“Do you want to start over?”

Don't Let Go

Haena glanced at the clock for the umpteenth time. The last time she checked, it was 8 pm. Now, it was already close to 9. Where is he? He has to be here! She knew without a doubt that he would come... but when?

She walked around the classroom absently, her mind full of SeungHo. She smiled when she recalled what he had said to her earlier. He had told her that she could come along to the performance because she was Suri’s mother. Well, at least he still acknowledged the fact that she was Suri’s mother... She just hoped that he would take her back... She wanted to be a part of his life. She had to be...

SeungHo paced back and forth outside the classroom. Truthfully, he had arrived 30 minutes ago... He just didn't know why he was still outside. He shook his head. He really shouldn’t be here... What was he supposed to say if she asked for the answer? Had he truly forgiven her? You know you have, the little voice in his head told him. Ok, so he may have... but he was scared. And he wasn’t sure if he can trust her again...

Thinking that he should go back, he turned and walked away. He didn't get very far when her voice stopped him in his tracks.

“Oppa...”

Slowly, he spun and came face to face with a smiling Haena. “Oppa, you came...”

 He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “I shouldn’t have come...”

“But you came anyway... doesn’t that tell you anything?” Haena said, her voice hopeful.

“Haena...”

“Please... just come inside. Spend some time with me...” Haena said. Without waiting for his answer, she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside into her classroom.

Haena cleared . She was as nervous as he looked and she accidentally let out an incredulous laugh.

“You’re laughing?” SeungHo asked as he looked at her.

“Oppa, we’ve been married... and look at how nervous we are now...” Haena replied with a shake of her head.

“I’m not nervous.” SeungHo quickly said, rubbing the back of his neck again.

Haena gestured at his action. “Your action speaks otherwise...”

SeungHo sighed. “Why am I here Haena?”

Haena made her way over to him, a cup of drink in her hand. “For you...”

“You know I don’t drink coffee...” SeungHo said absent-mindedly.

Haena smiled. “It’s tea.”

“Err.. so uhh...”

“Oppa, are you that uncomfortable with me?” Haena asked softly.

“Haena, I...”

“You can leave if you want. You didn't have to come.” Haena said quietly, making her way over to the window. She had wanted him to come; now she wasn’t so sure. She wanted him to be there with no regrets, but now he was questioning the reason he came, and she didn't like that one bit...

Peering out into the darkness, her vision suddenly blurred. She realized a bit too late that she was crying and soon enough, her sobs were heard by SeungHo.

“Hey... please don’t cry.” SeungHo said as he rushed over to her side.

“I’m sorry...” Haena sobbed.

“Why are you crying?” He asked. Unable to constrain himself any longer, he reached over and wiped away the tears from her cheeks. His fingers burned where they touched her and he relished the feeling. It had been so long since he last touched her...

“Oppa, I’m so tired... I’m tired of avoiding you all the time, I’m tired of missing you all the time. I want to sleep next to you, I wanna wake up next to you... I don’t want to do this anymore oppa... Can’t you just let me come back to you?” Haena pleaded, her tears falling freely from her eyes.

Yes! Come back to me! Stay by my side! He wanted so badly to tell her all those, but why can’t he? It hurt him to see her crying like that, but why can’t he bring himself to say all those that he wanted to say?

“Haena... I want you to come back to me, I really do... but...”

“But you can’t find it in you to trust me again...” Haena cut in quietly.

“I will trust in you again...”

“When oppa? It’s been a few months already! And all you think about is how I’ve hurt you. Have you ever thought of how I felt? Why I did what I did? I didn't have a choice oppa, you and Suri meant the world to me!”

“So what now?” SeungHo said after a while of silence. He realised that she was right... that he never for once thought of her action. Maybe it didn't matter anymore why she never told him... what mattered was the fact that she did what she did to protect him and their daughter. That was enough reason to forgive her right?

“I don’t know oppa...” Haena said after taking a deep breath. “I don’t know...”

SeungHo stared long and hard at his wife. She wasn’t the only one who wanted to wake up next to their significant other, he wanted it too... and he was sure he wanted it more than she did... so what now? What can he do now?

“Do you want to start over?” He said finally.

Haena’s breath hitched and her heartbeat came to a sudden stop. “I’m sorry what?”

SeungHo smiled at the shocked expression on his wife’s face. Slowly but surely, he nodded his head. “Let’s start over.”

“Are you serious?” Haena asked, surprised.

“Yeah, why not? Hi... I’m Yang SeungHo. I work at the hotel and I have a daughter named Suri.”

Haena smiled a genuine smile, a smile that she hadn’t shown in a while, a smile that melted SeungHo’s heart. “What a coincidence! I have a daughter named Suri too! I’m...”

She stopped when she realized that she had lied to him about her name. Which name should she give him?

“Choi Haena right?” SeungHo chipped in when he realized her struggle. He thought it best that she go by that name considering that that was the only name he knew her with...

Haena flashed him a timid smile, relieved with his help. “Right... I’m Choi Haena.”

“So... you’re a teacher here Haena sshi?” SeungHo asked, interested.

“I am.” Haena nodded her head. “Been a teacher for a while now...”

“I see...” SeungHo said, looking away. He didn't know what else to say... He didn't want to just stand here talking to her. He wanted to kiss her senseless, but was that appropriate?

“You have something on your shirt...” Haena said and reached over to brush the front of his shirt. SeungHo raised his hand to do the same thing but accidentally caught her small hand in his.

The moment lasted too short for the both of them. The accidental touch sent shivers down their spines and they locked eyes with one another, both lost in each other’s intense gaze. It was as if time stopped, just for them to enjoy the moment.

Yes, SeungHo still loves his wife. Who doesn’t? Nothing can ever compare to the way he feels about her. This fresh start that he had suggested, he didn't really want it. But what better way to learn to trust her again? Time was all he needed and he knew in time, he will trust her again.

Haena was beyond shocked when he suggested that they start over. She had actually thought that he would just take her back but this was better than nothing. She was willing to make it work and maybe, just maybe they can rekindle the romance and the love that they still feel for each other.

“I...” Haena started and was about to turn away when his grip on her hand tightened. She turned to look and before she could process anything, he had crashed his lips on hers.

Maybe it was the look in her eyes, or maybe he really wanted to do it... whatever it was, he did it. He kissed her. He had wanted to for so long and it had never been so good. She had never tasted so sweet...

“Oppa... what...” Haena said breathlessly once they pull apart some time later.

His head was spinning, his breath inconsistent, and his heartbeat erratic... This was how he always felt whenever he kissed her... He liked the feeling, but he thought that maybe he was just moving too fast. It was his idea to start over. Silently, he cursed himself. Why did he even suggest that in the first place?

“I’m sorry...” He said after taking a step back. “I couldn’t help myself...”

“I thought we were just starting over...” Haena said with a smirk.

“I know... I...”

“I think we should go...” Haena said as she picked up her bag and made her way over to the door.

“Right. I’ll see you tomorrow.” SeungHo said with a nod of his head before walking away, a contented and happy smile on his face. Well, it was better than nothing. He didn't want to be angry at her anymore. He wanted her, and that was all that mattered...

Haena smiled at his retreating back. Tonight had been better than she thought it would be. Looks like it didn't go to waste after all... She had enjoyed that kiss immensely and she wished that they could skip the first part of starting over but that was what he wanted, and she’ll do her very best to respect that... It was a new beginning, and it would be a beautiful one... 



 

Chapter Posted on: May. 17.2012

Next chapter is up! I'm quite satisfied with this one. At least, seungho is no longer angry at her... I hope you guys like it as much as i enjoy writing it! Thanks guys for all the comments! Really appreciate it~ ^^ Keep them coming! XD