power. If you hate me that much then kill me. The hospital probably can conjure some excuse to cover up. If not, I expect to wake up after the procedure." Irene added.

 

"W-what are you saying? Do you think it’s a game? I'm a doctor, I'm supposed to save people." Seulgi said.

 

"No. If you hate me, if you don't like me, just kill me because honestly... everything hurts right now."

 

Seulgi could see the tears in Irene's eyes even though she was trying her best to hold back her crying.

 

Seulgi couldn't say no. How could she when Irene looked at her like that?

 

Seulgi, still putting on her cool act, agreed.

 

.

 

Seulgi was shaking before the procedure. Both Joy and Wendy were with her - Wendy; because she was Seulgi's most trusted partner and Joy, because she demanded to be part of the procedure.

 

"Doctors, the patient and tools have been preped." Yeri reported.

 

Wendy entered followed by Seulgi and joy. However before Seulgi went in Joy stood in front of her.

 

"I'm watching you Kang." Joy hissed.

 

.

 

This was the first time the whole of Seulgi's team saw her nervous to the point where she was trembling.

 

"Doctor Kang, are you sure you can do it?" Yeri questioned.

 

"Doctor Kang?" Yeri called out again when the later didn't react.

 

Seulgi was startled when Wendy placing her hand on her shoulder. She quickly nodded before asking for a scalpel.

 

The atmosphere in the OT was tense. All the medical staffs were either hoping the doctor didn't make a mistake or that they themselves don't make any as well.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter