Chapter 15

Don't call

Soonyoung parked his car and turned off the engine.

 

Why are we here?” Mingyu looked at the sign of the W8 club, the lights still turned off. It was too early for it to be open.

 

I had a phone call from Woozi. He asked me to meet him here.”

 

And you agreed!?”

 

We're here, aren't we?”

 

That's another thing. Why are we here? Why am I here?”

 

Of course I'm not stupid enough to agree to meet him by myself. He didn't expect me to. He told me to bring one person and he would only have one other person present as well. If I'm right it will either be Jeonghan or The8, but in this case probably The8. Jihoon uses him if he wants to come across as intimidating.”

 

So why did you bring me and not Seungcheol? He's the muscle of our group.”

 

Soonyoung looked at his friend and smiled, “Because if I have your pretty face with me things are less likely to become violent. Now,” he unbuckled his seat belt and opened the door, “Let's go.”

 

Mingyu, not sure what Soonyoung had meant, followed him inside. They found Minghao already waiting for them and he lead them to Jihoon's office without saying a word. Jihoon was sitting behind his desk, but got up when they entered and walked around his desk to face them.

 

What do you want, Woozi?” Soonyoung asked with impatience in his voice.

 

Before I tell you, I need you to answer me. The other night when you were here you said that I can't keep my own people safe. What did you mean by that?”

 

Soonyoung hadn't expected that question, “Just...we heard about one of you getting drugged here.”

 

You heard? From who?”

 

What is this about? Did you call me here to interrogate me or something?”

 

Just answer the question.” He forced himself to smile, “Please.” he added in the friendliest voice he could muster.

 

Soonyoung, never having seen this man try this hard to come across as anything but a cold-hearted , decided it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to just answer his question, “Well, even though we were there too that night we didn't actually notice anything going on. But the Carrots saw Jeonghan acting weird and you guys taking him to the back. Probably drugs.”

 

Jihoon looked him straight in the eye, Soonyoung looked right back. “Fine. I believe you. For now.” Jihoon still wasn't convinced it wasn't the Carrots who did it in the first place, but he believed the man standing in front of him right now was telling the truth. Or what he thought was the truth anyway.

 

Is that supposed to be of some sort of value to me?” Soonyoung questioned, “I don't really care whether you believe me or not.”

 

And I don't care if you care that I believe you.” Jihoon sighed, he was getting side-tracked. He took a breath, already regretting what he was about to offer. “As for why I called you here. First of, I don't like you. All of you rub me the wrong way. You especially. But-”

 

Well I don't like you either!” Soonyoung retorted immediately.

 

Jihoon breathed out slowly through his nose. He hoped Wonwoo knew what he was going through having to deal with this idiot. “BUT, I don't go and make a habit of screwing people over just because I can. I had some guys digging for dirt on you and your family and-”

 

So it was you!?”

 

Jihoon pinched the bridge of his nose, “This. This is why I don't like you. Are you incapable of shutting up and letting other people talk?”

 

Fine, go ahead, talk and piss me off some more. Just remember who you're talking to.”

 

A bastard who got lucky that his of a mother got boned by a rich guy?”

 

Soonyoung shot forward and grabbed Jihoon by his shirt. Minghao reacted immediately, but Jihoon held up his hand, telling him it was okay.

 

They were locked in a battle of staring at each other until Soonyoung let go and took a step back. Slowly, not taking his eyes off of him, Jihoon straightened out his shirt.

 

I suggest you let me finish talking. Next time I won't show this level of restraint.”

 

Soonyoung clicked his tongue, annoyed at himself for getting stared down by the smaller man. But there was something in his eyes that send shivers down his spines.

 

As I was saying. I was looking for something I could potentially use against you if the need would ever arise, but, to my knowledge, we hadn't found anything of great interest yet. I never gave the go ahead to leak this information. Why would I do that? Making this information public, just like that, has no use for me. What do I get out of it?”

 

So? I'm supposed to believe you had people digging for dirt, but that it weren't your people who told the press?”

 

I don't really care what you believe, I just wanted to let you know this and that, regardless of who it is, I will find out who leaked this information and deal with them accordingly.”

 

So this meeting is what? A public service announcement? You called me here to let me know that you know and basically that you're pissed because you wanted to have that information first but didn't get a chance to use it against me before someone made it public?”

 

Jihoon nodded his head, “Basically. It bothers me that someone would just throw away possibly valuable intel like that.”

 

That's ed up.”

 

Jihoon shrugged. “Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm taking care of things. That's all. You may leave now.”

 

Soonyoung scoffed, “Yeah, no. I'm supposed to believe you on your word and pretty eyes that you didn't leak this info and that you're going to find out who did? Why would you even bother to tell me? Why not just do it? Being nice, if you can call this nice, isn't exactly your M-O.”

 

Let's just say I'm trying something...different.”

 

Ooh, wait a minute. I see what's going on here. You've noticed that Rubies and Carrots have gotten closer and you're threatened so now you're trying to get in our good graces.”

 

Jihoon let out a loud laugh, “Like I'd be threatened by a bunch of idiots banning together. Besides, from what I've seen the glue is a romance between two of you and I don't believe in romance. It's very Romeo and Juliet and if you remember, they died.”

 

Aren't you a bit young to be a bitter old man?”

 

Jihoon stood up straight and got closer to Soonyoung's face again. Mingyu had enough of this tense situation and pulled on his friend's arm, “Come on, let's just go. This isn't getting us anywhere.”

 

Soonyoung shrugged Mingyu's hand away, “No, I'm not done here. I'm not buying whatever it is you're trying to sell to me, Woozi. It's like you're sort of sorry about what happened, but at the same time you make it seem like you don't give a , but you do want to know who did it? And you seem to think that doing this, that 'taking care of things' is some sort of favor to me? I think you're just trying to cover your seeing it was most likely one of your guys and you don't want me to get pissed off and close your club down or have you investigated for all the shady that goes on in this place. Your wife gets drugged, people get harassed, more drugs probably flow around in this club than in the veins of an addict, and now you can't even seem to control what your own people do behind your back. You really have a handle on things around here, don't you?”

 

Even if it was someone somehow associated to me, I have zero-tolerance for getting screwed over and they'd be sure to pay for their mistake of underestimating me.”

 

Whatever, tough guy. If it wasn't for your scary Chinese side-kick over there, doing most of the dirty work, or your father's reputation and support, you'd never be as big as you are!”

 

As opposed to you and your friends? All the privilege in the world and you're still all a bunch of messed up losers.”

 

Jihoon had to remind himself that he called them here because of the talk he had with Wonwoo, about how he was losing his way. Yelling and throwing around threats and insults hadn't been the point. He counted to three and calmed himself down. “Excuse me for getting side-tracked again, but you annoy me, so it can't be helped. As I already said, I am going to find out who did it and deal with them. I'm not doing this as a courtesy to you in any way, but, since this is something we probably both want can you accept it as a way for me to show that I'm sick and tired of fighting with the Rubies. And the Carrots for that matter. I'm not saying that I want us to be friends, this is highly unlikely anyway, but if we can just...call a truce or something.”

 

Nu-uh, no.” Soonyoung shook his head.

 

Nu-uh?”

 

Forget the whole truce thing for a moment, that you clearly only want because you find yourself outnumbered, but if you can't even be sure if it was one of your guys, why should I trust that you'll be able to find out? Or that you will in fact 'deal with them accordingly'? What if I want to talk to the guy myself? I might want to like...sue them for defamation or something.”

 

Jihoon scoffed, “Sue them? I'm not talking about taking legal action here. Besides, you can't sue someone for defamation if what they said is true. Just because it was supposed to stay a secret doesn't mean your mother didn't easily give you up for money, or that-”

 

To everyone's surprise Jihoon fell back against his desk, barely managing to keep himself from falling in time. Soonyoung stared at Mingyu with wide eyes. His friend had just stepped forward and punched Jihoon right in the face. He nodded approvingly, “Nice.”

 

Jihoon wiped the corner of his mouth and looked sideways at Minghao, who hadn't been in time to block Mingyu's punch and was now staring at him with a look of anger or arousal, Jihoon wasn't sure. Either way he was pissed off at everyone in the room now. “Next time,” he hissed at Minghao, “react faster instead of thinking with your or whatever the you were thinking about when someone tries to hit me.”

 

Soonyoung laughed, “He didn't try to hit you, Woozi.”

 

Jihoon jumped up, grabbed Soonyoung by the shirt and pulled him close, “Oh yeah? How about I punch you?”

 

I'd like to see you try!”

 

They were so close their foreheads were almost touching. They could feel each other's breath on their faces. They both felt the tension between them, but it was a different kind of tension than before. Or maybe it had always been this kind of tension. The kind that made Jihoon say, “The8 step outside for a bit, take the tall one with you.”

 

<>

 

Now that Soonyoung and Mingyu were gone, the remaining four were left in an awkward silence.

 

So, ehm...” Seungkwan started to says as he looked between Seungcheol and Jisoo, “Are you two-”

 

Let's go out to dinner!” Seungcheol all but jumped up from the couch and exclaimed, “Seungkwan, remember that Italian restaurant that you like? It'll be my treat. Great, okay, let's go!” He marched to the door and after questioning looks and shrugs the other three followed.

 

The dinner itself was quite nice. No-one brought up what Seungcheol and Jisoo had been doing and Seungkwan only checked his phone ten times to see if he had any messages from either Soonyoung or Mingyu. It was unfortunate that this evening had to take such a bad turn.

 

They were leaving the restaurant and walking to the car when Hansol almost bumped into Seungkwan, “Wow, watch it Boo Seungkwan, why did you stop?” He looked up and saw Seungkwan staring straight ahead to a man who was staring back at him. Hansol didn't need to ask who this man was. His eyes were similar to Seungkwan, although much colder. He grabbed Seungkwan's hand to let him know he was there for him. The man's mouth twitched and he looked at them with disgust.

 

Seungcheol stepped forward and reached out his hand,”Mr. Boo. Good evening, long time no see.”

 

With some hesitation Seungkwan's father shook his hand, “Yes, indeed. How have you been? I heard you won the regional college wrestling competition recently. Very good.”

 

Yes, sir.”

 

I can't believe he's just talking to him.” Hansol whispered to Jisoo, who was now standing next to him.

 

I think he's just trying to defuse the situation before anything can happen. Maybe we should just get in the car.”

 

Hansol nodded, “Come on, Seungkwan. Let's get in the car. Babe?” But Seungkwan was like stone. Not moving and just staring straight ahead. Hansol looked back at the man who was talking to Seungcheol like the son he kicked out for being gay wasn't standing right there. He could feel his own anger rising the more he looked at him, but he still tried to get Seungkwan to move away from the scene. It was at this time that his father threw a glance their way.

 

Seungcheol, I don't understand why you're still associating yourself with him.” His voice was slightly louder then before, like he wanted Seungkwan to hear. He sighed. “I often wished he had been more like you. Athletic, masculine. Not so soft.”

 

No so...gay? Sir?” Seungcheol's eyes looked at Seungkwan's father with pure disdain. The man cringed at the sound of the word gay, but Seungcheol wasn't done. “You know, sir. An argument can be made for me being more athletic than Seungkwan. Or more masculine. In the traditional definition of that word anyway. But...” He walked over to Jisoo with a look on his face that Jisoo had never seen before, like he was overly confident and sure of himself and what he was about to do. Jisoo was shocked when Seungcheol grabbed him by the waist and kissed him. He pulled away, letting go of Jisoo's waist, and turned back to face Seungkwan's father. “...not any less gay though.”

 

H-how dare you! Aren't you ashamed of yourself?!” He looked away from Seungcheol and took a step in his son's direction, “Are you pleased with yourself, Seungkwan? Pleased at what your sickness is doing to those that are blinded by pathetic feelings of friendship for you! You disgust me. You were always weak and it fills me with nothing but regret and disgrace that I once called you my son. I'm only allowing you to finish college for your mother's sake! If I had my way you would get nothing from me! NOTHING!

 

Seungkwan felt the loss of Hansol's warm fingers and before he could register what was happening Hansol had launched forward and punched his father in the face. The man fell back onto the pavement. Hansol lifted him up with one hand and raised his other, ready to strike again. But he was stopped by someone pulling on his arm, “Hansol, don't! Please!” Seungkwan continued to try to pull him away, tears in his eyes. “Please. Stop.”

 

Hansol, breathing heavily, slowly released his grip on the man's shirt and stepped away. They watched as he scrambled back to his feet, his face entangled with anger. “This is why you threw away your whole future? An aggressive, poor, nobody? And what will you do when he's had enough of you? Do you really think this relationship of yours will last? I'm sure you think he just punched me out of love for you, but don't fool yourself. He'll leave you once he realizes that you have nothing to offer. I'm surprised he didn't leave you as soon as we cut you off.”

 

Seungcheol and Hansol were both about to step in again when Seungkwan took a step forward instead, “Shut up!”

 

Excuse me?” His father narrowed his eyes.

 

The only disgrace here is YOU! You're ashamed because I am your son? Well, I'm mortified that you are my father! I'd rather be a soft gay boy than an old, bitter man who at the end of his life will come to realize that he has nothing of true value! The only reason people will come to your funeral is to see if you left them anything in your will!” He turned around, “Guys, let's go!” He opened the car door, but before he got in turned around again. “Oh, and another thing. I'm not athletic? I'm incredible at basketball and my squad won countless of cheer competitions! You can complain about me not being athletic after you climb on top of a pyramid or pull off a Double Full Basket!” He pushed Hansol into the car onto the backseat, got in next to him and slammed the door shut. He was still huffing with adrenaline and rage.

 

Seungkwan? What's a Double Full Basket?” Hansol asked. Seungkwan looked at him and blinked. If this was a strategy to make him feel better by asking him a ridiculously timed question it worked, although only for a moment. Seungkwan started laughing, but soon broke down in tears. Hansol quickly put his arms around him and let him cry on his chest silently.

 

While Seungkwan and Hansol sat in the back, Seungcheol cleared his throat and talked to Jisoo in a low voice, “About before...I'm sorry I just...I was making a point.”

 

Jisoo smiled, “That's okay. Bro.”

 

<>

 

Seungcheol had driven them back to Soonyoung's and Seungkwan's place. Despite all the events that just went down they hadn't forgotten about the fact two of their own were out somewhere doing God knows what after a mysterious phone call. Seungkwan took Hansol to the kitchen so they could put some ice on his hand.

 

Is your hand okay? Are you sure we don't have to go to the hospital?”

 

Yeah, it's fine.” Hansol replied with a soft smile.

 

I can't believe you punched my father.”

 

I can't believe that's all I did. Why did you stop me?”

 

Not for his sake, I assure you. If you had done any more he'd definitely get you arrested. He still might to be honest.”

 

Whatever.”

 

Not whatever. What if you end up in jail?”

 

You'd miss me?”

 

Seungkwan wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck, “What kind of question is that? Of course I would.” He leaned in and placed a kiss on his lips. Hansol gently his hair with his other hand.

 

Seungkwan, you know nothing your father said is true, right? About you, about me, nothing.”

 

Seungkwan nodded, “Yeah, I guess I know.”

 

I love you.”

 

I love you too. Will you stay here with me tonight?”

 

Of course.”

 

Good. Come on.” He took Hansol by the hand and lead him out of the kitchen. “Let us know if those two idiots show up.” he said to Jisoo and Seungcheol, who were sitting on the living room couch, as he continued to lead Hansol to his bedroom.

 

They installed themselves on Seungkwan's bed, nice and warm under the covers in each other's arm.

 

Hansol?”

 

Hmm?”

 

Can we talk about what happened earlier?”

 

Your dad? I thought we just talked about it?”

 

Not that...before I got the call about Soon and I was at your hangout and-”

 

Oh you mean about how you were high? Man a lot of happened today.”

 

Actually, what I want to talk about is how you reacted to me being high. Were you mad?”

 

Not at you. Chan shouldn't give you drugs.”

 

It's not like he offered to shoot heroin into my eye balls. We just got high a little.”

 

I just don't like to see you take drugs.”

 

Are you telling me you never got high? I find that hard to believe.”

 

Of course I've gotten high. It's not about that. It's about you and...I'm just worried.”

 

I'm not a baby, Hansol.”

 

Yeah, well, what if you start taking other drugs again too?”

 

What do you mean again?”

 

Hansol sat up and waited for Seungkwan to do the same so he could look at him properly while talking, “Okay, don't get mad, but that night at the club, Soonyoung was pretty drunk and I know he just talks about anything when he's drunk so I asked him some questions...”

 

Seungkwan looked at him with narrow eyes, “What kind of questions?”

 

About you...about...your past I guess.”

 

That's real classy, Hansol. If you want to know anything try asking me.”

 

Oh yeah? You're like a closed book sometimes, Boo! Would you really have told me about how you used to be on drugs or about that dude you had with?”

 

Wow, nice. So when my friends get drunk you just go around and ask them about who I've had with?”

 

No, of course not! I wouldn't have even asked anything at all if it wasn't for Seungcheol!”

 

What is that supposed to mean?”

 

He...” Hansol had really hoped to never bring it up, let it go, but he wasn't going to be the only one in trouble right now. “He showed up at my work that day. He offered me money to dump you. I refused, of course! But then he said he wasn't sure if I was just another one of your bad decisions, so I got curious about what kind of bad decisions you had made...”

 

Did he also offer you money to ask me to move out?”

 

What? No, he didn't. And implying that I would take that kind of money is insulting. And if you remember it was you who made the final decision to move out and move in here!” Hansol got up from the bed and stared down at Seungkwan, “I admit that I didn't handle the situation perfectly, but I just wanted to know you better. I just want to protect you and I feel like I'm completely useless. Just look at tonight. All I could do was use my fists and-” He didn't finish his sentence. Seungkwan's father might have been wrong about him ever wanting to leave him, but the comment about him being a poor nobody might have hit a bit closer to home than he cared to admit.

 

Seungkwan took a deep breath and took one of Hansol's hands. “I don't want to fight. Not tonight. I'm already at my limit. I don't like what you did, but you're probably right. I wouldn't have told you any of those things. Do you think I'd want you to know the most embarrassing things about me? That I was so weak and desperate to please my parents that I took drugs to try and get the best results? Or that I was so easily manipulated and needy for love that I let some guy use me like that?”

 

Hansol sat back down onto the bed, “I'm sorry, Seungkwan. I promise the next time I want to know something about you, I will ask you.”

 

Seungkwan sighed and nodded, “Okay. We can talk more about it later if you want, but right now I'm too exhausted. Can we please get back to cuddling now before our peace is disrupted by more drama?”

 

Of course.”

 

It didn't take long before Seungkwan broke the peaceful silence himself, “Can we talk about one more thing that happened today?”

 

What?”

 

Seungcheol kissing Jisoo. Where did that come from? I mean, I suspected he had a crush on him, but Seungcheol usually never makes the first move.”

 

He didn't.” Hansol said with a sly smile.

 

What?”

 

About two weeks ago Jisoo kissed him.”

 

Seungkwan shot up and gasped, “Shut up! No way!”

 

...but Seungcheol called him bro.”

 

Seungkwan groaned and fell back down onto Hansol's chest, “That does sound like him, yes. Idiot.”

 

Seungkwan, do you think he really likes Jisoo? Jisoo is like my brother and he really is a good guy, I don't want him to get hurt.”

 

Seungkwan thought about that for a moment, “He hasn't specifically told me that he likes Jisoo like that, but I think he does. I wouldn't worry too much about Jisoo getting hurt by him. Seungcheol has his flaws for sure, but when it comes to being boyfriend material he's probably the best one out of all of us.”

 

For some people maybe. You are the best boyfriend material for me.” Hansol tightened his grip around Seungkwan.

 

Cheesy.”

 

I'm serious. Only the best material can create an like yours.”

 

Seungkwan sighed, “Am I just to you?” he asked with a melodramatic flair.

 

Please, you love that I love your .”

 

If you don't stop talking I'm going to love your .”

 

You can't threaten me with something that I want, Boo Seungkwan. If you want my , come and get it.”

 

<>

 

Although both of them had started and deleted multiple messages, Seungcheol and Jisoo hadn't actually met in person since the infamous 'bro' kiss. Earlier on the day, Jisoo was just about finished proofreading an article for the college newspaper when a certain someone walked through the door holding two coffees, “Hey, time for a break I brought you some- Oh, sorry...I was expecting Seungkwan. Is he not here?”

 

Jisoo got up from behind the desk that was normally occupied by Seungkwan, “He already left. I offered to take some of the work off his hands.” He stood in front of Seungcheol and reached out his hand, “But I'll take a coffee if you have an extra.”

 

Seungcheol handed over the coffee that he had intended to give to Seungkwan and sipped at his own drink, looking everywhere but Jisoo's direction. “So, ehm, good to be back?”

 

Better now you're here. Jisoo, reminding himself of the last time he flirted with Seungcheol, just nodded and said, “Yeah, real good.”

 

Good, that's good.” He took another sip from his coffee and grimaced, “You know what's not good? This coffee. Do you want to go get some real coffee? I know a place.”

 

Jisoo, although surprised by the sudden invitation, smiled, “Sure. Let's go.”

 

They had been driving in Seungcheol's car, mostly in silence, when he had gotten a call from Mingyu asking him to come over right away. And now, what seemed like an eternity later with everything that had happened in between, they were sitting on the couch in Soonyoung's living room. Seungkwan and Hansol in the other room, Mingyu and Soonyoung still out.

 

Thank you for dinner.” Jisoo broke the silence.

 

Sorry the ending wasn't so great.”

 

Jisoo shook his head, “That's not your fault. I mean what were the odds we'd run into Seungkwan's father.”

 

Yeah...”

 

Do you think he's okay? Seungkwan, I mean.”

 

Seungcheol sighed and stared at the closed bedroom door, “I think he'll be okay. He has Hansol, he has us. And that's more he had the last time he had a run in with his dad...”

 

Jisoo could tell Seungcheol was still beating himself up over how he and the other Rubies had treated Seungkwan when they found out about him and Hansol. He placed a hand on his knee in an attempt to comfort him. Seungcheol looked at Jisoo's hand and looked up at him. Their eyes met. Jisoo inhaled and removed his hand quickly. Seungcheol looked away. “Seungcheol?” Jisoo asked, some hesitance in his voice, “Did you really just kiss me to make a point to Seungkwan's dad? Would anyone have sufficed for that?”

 

I, ehm...”

 

I'm asking because, well, honestly you're sending me a lot of mixed signals and I'm not sure where we stand. Do you like me?”

 

Seungcheol still wasn't looking at Jisoo, instead he was staring at his hands that he had in his lap, “Sure, I like you.” He was startled when Jisoo took one of his hands.

 

Seungcheol, I mean, do you like me?”

 

Seungcheol didn't answer. Jisoo didn't ask again. During the silence they could hear raised voices coming from Seungkwan's bedroom. After a few moments Seungcheol looked over, “Do you think they're fighting? Maybe we should check.”

 

Jisoo sighed and pulled his hand back. “They're probably fine. Besides it's private.” He stood up from the couch, “I think I'm just going to go. Hansol is probably going to spend the night with Seungkwan anyway and there's really no need for me to-”

 

Seungcheol stood up too. He did it in such an abrupt manner that it startled Jisoo and he almost fell over, but Seungcheol was fast and grabbed him by the arm to steady him. Jisoo stared at him. “You're doing it again. The mixed signals.”

 

Seungcheol let go and sat back down with a big sigh, “I know. I just don't really know what to say.”

 

Jisoo sat back down too. “Is it that hard to decide whether you like me or not? Doesn't that just mean that you don't?”

 

It's not just that. I...not that long ago I gave Seungkwan crap for being with someone outside our group. I gave Hansol crap for being with someone inside our group. How can I just go and say that I like like you.”

 

In case you haven't noticed, our two groups are doing a pretty good job at being friendly with each other nowadays. It's not so hard. If you like me, just say it. Just like this...” He reached out and gently used two fingers to lift Seungcheol's chin so he would look at him, “Seungcheol, I-” He stopped, distracted by more sounds coming from the bedroom. Seungcheol smiled awkwardly, “It sounds like they made up.”

 

Jisoo nodded, “Or are in the midst of making up anyway...” He chuckled and let go of Seungcheol's face, but he didn't look away. Neither of them did. The smile faded from Jisoo's face as he stared into Seungcheol's eyes. He felt the butterflies in his stomach going crazy.

 

I like you.” They both spoke at the same time and smiled, or giggled to be more precise. Seungcheol leaned in and for the first time they shared a kiss that felt like a real kiss. A proper kiss. Jisoo leaned back into the couch, pulling Seungcheol down with him. He tangled his fingers in his hair and let him explore his mouth with his tongue. He hadn't realized just how much he had wanted to do this. He wasn't ready when the man on top of him pulled away. It was too soon.

 

Seungcheol sat back up, “No, sorry, I can't do this.”

 

Oh...”

 

No, , wait. Don't misunderstand. I don't mean this as in what we were doing. I just mean I can't kiss you with the sound of those two going at it in the background.” He glared at the door, “I have to admit it's a surprise Hansol is the loud one though.”

 

Jisoo laughed, “Maybe for now, you and I can go and get something to drink in the kitchen. Or make out on a kitchen counter. Your choice.”

 

<>

 

Mingyu threw open the kitchen door, making Seungcheol and Jisoo jump and untangle themselves with red faces. Mingyu didn't even seem to notice that he had just walked in on them making out, “Oh good, you're here. Where's Seungkwan?” He stormed out of the kitchen again. Seungcheol followed him, while he was running a hand through his hair because it was probably looking a mess, he saw Soonyoung was also home. Albeit a lot less stressed out than Mingyu seemed to be.

 

What's going on?”

 

Soonyoung didn't reply, but instead looked at Mingyu throwing open Seungkwan's bedroom door and getting hit in the face with a pillow, “Seungkwan, tell Hansol to put on some clothes and come out here! It's important!”

 

Mingyu, stop being so dramatic, please.” Soonyoung said as he sat down in one of the chairs.

 

I'm not being dramatic!”

 

Seungkwan walked out of his bedroom with messier hair than Seungcheol's and looked at him with a question mark on his face. Seungcheol shrugged as he had as much of an idea of what was going on as he did.

 

You guys won't believe what just happened! I don't even believe it!” Mingyu said, almost yelling.

 

What happened to your hand?” Hansol, who walked out still pulling a shirt over his head and half suppressing a yawn, asked.

 

What happened to yours?” Soonyoung asked, eying Hansol's own hand.

 

I punched Seungkwan's dad.”

 

Well I punched Woozi, but what I really need to tell you guys is- Wait, what!?”

 

Why did you punch Seungkwan's dad?” Soonyoung asked, “No, scratch that. I get why. When and where?”

 

Don't try to change the subject!” Mingyu yelled at him before turning to Seungkwan, “Seungkwan, we will definitely talk about what happened with your dad if you want, but if it's okay I really need to talk about what happened with us first or I might explode!”

 

Seungkwan gestured with his hand to tell him to go ahead and Mingyu was about to start talking when he was interrupted by Soonyoung, “You're going to make a far bigger deal out of everything than it is. I'll tell them.”