“Uhh... you haven’t turned vegetarian have you?”

Don't Let Go

“Suri sweetheart! I’m going to leave now ok? My phone number is on the fridge, and Mrs. Thomas will be here shortly. Please behave!” SeungHo said as soon as he descended the staircase. He glanced at his reflection in the mirror and smirked. Yang SeungHo, you are one handsome man... He thought smugly. He ran his hands on each side of his hair, tilting his face from left to right, admiring his new hair colour. It clashed perfectly with his pale skin and black suit and he smirked again. Sometimes, he thought, it’s tiring to be so good looking...

“WOW!” Suri gushed, appearing from the kitchen. She ran to her father and smiled widely. “Daddy! You look so handsome!”

“You think so? You don't think it’s too much?” SeungHo asked, second guessing himself. Maybe he went too far with the hair colour...

Suri shook her head, adoration in her eyes. “No daddy! You look perfect! If Miss Kim wasn’t in love with you before, she’ll surely be now!”

“Wait a minute! How did you know I’ll be going out with her?” SeungHo raised his eyebrow.

“Oh c’mon daddy! You never dress like this when you go play the piano at the hotel. And this small button thingy on your sleeves--”

“Cufflinks honey.”

“Yes that. You’ve never worn it before. No wait, you’ve never even worn a suit when you go to the hotel!” Suri exclaimed.

SeungHo laughed before ruffling her hair. “Ok fine. You got me. I’m going on a date with Miss Kim. Do I really look okay?”

Suri grinned before slapping her father’s arm lightly. “You look very handsome daddy. I’m glad everything worked out between you two.”

“Yeah well... so do I...” SeungHo smiled.

“Go daddy. You don't have to wait for Mrs. Thomas to come. I’ll be fine until then.” Suri said, urging her father to leave so she could have at least five minutes of freedom before Mrs. Thomas arrived.

“Are you sure?” SeungHo frowned. “No, maybe I should wait for her to come.”

“It’s ok daddy. You should go. You don't want to be late do you?” Suri asked. Then she furrowed her brow. “Wait a minute, you’re gonna pick her up right? Are you gonna walk?”

“Err... what choice do I have? We don't have a car...”

“Daddy! You should borrow Mrs. Thomas’ car!”

“The old jeep?” SeungHo said in horror before shaking his head. “No! That thing can’t even crawl properly!”

“Well, it’s not like you have any other choice daddy. It’s better that than walking right?”

“Wow SeungHo! Don't you look dashing!” Mrs. Thomas suddenly called out from the doorway. Both father and daughter turned to look and a smile made its way onto Suri’s face, before she ran to the old woman.

“Mrs. Thomas! Do you think you can let daddy borrow your car?”

“Borrow my car? For what?”

“To impress daddy’s date of course!”

Mrs. Thomas laughed and glanced at SeungHo playfully. “Darling, you’re not going to impress any lady with my old jeep.”

SeungHo grinned. “That’s what I told Suri!”

“Is she hot?”

“Super hot! Like Angelina Jolie.” Suri replied for her father. “C’mon daddy, it’s either the jeep or walking.”

“She’s right you know. You probably won’t impress her with the jeep, but at least you won’t be walking.” Mrs. Thomas said. She took out her keys and handed them to him. “Here. Have fun darling. She’s one lucky lady.”

“No, I don't think that’s how it is. I think I’m one lucky man.” SeungHo said softly. He kissed the old woman’s cheek and squeezed her shoulder gently. “Thanks again Mrs. Thomas. I owe you one. I’ll help you clean the garage next week.”

“That’s ok darling.” She said before she leaned in to whisper in his ear. “Oh, and it’s ok if you don't come back tonight. I already brought a change of clothes just in case.”

They exchanged secret smiles before SeungHo waved goodbye to his daughter. He was in front of G.O’s house in mere minutes, his bones rattling like crazy. It was not because of the jeep, it was due to his anxiety. He was fretting like a student about to sit for exam and he wasn’t even sure why. He was going out on a date with his wife, that was all. It was a perfectly normal situation. Maybe under any other circumstances it was normal, but not when it came to theirs. This was the first time in a very long time that he would be having dinner with his wife and he was nervous. Would she like his hair? Would she like the restaurant he booked? His eyes widened in horror. What if his wife became a vegetarian over the years? He had booked a steak house!

Unable to take it anymore, he stepped out of the jeep and took a deep breath. The heat in the jeep was stifling, and he welcomed the cool air that hit his face. He walked the pathway to the front door and braced himself before knocking on the door. A while later, the door opened and G.O came to view, an apron around his waist.

“Ahh! SeungHo! You’re here!” G.O said brightly. He knew all about them from Haena. There was no one happier than he when he heard that they made up. Haena had spent too long crying to herself at night and he had felt so helpless during those long nights. He didn't know what he could do to console her, he didn't know how to be useful for her. All he could do was lent her his shoulder, and wipe away her tears when she was done. To have such a genuine smile back on her face was like a ray of sunshine and he silently thanked the man standing before him for returning her smile. SeungHo was a generous man, but he didn't realise that his friend had a big heart as well...

“Is she done?” SeungHo asked nervously.

G.O chuckled. “Will you calm down man? Why are you so jittery? She’s your wife!”

“You know we haven’t done this in a long time.”

“I’m aware of that.” G.O grinned. Then he peeked over SeungHo’s shoulder and crossed his arms. “Did you arrive in that?”

SeungHo turned to look at the jeep before scratching the back of his head unsurely. “Uhh yeah. It’s not that bad is it?”

“It’s the worst!” G.O exclaimed in utter shock. He grabbed his car keys and shoved it in SeungHo’s hand. “Here. Take my car. Have fun with it. Just not too much fun ok? I don’t want to strip all the cover seats away. It’s freaking leather!”

“SeungHo...” Someone suddenly called out softly from behind G.O. He stepped to the side and grinned at Haena, mouthing ‘good luck’ to her, and running away, leaving the two of them alone.

She literally took his breath away. It was like someone knocked all wind out of him and he was nervous again, his mind taking him back to the first day they talked in the library. The feeling of fret was similar and he was unsure of what to do. He continued to stare at her, finding it difficult to look away, managing to tear his eyes away when she finally emitted a small laugh.

“Oppa, I think we should go before your eyes drop out.” She commented.

“Uhh... you haven’t turned vegetarian have you?” He blurted out.

“No, why?” She asked, confused.

SeungHo let out a breath and finally smiled. Well, that was one worry out of the way. He escorted her to the passenger side before sliding into the driver’s seat. He had to admit that he was glad G.O let him borrow his car. He didn't know how embarrassed he would be if they had to travel with that old jeep...

“G.O oppa let you borrow his car?” Haena asked. “He won’t even let me be within 10 cm of this car!”

“You know how he is.” SeungHo replied as he turned the corner. “You look beautiful sweetheart.”

“Thank you. So do you.” Haena giggled. “I love your hair colour... You look good with blond hair...”

SeungHo smiled to himself. That was another worry out of the way. It looks like the night was going to better than he imagined after all...

“Do you remember that time when Joon split his pants when he was trying to show off in front of that girl he likes?” Haena asked, laughing at the memory a few hours after dinner.

Dinner was great for the both of them. They managed to share a meal together which in itself, was surreal enough for SeungHo and Haena, let alone talking and laughing as they reminisced about their school days. They never dreamed they would ever see their significant other again and so they enjoyed the moment to the fullest, memorizing every little action they did to keep as memory... 

“Oh I know! He wouldn’t leave the dorm for days after that!” SeungHo laughed as they walked hand in hand along the water.

Haena watched him, mesmerized by the way his laugh sounded. It had been so long since she last heard it and her mind flew to the first time she heard it, the first time she saw him, the first time she fell in love with him... He was a handsome man, that was true, but what attracted her to him was his laughter, not his features. To be able to hear it again was like music to her and she wondered what he would do if she was to crash her lips on his. He wouldn’t pull away would he? Unconsciously, her eyes focused on his full pink lips and she gulped. They look so inviting! If she doesn’t stop thinking about it now, she might just kiss him senseless...

“Don't look at me like that.” SeungHo said quietly, a strain in his voice.

“What? Why not?”

“Because Haena, I don't know how much longer I can control myself.” He said through pursed lips. He grabbed her wrist then, and it sent a shiver down her spine. She was craving for him just as he was for her and she stepped a little closer, closing the gap in between them.

“Kiss me.” She whispered.

“I might not be able to stop if I start.” He said as if he was in pain.

“Then don't.”

He kissed her with all his might then, and wrapped his arms around her slender waist, crushing her form against his. Haena ran her fingers through his hair, thrilled at finding it soft despite the amount of gel he put. Their lips moved in a synchronized fashion, and their tongues battled. The kiss was fierce, with a hint of desperation. It was not a time for sweet and gentle kiss. Slowly, he pulled her down and gently placed her on the grass, hidden from view. He made sure not to crush her with his weight as he lay himself on top of her, their lips never detaching. He kissed her lips until he was satisfied, before moving on to her jaw and neck.

“Oppa...” She said breathlessly.  “We can’t do this here...”

“We’re not going anywhere.” He mumbled before nibbling her ear.

She pushed him away slightly and stared into his eyes. She could see how desperate he was for her and she grinned. “Let’s go home. No one is at home.”

SeungHo groaned. “It’s too far.”

“Oppa, G.O oppa never let me drive his car because I never drive below 100km per hour. I bet you I can take us home in five minutes.”

“Five minutes.” SeungHo said and pulled her up.

They arrived home in record time and did not waste any time turning on the lights, or locking the door. It was crazy, the amount of love they had for each other. But she was his wife, and he was her husband. Their love was special, and under the pale moonlight streaming in from the window, they shared their special love, soft whispers and contented sighs disturbing the serene night of Toronto...

“I love you...”

“I love you too oppa...”


Chapter Posted on: Jun. 23. 2013

Another chapter is up! =D Hope you guys like it! Next chapter would be the last chapter... sob sob. I'm sad that it's ending soon but I also can't wait to end it! Anyways, please enjoy! thanks again for subscribing and commenting! Keep them coming ok? ^^