“Only... if you promise to always be around.”

Don't Let Go

 

 

4 years ago

“I don’t want to do this anymore...” She groaned before resting her head in a lazy manner on the table.

SeungHo laughed as he flipped through the book. “We just came... It hasn’t even been 30 minutes yet.”

“Really? Don't you mean 30 hours?” She whined. “Can we go out please?”

SeungHo raised his eyebrow, surprised at her suggestion. “But you have a test tomorrow.”

“It’s ok. I’ll flunk it. I really don’t care. I just have to get out of here before I suffocate. Please let’s go.” She begged, putting on a puppy eyed look, a look she knew worked perfectly well on him.

He would’ve cooed over the expression on her face but stopped himself just in time when he remembered where they were. He knew he was smitten. Everything she did never failed to catch his attention be it playing with her hair, biting her lower lip or scrunching her cute little nose. Every night he would thank God for giving him the opportunity to know an angel... his angel... and he was not willing to let her go...

“Are you coming?” He asked her after he stood up.

“Really?” She asked, excited before following him out the library. “But you always said no when I asked you before!”

“Well... change is good right?” SeungHo asked when they walked side by side down the road a while later. “Besides, who knows how much longer we’ll be able to walk freely like this...”

“... right.” She replied, slowly nodding her head. “How’s the army training going?”

“It’s ok.” SeungHo said with a shrug. “But the rest of the gang are getting reallocated.”

She frowned. “What do you mean?”

“They’re moving.” SeungHo replied before sighing. “I’ll be the only one left here...”

“Oh...” She said. Then she smiled at him. “At least you still have me right?”

“Only... if you promise to always be around.” SeungHo said. Feeling suddenly brave, he grabbed hold of her hand that had momentarily grazed his and drove him slightly wild with excitement. He had always wanted to hold her. When they bump shoulders, he wanted to wrap his arm around her. When she laid her head on the table just like she did a while earlier, he wanted to run his hand through her hair and caressed her cheek... He was afraid that if he held her, he would never be able to let go... Not that he wanted to, of course. He just wished she would hope the same thing...

He watched cautiously as she stared at their intertwined hand before she looked up, the biggest and most beautiful grin gracing her pretty face.

“I promise.” She replied softly.

“Wait here.” He instructed before running to the nearest ice-cream store to purchase some ice-cream. In truth, he just had to get away from her so he could breathe and squeal like a little girl just like he did last time. He was ecstatic by the mere fact that she didn't pull away. She even smiled at him... He touched his pocket carefully. What he had there, he felt as if he was carrying a ton of bricks... He pondered over his situation. Was it too early to ask?

“Here you go.” He said when he came back with two cones of ice-cream.

“Thanks!” She said gratefully. “How did you know I like strawberry?”

“Just... an instinct I guess.” He replied with a smile.

“So... where exactly are we going?” She asked as she her ice-cream happily.

“You’ll see.” He said mysteriously.

They ended up beside Han River, with them being the only two people around. SeungHo watched as she picked at the grass beside her feet, her hair partly covering her face. He reached over to tuck her hair behind her ear and she turned to look at him.

“Yeah?” She asked softly.

“Aniyo... I just wanted to see your face.” SeungHo replied before looking away, afraid she would see the blush on his cheeks. His eyes caught sight of the beautiful scenery and he told her to take a look.

“The sunset is beautiful.” She gushed, her eyes wide with awe.

SeungHo laughed at her expression. “It’s not.” He said, shaking his head.

She raised her eyebrow at him. “No?”

“No... You’re more beautiful.”

“SeungHo...” She said, blushing. “Stop it...”

He smiled. “Marry me?” He asked suddenly. He took out the ring from his pocket and showed it to her before he changed his mind.He didn't mean to blurt out the question so abruptly. It happened before he even processed what was going on. But he knew, judging by the look on her face, that she had heard the question, loud and clear.

“SeungHo...” She stuttered. “You just said...”

“I did...” He said after taking a deep breath. There was no way he could hide his feelings now, not when that question was out in the open. “Please marry me. Ever since you first came, I couldn’t get my eyes off of u. I knew I just had to make you mine so I followed you around and...”

“Wait a minute.” She cut in. “You’ve been following me around?”

“Err...” SeungHo stammered. “Is that bad?”

“Actually...” She started before standing up. “I think it’s kind of sweet.”

SeungHo heaved a sigh of relief as he too stood up. “So... what do you say? Will you marry me? I love you, and I promise I’ll love you for the rest of my life.”

 

“Do you always carry a ring with you?” She asked jokingly.

“No... Only when I’m with you.” He replied wittily. 

She hesitated for a split second before nodding her head, her face beaming with happiness. “Yes! Of course I’ll marry you!”

Almost immediately, SeungHo crashed his lips on hers. To him, it was heavenly. Her lips were softer than they actually looked and tasted just as sweet as he imagined them to be. He wished he didn't have to let go so fast but he needed air and reluctantly, he pulled away.

“Wow...” She breathed, her eyes still closed but a satisfied smile on her lips. “Your lips are softer than what I imagined.”

SeungHo gave a start. That was just what he was thinking! Wait what? She has thought of his lips?

“Err...” He started, at a loss of what to say.

“I have a confession to make.” She interrupted, her neck reddening. She wanted to say what she was about to say while looking at him, but she didn't dare to. Instead, she focused her eyes on the darkening skyline. “I’ve noticed you since the first day I came. SeungHo, you caught my eye too... I wanted to approach you. I just didn't know how... I know you always follow me to the library and that one day, I thought I should just it up and go talk to you. It was easier considering I somehow know you feel the same way...”

“Are you telling me that we actually like each other all this while but were too scared to tell?” SeungHo asked incredulously.

She laughed as she held his hand. “No... YOU were too scared.”

“Does that mean you’ll marry me? I want you with me when everything starts. We know the war is inevitable... and I want you by my side. I promise I’ll keep you safe.” SeungHo said, looking earnestly into her eyes.

She bit her lip before nodding her head. “I thought I already told you I’ll marry you.”

“Great... Then I believe I should tell you I love you...” SeungHo whispered, his arms around her waist tight.

She smiled at him. “I love you too...”

They had their wedding a month later. Considering the situation they were in, there was no fancy reception... just them and two witnesses, G.O and Joon. To SeungHo, nothing looked more beautiful that day than his bride, his wife-to-be. He knew his duty to the country would start soon and no matter what, he wanted her by his side... The marriage ceremony took place at the register office and once they signed the papers, they became a legal couple... They were married at last.

“I’m sorry it wasn’t very romantic...” SeungHo said later that night, his wife in his arm.

“Ani...” She replied softly, her eyes on her husband. “It was the best day of my life...”


 

Chapter Posted on: Feb. 1. 2012

Here's the next chapter!!! haha... I thought I should continue about their past a little bit more... Just so you guys have an idea about their relationship... hehe...  I hope you guys like it! Enjoy! Don't forget to read and comment ok? Thanks so much to those who have commented! i really really appreciate it! =D

Good news! I've decided to make the story longer and not just 3 chapters! hahaha... I have so much idea for this story, that's why... =) 

Oh and one more thing, if you guys haven't noticed, I haven't yet given a name to the female character. Any ideas? =D