Chapter 1

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Look, the neurology department is not going to operate on the patient until we have a clearing that his heart is stabilized." Seulgi repeated.

 

"Neither are we going to operate on his heart until you drain the abscess in his brain. Once he's brain dead, it’s game over." Irene argued.

 

"Oh, so this is all a game to you?" Seulgi cocked her brow.

 

"That's not the point doctor Kang." Irene snapped her fingers.

 

"Guys, stop arguing. We need to make a decision soon. The surgery is in an hour." Wendy reminded.

 

Seulgi looked away with her arms crossed while Irene rolled her eyes.

 

"I suggest we stabilize his heart first, we need to get the blood going so the patient's brain isn't deprived of oxygen." Wendy said.

 

"Ha!" Seulgi stuck her tongue out, earning a punch from Wendy and a glare from Irene.

 

"Sorry on behalf for her rudeness. So doctor Bae is that okay with you?" Wendy asked.

 

"That's not a problem but the amount of time I can get the heart stabilized is not fixed. We don't know when the patient will get another heart attack. He's 80 already. You should know the risk. Plus, we both will not be in the same operating theatre. We can't possibly get the specific machines into your theatre fast enough." Irene explained.

 

"10 minutes." Seulgi spoke. "Just give me 10 minutes and I'll be done."

 

Irene looked at Joy who gave her a nod.

 

"Fine then 10 minutes it is." Irene said and left the room to start preparations.

 

.

 

At last, the operation was over and also a success. The hospital was happy with how fast the procedures were since they were done by two of the best Doctors in the hospital. Even when Irene and Seulgi saw each other after the operation, both women just exchanged glares before walking their separate ways.

 

.

 

The rivalry between the two where known by all the staff in the hospital. Both women had always challenged each other ever since 3 years ago when Irene entered.

 

Some said that Seulgi rubbed Irene the wrong way while others said that Irene stole Seulgi's limelight either way, it lead to their feud where they competed about who got more successful operations done. Some of the training doctors kept score and after today's operation, Irene was still leading by 1 case.

 

Seulgi and Irene never had a normal conversation. They always argued if not for Wendy who tries her best to juggle her work and keep both of them in check.

 

They hated each other. So much so to the point where they would pretend not to see the other when they pass the corridor. The hospital even had to provide them with separate living areas because they couldn't deal with each other in the same house.

 

.

 

"Someone looks troubled." Irene's Boyfriend hummed as he poked her cheek.

 

"Oppa, You know that doctor I told you about? She got on my nerves again." Irene sighed.

 

"And my girlfriend was strong enough to get through another day with her. How admirable." He complimented it never fails to make Irene smile.

 

Irene's Boyfriend was top male actor, Park Bogum. They met 2 years ago when he was filming in the hospital and the two instantly hit off with each other. It wasn't until 1 year ago that they started officially dating.

 

The both of them were currently heading to Bogum's place to have a family dinner. Bogum had recently broken the dating news to his family and they wanted to see the female doctor whom he fell for.

 

"What a beautiful lady!" His Father hummed as he raised his glass for a toast.

 

Irene shyly raised her glass as well and took a sip. She really dislikes alcohol but she had to for the image.

 

The whole family ate and chatted, then the conversation somehow led to Bogum's parents wanting grand children. Irene and Bogum were not that young anymore and his parents were hoping that they could get married in the next year or two and have children. Irene could see that Bogum's family really liked her but she had no intentions to do either of that soon. Not when she was still in the height of her career.

 

.

 

Being the best Doctors in the hospital meant more work to do. Both Doctors shared the same trait of being workaholics since they wanted to win the nu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter