Chapter 2

The Wolf and The Hunter

Jisung was one of very few people who was content with being alone. In a team of 10 people he took whatever time he had at home alone to relish in it. It was too bad that Hohyeon and Kangmin were coming home tonight, returning from university for the summer. He didn't mind them, they were more mature for their age than most humans he had run into, but he was starting to enjoy the solitude, occasionally checking in on the pack next door for food if he ran out and was too lazy to go grocery shopping.

Their house was large for 1 person, and even 10 people had 2 people to a room. He had shared his room with Hyunwoo, and he still did even if Hyunwoo wasn't around as often, being part of the team taking the international missions in Asia with Wooyeop.

He was in the middle of making dinner for himself, Kangmin and Hohyeon when Kangmin and Hohyeon finally arrived. "Hey you two," he called. "Dinner should be ready soon," he called. "Thanks hyung!" Said Kangmin and Hohyeon as they headed up to their room. "Those two," Jisung said with a chuckle as he went back to making dinner.

He was done and about to call out to Hohyeon and Kangmin when they both came downstairs ready to eat dinner. Jisung gave them their plates and they sat around the kitchen island to eat.

"How's being home alone for parts of the year going?" Asked Hohyeon. "Fine," said Jisung. "You know I prefer to be alone," he said, shrugging. "Yeah," said Kangmin. "How's school going for you both?" Asked Jisung. "Fine," said Kangmin. Hohyeon nodded in agreement. "It's been stressful but we're in a lot of the same classes so," he said, shrugging. "Nice, nice," said Jisung.

"I know Taeseon and them should be returning from Europe soon," said Hohyeon. "They made quick work of the rest of the vampires that were causing trouble in Europe," he said. "Well, that's good I guess," said Jisung. "It'll afford for the others to finally get home at least," he said. "Hyunwoo has been complaining about not being able to get home because they don't have the cash," he said. "They're in Laos right now, enjoying some time with Nickhun and his pack," he said.

"I know they want to ask for help getting home but," Kangmin said, scratching the back of his head. "At least Siwoo and Hakmin are still here in the states," he said. "They should be returning home soon anyway," he said.

"Well, I'm going for a walk," said Jisung as he finished eating dinner. "I'll be back in an hour or so, I want to pay my respects at the graveyard," he said. "Don't be out too late," said Hohyeon. "No worries," said Jisung as he went to put on some shoes and head out.

He made his way down to the lake, grabbing flowers along the way. The first thing he did was go pay his respects before going to lean against the giant boulder next to the lake, enjoying the silence of the night.

After an hour he heard the distinct sound of paw steps coming towards the lake and he froze, turning slightly and spying a wolf coming up to where he was. He was silent, watching as the wolf went to drop flowers at the graves before it went to stand by the water on the other side of the boulder.

After a few minutes Jisung made his presence known, moving from his spot and going to stand beside the wolf. "Nice night hm?" He asked. The wolf turned its head and looked at Jisung before nodding and turning back to look up at the moon. Jisung hummed to himself as he picked up a rock and skipped it across the water.

"You're like me, you prefer to be alone than in the company of others," he said. The wolf snorts and nudged him. Jisung laughs. "I'll take that as you agreeing with me," he said. "You must be with the pack that lives next door," he said, earning another bump from the wolf beside him. They enjoyed each other's company, Jisung eventually sitting down beside the wolf and leaning back on his hands as he looked up at the stars.

The silence was interrupted by Hohyeon and Jungkook calling for Jisung and Kihyun respectively. "Oh, you're that wolf," said Jisung as he turned to Kihyun. Kihyun nodded and stood, stretching. Jisung got up, stretching as he called to Hohyeon and Jungkook. "Over here," he called.

"It's almost midnight, Jesus guys," said Hohyeon as he and Jungkook came into view. Jisung looked at his pocketwatch, blinking in surprise. "How long were we out here for?" He asked. "6 hours," said Jungkook. "Time flies so fast," said Jisung.

"You're okay right? Kihyun didn't do anything?" Asked Hohyeon. "No, we just sat and enjoyed each other's company," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "Oh, that's new," said Jungkook. "Well, we should get going then," said Hohyeon. "Kangmin was about to come searching for you," he said. Jisung sighed. "Alright," he said. "I'll see you guys around then," he said before leaving with Hohyeon.

"Hyung!" Said Kangmin as Hohyeon entered the house with Jisung. "Before staying outside for like 5 hours at least bring your phone," he said. Jisung scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, I wasn't aware of being out there for that long," he said. "Go and take a shower and get to bed," said Hohyeon. "I wonder what you do when we're not here," he said, shaking his head. Jisung scratched the back of his head in embarrassment and went to take a shower.

After he was done he came back downstairs, spotting Hohyeon and Kangmin sitting on the couch watching a movie. "Come join us," said Hohyeon. "Sure," said Jisung as he went to sit on the recliner. "What are we watching?" He asked. "The Conjuring," said Kangmin. "Scary movies? Always fun to watch before bed," said Jisung.