When we were young

ROOMMATES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was supposed to be summer. And summer means no rain, right? Then why is it raining? His mother told him that misfortunes comes in threes and Jin thought that maybe the rain is his third. With him falling to the swing and being bullied everyday was his first and second, maybe the rain is, maybe everyday it really comes in threes. He looked around to peek if the rain promises to stop soon, he was just taken aback by the thunderstorms answering his questions. So he cried, and cried because no one can hear, because no one will care.


 

“Hey! What you doin?” Someone, a small voice emerged from the left end of the cylinder he enclose himself to. The figure moved and scoots closer, alarming him. He wanted to flee but he can't, because the small figure had already encircle his arms around his slightly thinner body. The figure was damp and warm and smiling. Jin can't figure out the face yet but he can see the white pearly teeth alright.



 

“You're cold..” He lied. His mom told him lying is bad. But he wants to be alone and this chubby cheeks boy, since the rain, was clinging to him like a koala. Since that day, when he was sentwas sent home in his yellow umbrella, wet and crying, he started fetching him at his house by playtime, much to his mother's happiness.



 

“You're eyesight had gone poorer Jinnie, you need to wear glasses now if you want to correct it” she said with a smile, the doctor is like an angel all in white. He looked at his mother, who nodded in return. He gave them a small smile.



 

“You look weird on those” he said laughing as we played by the sand, so Jin removed it and put it away. He ended up squinting everytime he can't see well. “Now, you look weirder!” Jin just scoffed, and turned away. The younger stopped him “I’m sorry, can't you still see me if I get close?” He then closed the gap in their faces, their nose almost touching. Jin was about to push him away when he made a silly face that brought him to a fit of laugh.


 

They spent their summer that way, him being picked up or they play in their house. His mom got a liking to him and she made snacks only if Yoonie would come. Sometimes his mom picked him up after they sleep tired from playing.


 

“ Can I marry you when I grow up?”

 

Jin just nodded, smiling, his mom married his dad and they're together since. So maybe if they get married they can play all day and live with each other. We asked my mom then while she was serving cookies, she made choking sounds but she laughed anyways. So that night, before his mom picked him up, I took his plushie Rapmon saying that I should keep it until we get married.



 

But it's been three days since that night that he left me with Rapmon and he hasn't come back. I waited alone in the playground but he never came. I asked mom where could he be but she told me they left for good. And he will not get back. I thought maybe he's mad that I get to keep Rapmon, and he doesn't want to play with me anymore.

 

One day it rained, just like when I met him, so I ran outside to the place where he saw me. I felt cold, no arms held me until I slept in the cramped space. I just woke up in my bed later, I prepared to be scolded but mom just looked at me with a worried face. We never talked about it but Rapmon is still my favourite thing even though I never paid attention to since.


 

'So did you get my present Jinnie?’

 

“Mom, I'm still opening the box okay?why are so excited when it is your late birthday gift? I wonder how awesome this is mom,” Jin hinted his sarcasm even when his mother would never get it. All of his birthdays he can remember his mom getting excited about unwrapping his gifts and he playe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter