“Don't you love me anymore?”

Don't Let Go

 

Haena twirled the piece of paper between her fingers for the umpteenth time, a sigh escaping her lips. Should she? Would he even see her? According to the address that was written on the paper, he didn't live very far from her. But it was almost midnight... Wouldn’t he be asleep?

“I can take you there if you want...” Someone suddenly said from behind her.

She jumped at the sound of GO’s voice. Turning around, she flashed him a small smile. “I don’t know oppa... should I go?”

“Hmm...” GO said before grabbing the seat next to her. “I can’t say anything. It’s up to you. But if I were you, I would...”

“Why?”

“Well, look at it this way. If you go to his place, you can finish telling him everything. He can’t run away considering Suri would be left alone...”

Haena nodded her head in agreement. “You know what, you’re right. Oppa, let’s go.”

5 minutes later they were in the car heading to his place. Haena fidgeted nervously in her seat. She hoped he would listen. She was desperate for him to at least let her finish. She had to. How was he to forgive her if he only knew half of the story?

“We’re here...” GO said as the car came to a stop in front of a small house.

Haena looked out the window and started to hyperventilate. During the ride, part of her had hoped that he would be asleep and that she didn't have to confront him... at least not tonight. But the light was on and she could see his silhouette through the curtain. She bit her lip. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea after all...

“Haena breathe...” GO instructed when he saw how pale she had become.

“Oppa...” Haena said in frantic. “Oppa, let’s just go home. Let’s go home ok? I can’t see him...”

“Haena...” GO said calmly. “First of all, please breathe... Ok, that’s better. Now, do you really want to go home? We’re already here... You might as well get everything out your chest...”

“But oppa... what if he won’t see me?” Haena asked hesitantly. “What if he slams the door in my face?”

GO smiled before pushing her out the door. “You’ll never know unless you go! Don’t worry, I’ll be right here waiting for you!”

Haena looked at him incredulously before dragging her shaky legs towards the door. Like it or not, she was here and there was no way she could turn back now...

She raised a trembling hand to the door and took a deep breath before knocking. Once she stopped knocking, she could hear her heart thudding loudly. She cursed under her breath. She didn't know why she was so nervous. He was her husband for God’s sake! Why was she so nervous to even speak to him?

It was as if she waited for an eternity before she noticed the door slowly opening. Fixing her hair, she tried her best to look presentable. She hoped the calm smile plastered on her face would hide how she truly felt. She didn't want to let him see how scared she truly was...

Her breath hitched at the sight that greeted her. He looked messy, in a handsome way if that was even possible. His black hair was tousled and she thought he had never looked better than he did at the moment. Her palms began to sweat. She blamed it on her raging hormones. Yes, why else would she have these jittery feelings in the middle of the night?

He raised his eyebrow lazily at her. She bit down on her tongue hard and the pain was enough to remind her that she should not, under any circumstances, jump at him and kiss him senseless. She struggled to inhale a deep breath and cleared .

“Uhh... Anyeong.” She said lamely.

“Is there something you want?” He asked her, his tone somewhat harsh. He didn't mean to sound the way he did, but he couldn’t stop himself. Why did she have to come to his house in the middle of the night looking like that? He was supposed to feel anger, not lust!

“Please... let me tell you the rest of my story.” Haena pleaded, not wanting to hold off any longer. She just had to tell him before she lost her mind... and she knew it would be anytime soon...

SeungHo sighed. “I don’t know... I’m kinda tired...”

“Please oppa... please. Just 5 minutes...” Haena begged. She wanted to reach for his hand, but she was afraid that he might pull away, and she didn't think she would like that at all...

SeungHo finally gave in and nodded his head. They made their way to the bench at the front porch and Haena cleared once again. Where did she left off last time?

“What happened after we got married?” SeungHo asked in a quiet voice.

Haena nodded her head. “Right... so after we got married, they left us to ourselves for a little while. I knew his people were always following either me or you, but I pretended like nothing happened. Then, that one night, you came home with that mission.”

“I don’t know how, but my father knew of your mission. Then one day, when you weren’t home, his men came and brought me to him.” She continued. She looked at him, but he seemed to be looking somewhere else. Taking another deep breath, she resumed her story. “He told me that I had to do everything in my power to stop you from stealing that document. If I didn't, he would... kill you and Suri.”

SeungHo eyes flew to her face. He studied her face carefully and realised that she was speaking the truth. “Why didn't you tell me all this? Why did you go through all this alone?”

“Oppa, I couldn’t tell you...” Haena shook her head, the tears already blurring her vision. “I couldn’t tell you just like that. By then, it was too late to tell you anything so I thought I’d do it alone. But then I bumped into GO oppa...”

“What?” SeungHo asked sharply.

 “I told him everything. He was extremely angry and he told me to tell you, but I just couldn’t bring myself to explain everything. I didn't want to see your disappointment... I couldn’t bear it. So we came up with a plan...”

“What plan?” SeungHo asked. To say he was angry was an understatement. He was furious. How could his friend know everything about his wife and not him? How could she confide in his friend and not him?

“Before we went out that day to steal the document, I hid a pouch of chicken blood under my dress. All I had to do was just to break it open and it’ll look like it’s my blood. I knew my father’s army was waiting for us. I also knew that GO oppa had warned the government’s army that they should be on standby. At the time, he had secretly transferred to our area. When I heard a gunshot, I broke the pouch...”

“I... I don’t understand...” SeungHo said, shaking his head.

“Oppa, you fainted after I ‘died’, don’t you remember? Someone knocked you on the head. That was GO oppa... He had to do that. If not, how could I escape?”

SeungHo slowly nodded his head, realization literally slapping him in the face. So that was what happened... Suddenly he frowned and voiced out his question. “Why didn't he just kill me when he knew about my mission?”

Haena sighed. “If he killed you, I wouldn’t be of any use to him anymore... He wanted to use me, and he used you and Suri as bait...”

Silence ensued. She knew he needed time to think, she just hoped he can forgive her... She stared at him as he furrowed his brow in deep concentration. She knew she had never been good enough for him. How did she get so lucky?

“I suppose you never thought of seeing me again after what happened.” He finally said quietly.

“Oppa...” Haena said, reaching for his hand. “You’re right... but we’re here now... don’t you think it’s fate?”

“Haena...”

“Oppa, please forgive me...” Haena pleaded, her tears on the verge of falling freely from her eyes. “I know what I did isn’t right. I probably don’t even deserve your forgiveness but oppa, I love you. I don’t want to be apart from you any longer... please oppa...”

SeungHo shook his head and lowered his gaze. “I don’t know Haena. I don’t know if I’ll be able to trust you again...”

“Oppa, please...” Haena begged. She placed small kisses on his hands before reaching over to touch his face. “Oppa, please... I’ve missed you so much. I’ve missed Suri too... Oppa please...”

Once again, SeungHo shook his head and removed her hand from his face. “I don’t know Haena... Just... give me some time... Let me think this over...”

“Then you’ll let me know right?” Haena asked desperately.

“I’ll... let you know in a few days...” SeungHo replied dejectedly. He stood up and made his way to the door. He was about to go in when her question stopped him short.

“Don't you love me anymore?” 


 

Chapter Posted on: March. 14. 2012

ARGH!!!! *hide from stuff readers throw at me* SO sorry for this LATE update!!! I've been sooooo busy! But I hope my readers are still around!!!! I hope this chapter is satisfactory! Please enjoy! Sorry once again!