Fear

Our Dream

Tethelle's POV

 

“Where are you going?” I asked has my family headed toward the front door

"We are going shopping.” My dad said as he looked at me. Yes this is my chance, I can get out of here.

"Okay." I waved to them as they left. Once they were out of the house, I ran to my bags and started grabbing the necessary stuff. Clothes, money, my phone. I scribbled down a quick note for them when they got home and realized I wasn't there.

I grabbed my bag and left the house. I already knew where I would go. Walking down the streets was tiring, but it would be worth it in the end. I looked up at the sky, noticing the dark clouds. It would rain soon, I needed to get to that place before it started pouring. Hopefully there wouldn't be any thunder.

I walked for what seemed like hours, the sky was pouring rain and I was soaked to the bone. The sound of thunder was coming at all angles and tears were pouring down my face. 

                                                                       ~Flashback~

"Daddy, Daddy!” I called out for him in the darkness in my house. There was a huge storm going on.

“DADDY” I was so scared, the power was out and the sound of thunder was sounding everywhere I went.  I was only four, a four year old left alone in a house alone.


“DADDY, MOMMY!”


No response. Just thunder.

                                                                  ~End of Flashback~

I finally gave up in trying to get to my old house that I use to live in and ended up running into an empty church hall. It was dark, but it was shelter to the least. I did the same thing I did when I was four, I hid.....

I hide under one of tables and sat there, hugging my knees to my chest like a child. I was shaking from the cold and the fear of thunder. Tears were streaming down my face, followed by quiet cries. Suddenly, I heard the door to the church open, but I was too scared to move. Another flash of thunder came, making me close my eyes and cry more.

“Tethelle, are you in here?” It was Violet's voice. How did she find me, I was actually glad she did. My cries became sharper as the thunder became louder.

“Tethelle?” I looked up to see a worried Violet.

 “V-Vi-” I was cut off by the sound of thunder and my cries. I buried my head into my knees again, shaking.

 “Shh...Tethelle...it's just thunder.” She knelt down in front of me, but I couldn't move. I was literally paralyzed with fear.

Before I knew it, she was sitting beside me, wrapping her arms around me. I was never use to someone comforting me when there was thunder. No one had ever comforted me during thunder storms, not even my sister. Violet placed my head on her chest and just held me close. Eventually, I relaxed and just focused on her heartbeat, tuning out the sound of the thunder.

 “I'm sorry.”

“Shh, it's okay, let me take you home now okay, you're going to get sick if you stay in those clothes.”

“O-Okay” She let go of me and took my hand in her, leading me out of my curled up position, helping me up in the process. 

Then there was more thunder, making me drop to my knees and cover my head with my arms. I heard a sigh come from Violet as she knelt down next to me again, but this time she took my arms and wrapped them around her neck and picked me up bridal style. She started walking out of the church, with more thunder sounds following. I held onto her like my life depended on it, burying my head into her neck as she carried me.

 “How did you know I was gone?” I muttered.

 

“Your parents told me and I said I had an idea on where you may be.” Violet said quietly.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

hope you enjoy the update.

Remember to commet and subscribe