“Are you that cruel?”

Don't Let Go

 

10 minutes after the war

“We did it sir.” The soldier stated, bowing respectfully to the man standing before him.

A satisfied smile made its way onto the man’s face. “Excellent. I trust everything is fine then?”

“Yes sir. The boy has been knocked out by one of the soldiers. If you want sir, I can kill him.”

“No. There’s no need for that. He’ll suffer enough once he wakes up.” The man said grinning maliciously. “For now, I want you to prepare all the things she would need.”

“I will sir.” The soldier said before leaving the room.

The man leaned back against the chair comfortably. His plan had worked. When had his plans never worked? She had done what he asked her to do and that was more than satisfactory. She obviously loved him considering she was willing to do what she did... He scoffed. Love... What an idiotic emotion. To him, there was nothing more important than power. When you have power, people fear you. Why couldn’t she understand that? He had taught her countless times that the brain can never lose to the heart. He had hardened her heart but what happened? Why was she so foolish as to fall in love? Was the boy even that great?

The door to the room suddenly opened and in stepped the girl he was thinking about, her expression murderous.

“Are you happy?” She asked angrily. She was covered in dirt, and he could see stains of blood on her dress. He smirked before making his way towards her.

“Of course darling. Why wouldn’t I be?” He said sweetly, attempting to wipe the dirt away from her face but she slapped his hand away.

“I can’t believe you made me do that... to him. Why?” She asked with a frown.

“Power sweetheart. And you just so happened to be in the right place, at the right time.” He replied with a content smile.

“Are you that cruel?” She cried out exasperatedly. “Is power all you think about? You think you can control people just because you have power?”

“Well yes.” He replied nodding his head.

“You don’t understand do you? Once you lose that power, you’ll have nothing! These people, this army you have, they don’t follow you willingly, they only do it because they’re scared!”

“I don’t see what’s the problem. Having power makes me feel superior. I mean, I used it to control you and your so-called love didn't I? In the end, my plan worked. All thanks to this power I have.”

“Appa, I never said this before. I’ve never felt it before until now, but I truly and deeply hate you. I hope you lose this war and rot alone.” She said hatefully before slamming the door closed on her way out.

Yes, she had done the unthinkable. Would he ever find it in his heart to forgive her? 


 

Chapter Posted on: Feb. 5. 2012

Here's a short chapter!!!! hahaha... And now I bring you back to the present! lol... It's a crucial chapter to this plot I have! =D Enjoy! Hope you guys like this chapter! =)