Chapter 10

Don't call

Jisoo opened the door and stared right into a pair of eyes he recognized as belonging to one of Seungkwan's rude friends, S.Coups. Without saying a word the three Rubies walked past Jisoo and into the living room. Chan and Jun were on their feet immediately. Seungcheol smirked at them and cocked his head to the side, “Relax. We're not here for trouble.”

 

Well you can't just barge in here, who do you think you are?” Jisoo asked from behind him, closing the door as he did. He didn't exactly like letting these people in like this but he didn't want a fight. Besides, he had a feeling of why they were here in the first place.

 

Like I said. Relax. We brought beer.”

 

And non of that supermarket swill you guys usually drink probably. We brought top of the line stuff.” Mingyu added as he raised his arm to show them the beer he was holding.

 

Why?” Chan demanded to know.

 

Well,” Soonyoung stepped forward and, for the first time since their arrival, looked at Seungkwan who was silent on the couch, still close to Hansol. “We've come to hang out. It's been too quiet without you, Seungkwan.”

 

Yeah well, it can get pretty quiet when you ignore someone.”

 

Soonyoung averted his eyes, “I know. I'm sorry about that. I was pretty mad, you know. And you know me...I'm...”

 

Stubborn? To a point where you push away your best friend even when he begs you to listen to him?”

 

Well...yeah.” He turned his head back and met his friends eyes staring up at him.

 

He thought he would be more angry talking to Soonyoung again, but they had the type of friendship that didn't require a lot of words. Even if they'd never had a fight quite like this one before, Seungkwan wanted it to be over and done with. So he sighed and patted the empty space on the couch next to him. Soonyoung sat down with a shy smile and Seungkwan shook his head but smiled too.

 

Hey ehm, Hoshi?” Hansol, peaking his head from behind the other side of Seungkwan, started. Soonyoung looked at him with an expressionless face. He might have accepted that Seungkwan liked this guy, but that didn't mean he was ready to like him too.

 

I just wanted to apologize to you. I did a really stupid thing and I wasn't thinking. Seungkwan pointed out to me that even though you guys have a lot of money it doesn't mean you don't have things with emotional value too and...I'm sorry if I destroyed anything like that for you.”

 

You did. But, well...for the sake of peace let's call it water under the bridge.”

 

They had a silent exchange of understanding nods between them, both of them knowing the only reason they called a truce was for Seungkwan's sake. Seungkwan knew this too, but he didn't care. He'd get them to like each other.

 

Seungkwan.” Seungcheol said with a harsh voice, interrupting the fragile silence. It was the type of voice he only used when he was upset about something. “What happened to your face?”

 

Seungkwan just stared at his hands. He wasn't sure how to begin to tell what had happened. Not that he could have said anything, because Mingyu let out a small gasp and squeezed himself onto the couch (causing Soonyoung to fall off in the process). He reached for Seungkwan's chin and gently turned his face so his bruised cheek was facing him.

 

Did your father do this?” Seungcheol asked. He didn't get an answer, but that told Seungcheol all he needed to know. He clicked his tongue and his fist was clenched on the side of his body. He had never particularly liked Seungkwan's father to begin with, but this really pissed him off.

 

His father?” Soonyoung asked, still on the floor, “Why would his father do this?”

 

Seungcheol sighed. “We didn't tell you this before, but my dad told me that Seungkwan's dad kicked him out. He wasn't sure why, but-”

 

Why didn't you tell me?” Soonyoung asked with anger in his voice. “When did this happen?”

 

Last week, but I found out about it today. We were going to tell you right before you came home, but then you had already decided to go to Seungkwan anyway, so.”

 

You still should have told me.”

 

Mingyu made a shushing sound in Soonyoung's direction and turned his attention to Seungkwan again. “Are you okay? What happened?”

 

Yeah, I'm okay. He found out about me and Hansol and didn't take it so well.”

 

Where are you staying? At one of the hotels?”

 

N-no...I'm eeh...”

 

He's staying with me.” Hansol spoke up. He couldn't quite explain it but he felt very...territorial all of a sudden.

 

You're living together?” Mingyu asked with wide eyes.

 

Don't worry Seungkwan,” Soonyoung said as he stood up from the floor, “you can come live with me. I'm sure his place is a dump, so-”

 

At this Hansol stood up from the couch and stared Soonyoung straight in the eyes.

 

What?” Soonyoung asked with a taunting voice, “My place was better than yours even after you ran your motorcycle through it.”

 

Oh yeah? Well maybe Seungkwan likes living with someone who doesn't ignore him and accepts him for who he is instead of a crappy friend.”

 

You want to say that again?”

 

They were dangerously close to each other and the tension between them was about to boil over when their staring contest was interrupted by the sound of a beer opening. It was almost comical how it broke the tense stare off and everybody turned to look at the source of the sound.

 

Really, Chan?” Jisoo asked their youngest member who had just cracked open a beer.

 

What? It's just standing there getting warm. They might want it back if Vernon kicks the loud one's .”

 

Nobody is going to kick anyone's .” Seungcheol stepped in. “Soon, we did not come here to fight. Sit back down and have a beer. The little one is right, it's getting warm.” He picked up a beer and handed it to his friend who begrudgingly sat back down on the floor. He picked up another one and handed it to Hansol who hesitated for a moment but took it from him and sat back down next to Seungkwan. “Now,” Seungcheol addressed everyone in the room, “I think we can all agree that seeing as these two are pretty serious it's for the best if we all try to get along from now on. We don't have to become best friends or to even like one another, but let's at least try not to fight each other.”

 

We can agree not to start a fight, but if any of you pull some crap we won't hold back.” Jun answered.

 

That seems fair.” Mingyu agreed.

 

All right good. We all agree not to throw the first punch.”

 

For the sake of getting along it might help if we all knew each other a little bit better. I suggest a quick round of introductions. Why don't you start, Seungcheol?” Jisoo suggested.

 

Caught off guard by the use of his real name Seungcheol blinked at Jisoo before he realized what he had even said. He coughed as to cover up the fact that being called by his name by the attractive man before him had him all flustered. “Right, yeah, sure, okay.”

 

Soonyoung, Seungkwan and Mingyu exchanged knowing looks. Seungcheol might think he was all cool and composed, but his friends could always tell when he was crushing on someone.

 

So, ehm,” Seungcheol started, “You probably all know me as S.Coups but you can call me Seungcheol if you want. I'm studying business and I'm on the wrestling team. I also won't hesitate to ruin your face or your life in general if you come for one of my friends.” The last part seemed to be aimed specifically at Hansol.

 

All right,” Jisoo spoke up next, “Call me Jisoo. Or pretty boy if you want.” He directed that last part directly to Seungcheol, but paid no mind to his reaction, “I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm going to do since I got expelled for mysterious reasons that Seungkwan has assured me wasn't any of you people's doing. I like expensive wine and hot tubs.”

 

It went quiet for a moment before Seungcheol nudged Soonyoung's shoulder. He sighed but introduced himself anyway. “Yeah eh, Hoshi. If you must you can call me Soonyoung. I'm a blast at parties.”

 

Again a moment of silence. It was clear that no-one in the room was really comfortable with this sudden mixture of their groups.

 

Jun, why don't you say something.” Jisoo suggested. Jun looked like a deer caught in headlights but he soon found his coolness again and started his introduction in Chinese first. No-one had any idea what he said, but from the smug look on his face it sounded like he was praising himself (he was). “As I was saying. I am Jun, a handsome face from China. If you look in a mirror and think wow who is that handsome man it can't be me it's most likely me, standing behind you being gorgeous.”

 

o...kay. I'll go next.” Mingyu said as he looked at Jun with furrowed eyebrows of confusion. “Mingyu. Studying to become a doctor, but-” He was interrupted by Jun who had let out a laugh. “I'm sorry but you really don't seem like the doctor type.”

 

Seungcheol was about to defend him when Mingyu himself sighed, “I'm not. I'm so not. I don't even want to be a doctor, I just want to-” Suddenly he realized who he was talking to and cleared his throat. “...I want to stop talking. Oh and I like painting.”

 

Don't forget you're a bit of a man.” Soonyoung added. Chan chuckled at that and Soonyoung slowly started to like the little man.

 

While Mingyu was busy glaring at his friend Chan decided to go ahead and introduce himself, “I'm Chan. My business is my business. Don't ask about it and we might just get along.”

 

And I'm Boo Seungkwan and I'm perfectly fine living where I live right now.” Seungkwan ended the round of introductions. It caused an awkward silence where only the sipping on drinks could be heard until Soonyoung decided to break the tension.

 

Okay, now that we're all better acquainted I demand some answers. How did this,” he gestured between Hansol and Seungkwan, “even happen?”

 

Seungkwan groaned, “Do we really have to talk about that?”

 

Okay so I was on my way home from work one day when I saw-”

 

Hansol!”

 

What? Why can't I tell the story?”

 

Seungkwan sank back into the couch and fumbled with the hem of Hansol's hoodie. “It's embarrassing.”

 

Why? Because you came to my neighborhood just to buy a scone or because you gave into me coming on to you super easily and you broke into your dad's hotel so we could have .”

 

Seungkwan stared at his boyfriend with an open mouth and an over-dramatic look of betrayal on his face.

 

You went to that crappy neighborhood just to get food?”

 

No! I was just lost I normally never go there!”

 

He came to get scones. He was wearing a baseball cap, like that was going to prevent him from standing out.”

 

Okay fine, I came to buy scones. But I was just minding my own business when Hansol suddenly came up to me and started hitting on me!”

 

That's not true, I asked you what you were doing there first.”

 

Wow wait.” Chan interrupted loudly. “You came onto him? Why would you do that?”

 

Excuse me?” Seungkwan said offended.

 

Relax I don't mean it in a 'why would anyone hit on you ever' kind of way. Hansol, didn't you care he was from another gang?”

 

Hansol shrugged his shoulders, “What can I say? I'm naturally drawn to him or something. I didn't mean to fall in love with him I was just looking to hook up with him. Wouldn't be the first time there has been some inter-ing.”

 

Romantic” Seungkwan said sarcastically.

 

Hey we would have become boyfriends way sooner had it been up to me. You were the one who-”

 

When did you fall in love?” Mingyu interrupted with intrigue and glee in his voice. He wasn't very good at hiding the fact he really was a romantic sap on the inside.

 

Hansol looked at his boyfriend and thought for a second, “Probably the moment he looked at me all confused and shocked when I asked him if he wanted to hook up.”

 

R-really?” Seungkwan asked softly. He knew Hansol had accepted his feelings before Seungkwan had, but he didn't know his feelings had turned romantic so soon into their relationship.

 

What about you, Seungkwan?”

 

I dunno...can we talk about something else now. Give me a beer.”

 

Awww look at you being all shy.” Mingyu wrapped his arms around him and rocked him. Seungkwan untangled himself and grabbed a beer and started drinking. The others joined.

 

<>

 

The beer was long gone and so was a part of the Carrot's liquor collection. The more they drank the more they all seemed to forget that they didn't really like each other. Seungcheol and Jun were caught up in some vintage game with Jisoo as their audience, Soonyoung was currently lying on the floor talking to Chan about their favorite artists, Hansol was staring at Mingyu and Seungkwan next to him on the couch. Mingyu had his arms wrapped around Seungkwan and they were catching up on the last few weeks apart. “Seungkwan, thank you for keep sending me schedules even-though I was being an .”

 

Well, I didn't want you to fail any more of your classes.”

 

Mingyu sighed and put his head on Seungkwan's shoulder, “It's no use. I'll fail anyway.”

 

Hansol was distracted from Mingyu and Seungkwan's interaction by a hand tapping on his leg. “Hey Vernon? Hansol? Versol?” Soonyoung was staring up at him from the floor. “Tell me something...is Seungkwan any good in bed?”

 

Why the would you ask that!?” Seungkwan yelled at him.

 

As your best friend, I think I have a right to know.”

 

Well you don't!”

 

Soonyoung (with a lot of effort and groaning) sat up and got closer to Seungkwan.

 

Kwannie? Does your cheek still hurt?”

 

Oh...ehm, a little...”

 

I'm really sorry I wasn't there for you when your dad did what he did.”

 

I know.”

 

Soonyoung wasn't very good with these heartfelt talks and he suddenly jumped up and announced to the room: “You know what we should do? Go to the W-8 club as a group and freak them out because we got them outnumbered.”

 

Sooncheol looked up from the game and nodded, “I'm up for it. I wouldn't mind seeing the looks on those guys' faces when we all come in as one group.”

 

Soonyoung scoffed, “Please, you just want to see Jeonghan.”

 

Jeonghan?” Jun asked. “Isn't he Woozi's trophy wife?”

 

If he is he cheats on him. Regularly. Doesn't he, Mingyu?” Soonyoung wiggled his eyebrows at Mingyu, but he only got a sour face in return. “Not lately he doesn't.”

 

Aww did someone lose his booty call?”

 

Whatever.”

 

<>

 

Some time later Jisoo decided it was time to call it a night. Soonyoung was passed out in their bathroom and Chan and Mingyu were trying to convince people to play strip poker. Seungcheol dragged his drunk friend to the car with the help of Mingyu and offered Hansol and Seungkwan a ride to their apartment. When they arrived Seungkwan didn't fail to notice the looks on his friends' faces (well, not Soonyoung who was passed out on the backseat against the window). They clearly had their doubts about Seungkwan living in this neighborhood, but they didn't say a thing. Hansol and Seungkwan went up to their apartment. As Seungkwan was brushing his teeth he realized he felt happier than he had in weeks. Perhaps in part due to the alcohol he had consumed, but mostly because he and his friends had made up and they had managed to spend time with Hansol in one room without getting into a fight. He went to the bedroom and started changing into his nightwear. Hansol, who had been ready for bed much quicker than Seungkwan, was already waiting for him. “That was some night.”

 

Seungkwan nodded, “Yeah, I guess it was.”

 

Are you really okay? You forgave them pretty easily.”

 

It's not like they're the only ones in the wrong. I just wanted my friends back.”

 

Hansol wrapped his arms around Seungkwan, “So...when did you fall in love with me?”

 

Seungkwan rolled his eyes trying to avoid having to answer, “Does it matter?”

 

Not really, I'm just curious.” Hansol said as he nuzzled Seungkwan's neck.

 

It's embarrassing...”

 

Why?”

 

It's just...” Seungkwan sighed, “If I tell you will you stop pestering me about it?”

 

I promise.”

 

Okay...it was just...I was...and you were...and I just looked up at you and you looked so beautiful and comfortable with me and the look you gave me was so...loving...and it was like my chest imploded, but in a good way. Except I was still totally denying my feelings for you so it didn't feel good afterward. But in the moment it did and I knew that I loved you.”

 

Hansol unwrapped his arms and turned Seungkwan around, “That sounds very sweet except you still haven't told me what we were doing. You were doing what and I was doing what? And why were you looking...up. Oh my god, don't tell me you were giving me a !?”

 

Seungkwan looked away, his cheeks flustered, “Maybe.”

 

The first time you realized that you love me was with my in your mouth?”

 

Maybe.”

 

You don't just love me for my body, do you?” Hansol raised one eye brow.

 

Of course not! It wasn't about that! It was about the feeling of closeness and the look you gave me and-”

 

Seungkwan, I was kidding.” He placed his hands on Seungkwan's hips and looked at him intently, “But I have to say. I really feel like getting close to you right now. I very much want to know what you felt.”

 

What do you mean?”

 

What do you think I mean?” He started walking them towards the bed and gently pushed Seungkwan down onto it.

 

O-oh.”

 

<>

 

They lay in bed together, Hansol had one arm around Seungkwan. The only light in the room came from the streetlights outside.

 

So?” Seungkwan asked. “What did you think of my friends? I know you already kind of knew them, but what do you think now that you've really met them?”

 

They're all right I guess. S.Coups is a bit scary, but he seems like he's more bark than bite. Hoshi is a funny guy. I can see why you two are friends.”

 

And Mingyu?”

 

Hansol scoffed. “Mingyu.” he mumbled under his breath.

 

W-what? Did he do something?”

 

No. I just...I didn't get a good vibe from him, that's all.”

 

Oh...” Seungkwan turned around in Hansol's arms so they were face-to-face, “He's a really good guy though. He's sweet and he cares about his friends a lot. He's a bit of a , I'll give you that, but-”

 

Did you ever sleep with him?”

 

With Mingyu? Haha, no way. Why would you even think that?”

 

I dunno...he was just sitting next to you all close and...hugging you and laughing...”

 

It took Seungkwan a moment to realize what was going on here because to him the thought of him and Mingyu together was just ridiculous. “Hansol, were you jealous of Mingyu? Is that why you don't like him?”

 

I'm not jealous! He's just...okay yeah. I was jealous. And not just of him to be honest. I'm jealous of all your friends. They have so much history with you and they seem to know almost everything about you and it just made me realize how much I don't know.”

 

Most of what they know isn't all that interesting.”

 

I don't care. I want to know more about you. I want to know everything about you.”

 

Seungkwan smiled at him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. He snuggled closer and fell asleep thinking about how it was probably better Hansol didn't know everything about him.

 

<>

 

The next morning when he woke up Seungkwan picked up his phone to check the time. For the first time in weeks he had a lot of unread messages. All of his friends had sent him messages individually and he was re-added to the Ruby group chat. Because of the amount of messages it took him a moment to notice he was also added to another group chat, but this one had a few unknown numbers in it. There was one message from Soonyoung. Hey guys, I thought it would be practical to have a group chat. See you later. And one reply from a number Seungkwan didn't know. Okay. See you Saturday.

 

Seungkwan poked a still sleeping Hansol in the side to wake him up. Hansol groaned but looked up at the phone Seungkwan was shoving in his face anyway.

 

Do you know this number?”

 

Hansol yawned and sat up. “Yeah I think that's Chan's number.”

 

Why does Soonyoung have it? I don't even have it!”

 

I guess they exchanged numbers yesterday or something. What's happening on Saturday?”

 

I don't know. I mean...he was talking about going to W-8 as a group, but I didn't think he was serious!”

 

Looks like he was. Ah well, guess we're going to piss off the Daebak gang this weekend. Should be fun.”

 

_________________________________________________________________

*Fun fact: Jeonghan actually stopped sleeping with Mingyu after he noticed that Minghao has a crush on Mingyu.
*I don't even know...this chapter is a mess
*Even so....comments are very welcome as always <3  


Happy Halloween month~ I'm actually writing a SVT zombie story that I hope to finish before Halloween. It's very different from my other stuff...