“Oh really? So she came up with the plan all by herself?”

Don't Let Go

“Mr. Yang? Mr. Yang?” Mrs. Jackson called over and over again.

“Huh?” SeungHo said, startled out of his reverie. He knew he was supposed to keep an eye on the children, but he just could not stop staring at the woman standing just a few feet away from him. It was silly, he knew, to pine for someone that was already his. But what was he supposed to do? Take it slow, that was what they promised each other...

“Mr. Yang. Suri’s asking for you.” Mrs. Jackson told him.

His brow furrowed. “Didn't she go to the restroom with you?”

“Yes, but she wouldn’t leave and told me to come get you.” She said again before walking away.

SeungHo stood up from the bench and made his way towards the restroom, wondering what his daughter was up to now. She was rarely one to put up a fuss. She was up to something, he just knew it...

“Daddy! Finally! I thought you were never going to come!” Suri exclaimed, quickly grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the side of the restroom, hidden from view.

“Suri, what’s going on?” SeungHo crossed his arms.

Suri merely grinned at her father and forced him to bend down, so she could whisper in his ear.

“Daddy... I know something’s going on between you and Miss Kim.” She said in a sing-song voice, the smile never leaving her face.

SeungHo stared at his daughter, trying his best to keep his face as void of emotion as possible. How did she know that? Was he being too obvious earlier with all the staring?

“I don't know what you’re talking about.” He finally said.

She raised her eyebrow at him. “C’mon daddy, you don't have to pretend with me. Now do you want my help or not?”

So his daughter wanted to help him in the love department? He never thought he’d live to see the day... But then again, it would be interesting to know what she had planned...

“What do you have in mind?” He said at last.

Her smile grew and she clapped her hands, excited. “Yes! I knew it! Ok, we’ll do it like this. You wait here, and I’ll go get Miss Kim.”

“Really? That’s your plan?” He said, looking doubtfully at his daughter. He could’ve thought of that...

“Well, do you have a better plan?” She asked expectantly.

“Uhh... ok. But... here? It’s not very romantic is it?” SeungHo said, gesturing at the restroom beside him. He inwardly sighed. If he was being totally honest with himself, he sounded pretty damn desperate to have accepted his daughter’s help. But she wanted to help, and it wasn’t as if he had a better idea anyway... He decided that it didn't matter whose idea it was, as long as he could be alone with his wife, even for a little while...

Suri tapped her chin thoughtfully. “You know what, you’re right. Hmm... then how about... Rabbit Land? Yes! You wait there and I’ll get her to go there... somehow. And don’t worry about being seen, since the class already went to the place just now.” She informed with a grin. “Ok daddy? Quickly go there! I’ll go see Miss Kim.”

“Yah Yang Suri!” SeungHo called out before she could run away. “Just because you’re helping me with my love life, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you with yours!”

“Arasso daddy!” She said with a laugh. Her father was being ridiculous. She was just 8 for goodness sake. And besides, she didn't want just anyone, she wanted someone like daddy. She wanted someone who was kind, someone who had a beautiful laugh like her father. She loved the way he laughed. She needed Miss Kim to be his girlfriend fast, so she could hear his laugh every day, and get away with some sort of mischief every now and then...

“Miss Kim!” She said as she saw her teacher. Oh no, what sort of excuse could she come up with?

“Ahh! Suri! Where have you been?” Miss Kim asked, her hands on her hip. “Have you seen your father? He’s nowhere to be seen!”

“Oh, daddy went to the restroom.” Suri said before grabbing her hand. “Miss Kim, can you help me with something?”

“What is it darling?”

“Miss Kim... I think I lost my phone.” She said, trying to sound as sad as possible.

“You brought a phone? You know you’re not supposed to bring anything like that even on a class trip!” Miss Kim reprimanded her.

Just the reaction she was looking for. Suri pouted and stared at her feet. “I know... I’m sorry. I think I left it at Rabbit Land. Please Miss Kim, can you go find it before daddy comes back from the restroom? If he knew I lost it, he’ll yell at me for sure.”

Her teacher made a ‘hmph’ sound, and tapped her foot impatiently. “I have to tend to Harry’s wound, I’ll ask Mrs. Smith to go look for it.”

“No no!” Suri exclaimed, grabbing her teacher’s hand in a state of panic. This was not what she had in mind. “No Miss Kim! Is that a band-aid in your hand? Let me take that. I’ll put it on Harry’s wound. You go find my phone ok? Hurry! Before daddy comes back!” She said and literally pushed her away before she could ask any other question.

She watched as her teacher walked towards Rabbit Land, a soft smile on her face. She hoped everything worked out well. She was tired of being the centre of her daddy’s universe. It was nice sometimes, but it was starting to be really suffocating... She thought it was time daddy finds a wife, and who better than Miss Kim?

SeungHo fixed his cap over and over again, a brown rabbit resting lazily in its burrow by his feet. It focused its eyes on SeungHo, as if it too, was anticipating the little rendezvous the man was about to have with his wife. SeungHo rubbed his hands together, and suddenly let out an incredulous laugh, causing the rabbit to scurry away towards the corner. He was a nervous wreck. What were they going to do once she reached? What was he supposed to say? He realised that he had forgiven his wife much too easily. After all, she had kept so many things a secret, she had even lied to him. But the anger he felt was starting to annoy him, especially when he wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her. So he decided to let it go and trust in her again, because he knew this time around, there was nothing else she was keeping from him, that he was sure of...

“Omo... SeungHo oppa!” Haena squeaked. Wasn’t he in the restroom? What was he doing here then? Unless...

“Wow. Can’t believe she actually managed to bring you here. You know, our daughter is too smart for her own good...” SeungHo said as he stood in front of her.

“What?” Haena’s brow creased. “What are you talking about? Did you tell her to do this? She told me she left her phone here!”

“She doesn’t have a phone.” SeungHo said with a smile. “And let me tell you that this was her idea, not mine.”

Haena raised her eyebrow. “Oh really? So she came up with the plan all by herself?”

“Yes she did. Told you she was smart.” SeungHo replied before grabbing her hand and pulling her closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on the crook of her neck, the vanilla scent of her skin clouding his senses. “I’ve wanted to do this for so long...” He murmured against her soft skin.

“Oppa...” Haena whispered just as softly. “We shouldn’t do this... Not here... What if my students see us?”

“Shut up and just let me hold you for a minute...” SeungHo breathed. “I’ve missed you... so much. You have no idea how much it pained me to be so close to you, yet so far...”

Haena giggled. “I think we can safely say that I’m in much of the same position as you are oppa...”

“Really?” SeungHo said almost hopefully. He dragged her towards a nearby tree and after making sure that they were hidden from public view, he planted a kiss on her lips, igniting every single fibre in his being, if that was even possible...

The kiss, though it didn't last very long, was enough to send him to cloud nine. This was the second time he kissed her since they made up, and it was just not enough. He wanted to kiss her every day, he wanted to hold her in his arms every day. There was something that needed to be done...

“Sweetheart, we need to tell Suri.” SeungHo said after pulling away for oxygen.

“Tell her what?” Haena asked in a daze.

“Tell her that you’re my wife. Tell her that her mother never actually died. Tell her that because of the war, we got separated. We don't have to tell her about... that.” He said, knowing she understood what he meant.

Haena bit her lip nervously. “Are you sure? What if... I’m scared oppa. What if she won’t forgive me?”

SeungHo cupped her face lovingly. “She will. She’s a smart kid Haena. Besides, like I said, we don't have to tell her everything. She doesn’t have to know everything. All she needed to know is that you’re her mother... her biological mother...”

Haena stared at SeungHo, deep in thought. It didn't seem like such a bad idea. In fact, it seemed to be the only way for her to be with SeungHo freely. Yes, there was no harm in telling her. At least, she could stop hoping and they could live happily ever after right?

She finally smiled at him and nodded her head. “Ok. Let’s tell her. But first, you must go out on a date with me this Saturday night.”

SeungHo chuckled and dropped a kiss on her cheek. “A date? Just the two of us? Sounds good... I’ll be looking forward to that Haena sshi.”

“Awesome.” She grinned before grabbing his hand. “C’mon, we need to go back to the others before they wonder where we went...”

SeungHo allowed himself to be pulled along, already excited about Saturday night. What should he get her? Chocolate? Flowers? She had always loved tulips. Maybe he’ll get her some tulips... That’ll definitely put a smile on her face... Yup, tulips it is... 

 


Chapter Posted on: Jun. 7. 2013

Another chapter is up! =D Fast update huh? Hahaha... Hope you guys like it! Isn't Suri just a smart girl? LOL. Please enjoy! And please drop me some comments ok? Would be greatly appreciated! =D Thanks! ^^