“Wait a minute, are you telling me she asked you?”

Don't Let Go

 

5 years ago

“Stop dreaming. You’ll never be able to get her.” His friend mocked him while the rest of the members laughed at the statement.

SeungHo managed to keep the blush from showing on his cheeks and he rolled his eyes. “So? Doesn’t mean I can’t stare at her.”

“C’mon! We all know what you think of when you look at her.” Another friend said.

“Why don’t you just go and talk to her? You’ve been staring at her since she first came a month ago.”

SeungHo sighed, knowing how pathetic he really looked. “Like G.O said, I’ll never be able to get her.”

“Wrong hyung... You can get her. You just don’t have enough balls to.”

“Oh really? I’m pretty sure I have just the right amount of balls, Joon.” SeungHo replied, his eyebrow raised.

“You know what I mean! She’s single, you’re single. I really don’t see what’s wrong.” Joon said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

From the corner of his eye, SeungHo noticed her leaving the cafeteria. He knew where she would be heading next. Quickly, he got up from his seat and excused himself.

“Are you going to talk to her?” G.O said, knowing full well where his friend was heading.

“I... I don’t know.” SeungHo shrugged. “I’ll try.” He added before leaving.

After lunch, she would always head to the library for some quiet time. He would watch her from the spaces between the books and admire the way she flipped her hair when they got in the way and how slender her fingers looked when they turned the page... Oh God, he sounded like a stalker. But he couldn’t stop himself from following her around, albeit only at a distance. He wished he could approach her, but how? His nerves always got the best of him...

Too lost in his thoughts, he failed to notice someone standing beside him until the person emitted a small cough.

“Ehem...”

He looked up and bit his lip to stifle the gasp that threatened to escape. He couldn’t believe his eyes. It was her! He blinked. Was it really her?

Suddenly, she laughed and his stomach fluttered with butterflies. Her laugh sounded like a melody God created only for her. It was better than what he ever imagined. He swallowed the lump that had formed and cleared his throat... He had to maintain his cool!

“Do you always look at people like that?” She asked, amusement evident on her face.

“Err... like what?” He asked nervously.

“Never mind...” She said, laughter coloring her voice. “You’re SeungHo right?”

His heart started to beat erratically. She knew his name! How did she know his name?

“Erm... you know my name?”

She smiled. “Everybody knows your name. You and your gang have quite a reputation around here.”

“Oh...” He said, not knowing what else to say. Why had his mind suddenly stop working? Why couldn’t he think of anything else to say?

“SeungHo sshi, I heard from the professor that you’re excellent in Statistics. I can never get the hang of that subject so if you don’t mind, can you teach me?” She asked, the sweet smile still gracing her face.

He gulped after feeling that his heart was about to jump out of his throat. Did she just ask to be with him? Yes, it was concerning her academics but still... She was requesting to be in his presence. Was this for real? He wasn’t just dreaming was he? He wanted so badly to pinch his cheeks just to confirm it was all real but he couldn’t do it in front of her... He didn't want to embarrass himself. He had done enough already...

“Err... Yeah, sure. But I have army duty every evening.” SeungHo stated, trying to sound as dejected as he could. He didn't want to sound too eager... He had to at least play hard to get right?

“Oh don’t worry about it. We can always do it after. I don’t mind.” She quickly replied.

“Great! It’s a date then.” He said before he could stop himself. Inwardly, he smacked himself. Did he just scare her away?

Fortunately for him, she giggled at his statement before nodding her head. “It’s a date... I’ll see you later...”

“See you!” SeungHo said, his heart on the verge of beating to the rhythm of her swaying hips. He has a date! He tried his hardest not to jump around and squeal like a little girl but to no avail. When he was sure she was out of sight, he squealed in excitement. He has a date with the girl of his dreams! Now, if he could think of things to say when he’s with her... He has to sound interesting and capture her attention somehow...

“Ok... Please tell me you’re jumping around like that because you have to go and take a piss.” Someone suddenly said from behind him.

He twirled around and ran to his group of friends. “Oh my God guys! You’ll never believe what just happened!”

“Don’t tell me. I don’t want to know...” The youngest member, Mir said before walking away.

“What happened?” G.O asked, laughing at his friend’s goofy behaviour.

“I have date! I have a date... with her!” SeungHo revealed excitedly.

“That’s great! When?” Joon asked, happy for his hyung.

“Don't know yet... but soon.” SeungHo replied, his smile never faltering. “I was so glad when she brought up studying with me and I couldn’t really say no when she asked could I?”

“Wait a minute, are you telling me she asked you?” G.O asked, his eyes wide.

“Yeah... why?” SeungHo asked, confused.

“Figures... He’ll never be able to ask her.” Joon mumbled under his breath to CheonDoong, another member of their gang.

“What?” SeungHo asked again.

“Nothing buddy. C’mon, let’s go. Our training starts soon.” G.O said, shaking his head at his friend.

“What? Did I do something wrong?” SeungHo mumbled to himself as he walked beside G.O.

G.O laughed before draping an arm over his friend’s shoulder. “No dude. You didn't do anything wrong. She just happened to do something right...”

“Hyung... hyung, she’s there! She’s looking at you.” CheonDoong whispered, wriggling his eyebrow at SeungHo.

“Shh! You’re making it so obvious!” SeungHo muttered under his breath. Nevertheless, he turned to look. His heart melted at the sweet smile she had plastered on her face. It seemed to be reserved only for him, at least he liked to think so and he returned her smile with one of his own. He noticed red spots appearing on her cheeks and relished on the fact that he was able to bring about such reaction from her... Maybe, just maybe he could be someone for her... 

And that was the story of how they first met...


 

Chapter Posted on: Feb. 1. 2012

So, after that first chapter, I had a hard time with this one... Haha... i wasn't sure how to write it so in the end, i decided to bring you guys back to 5 years before the first chapter happened... I hope it's to everyone's liking! Have a nice read! Enjoy! =D