Chapter 8

The Wolf and The Hunter

It wasn't his own nightmares that Kihyun woke up to the next morning. Rather, it was a certain human lying in the bed on the other side of the room, his soft whimpers waking Kihyun from his fitful sleep. Kihyun sighed, moving to roll off the bed and onto the floor with a thump, waking Hohyeon in the process from the sound.

"Ah, sorry," mumbled Hohyeon as he sat up, stretching. "It's alright," said Kihyun as he sat up and scratched the back of his head. "I'll go change back into my own clothes," said Hohyeon as he went to grab his clothes from yesterday and went into the bathroom to change, throwing Kihyun's clothes into the hamper once he was dressed in the clothes he had on yesterday.

"Staying for breakfast?" Asked Kihyun. "If that's alright," said Hohyeon as he nodded. "It's my turn so," Kihyun said before leaving the room and heading to the kitchen with Hohyeon following after him.

Chani was in the kitchen sipping on a cup of coffee when Kihyun walked into the kitchen. "You can taste coffee?" Asked Kihyun. "No, but I made it so," Chani said with a shrug. Kihyun eyed the coffee maker and went to grab a cup, taking a tentative sip. "Oh, okay it's actually pretty good," he said. Chani snorts. "I know better than to poison the coffee," he said, taking another sip of coffee. Hohyeon got a cup of coffee and fixed it with whatever he usually put in his coffee, taking a sip as Kihyun started on breakfast.

The others slowly made their way into the kitchen as Kihyun worked on breakfast, going to get some coffee. Jaemin flopped down at the kitchen table beside Chani, yawning and rubbing his eyes, earning chuckles from everyone else as they lounged in the kitchen to wait for breakfast.

"What?" Jaemin asked with a pout. "Jeongin does that a lot," Youngjae said with a snicker. "He's your youngest right?" Asked Jaemin. "Yes," said Changkhyun. "Everyone has a soft spot for their youngest it seems," said Chani as he chuckled some. "It's more so with werewolves," Changkhyun said, fighting back a grin. "Pack structure and whatnot, yeah," said Chani as he nodded. Kihyun called for breakfast and everyone went to get a plate, going to sit in the livingroom to eat.

"Ah, I forgot," said Kihyun as he turned to Changkhyun. "Where's he gonna sleep?" He asked. Changkhyun blinked. "Your room," he said. "We have no room in any of the rooms Changkhyun," said Youngjae. Jungkook sighed. "At least let him sleep in your room until Cory and the others come back," he said. Kihyun scratched the back of his head. "And then?" He asked. "We can't have him moving rooms every time a bed is free," he said. "As much as he's right, he's right," said Jooheon.

"It's until he can get back on his feet at least," said Changkhyun as he turned to Jaemin who nodded. "He won't be around after that," said Jaemin. "He's a loner so," he said, shrugging. "He'll need to either work in town, or start working for Kris," said Kihyun. "Can always become a vampire hunter, I heard Jason was wanting to make his own team," he said.

"That's up to him of course," he said when Jaemin tilted his head to the side. "Otherwise he'd have to work in town," said Changkhyun. "Don't know if anyone is hiring but," he said, shrugging. "Can always see," said Youngjae. "I guess," said Changkhyun. "What time did Sungyeol leave yesterday?" Asked Kihyun. "Around 10 P.M.," said Changkhyun. "That's when you decided to come join us then?" Asked Kihyun. Changkhyun nodded. "When did you come out to the lake?" Kihyun asked Chani. "Around midnight," said Chani as he shrugged.

"We were out there since 8 I think," said Hohyeon. "I know it was after dinner because Kangmin had made curry," he said. "And then I came to get you," he said. Kihyun hummed in response.

"I can understand why Kihyun goes out to the lake, but what brings you along to accompany him?" Asked Changkhyun. "Ah, originally it was Jisung that went," said Hohyeon. "But after a few weeks he was assigned missions and had asked one of us to go," he said. "I volunteered but," he said, shrugging. "Kangmin might join you one day, or Jisung, it all depends," he said.

"What I find funny is that you've stayed around for this long," said Kihyun. "Most wouldn't after learning of why I was out there so much," he said. "We owe Jisung a lot of things," said Hohyeon. "Kangmin and I are slowly paying him back while he's gone," he said. "Because of your past right?" Asked Kihyun. Hohyeon nodded.

He looked at his phone when he got a text. "Oh, I'm needed back home," he said, finishing his breakfast. "Thanks for letting me stay for breakfast," he said, standing and bowing before going into the kitchen to wash his his dishes before leaving.

After breakfast Kihyun went to wash the dishes with Jooheon helping. "It's been a while since we've just hung out as the two of us," said Jooheon. Kihyun hummed in response as he nodded.

"How's things?" Asked Jooheon. "Fine," said Kihyun. "I'm doing fine on my own," he said. "Going out to the lake has kept me from doing anything too drastic anyway," he said. "Ah," said Jooheon. "Well, that's good at least," he said.

It was sometime during the afternoon that Sungyeol and Jungwoo arrived, Jungwoo looking around the house as he got out of the jeep. Changkhyun came out with Jaemin and Kihyun, Changkhyun nodding to Sungyeol as Jaemin tackled Jungwoo.

"You'll fit right in," said Jaemin as he grinned. "You're not the only wolf-human around so I'm sure you'll get along fine with the others," said Changkhyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Ah, I heard there was others like me here," Jungwoo said, turning to Changkhyun. "I'll try not to get in the way of things," he said.

"You'll be rooming with me until the other occupants of the room return," said Kihyun. "I'm fine with the couch, or a rug," said Jungwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "We'll arrange something I'm sure," said Changkhyun. "For now it's with Kihyun here," he said. Jungwoo nodded. After making sure Chani and Sungyeol hunted they left with Jaemin, going back home. Kihyun was left to show Jungwoo the room he was staying in, leaving him to his own devices for the time being.

Kihyun headed out to the lake after dinner, Jungwoo tagging along in wolf form to get a feel of the territory that was his new home. When they arrived Kihyun spotted a new face sitting on the boulder.

"Oh, this is a surprise," said Kihyun. "Ah, Jisung told me that you'd be out here eventually, the name's Hyunwoo, his roommate and teammate," said Hyunwoo. "Kihyun, and this is Jungwoo, he just moved in with our pack," said Kihyun. Jungwoo nodded his head, his tail wagging before he put up his human illusion, nearly causing Hyunwoo to fall off the boulder in shock.

"Well, you're one of those animal-humans then," said Hyunwoo. "Yes," said Jungwoo as Kihyun went to grab the blanket and lay it out before sitting on it with Jungwoo going to sit beside him. "When did you guys get back?" Asked Kihyun. "This morning, 'tis why Hohyeon went home," said Hyunwoo. "Asian or European team?" Asked Kihyun. "Asian team," said Hyunwoo as he shrugged. "Ah, nice," said Kihyun.

"Jisung talked about you a lot," he said with a snicker. Hyunwoo groaned. "We're not that bad," he said, pouting slightly, causing Kihyun to burst out laughing. "Hunters then?" Asked Jungwoo. "Yes, we live next door," said Hyunwoo. "We have a sort of truce going on it seems, since their pack has vampire hunters in it," he said, shrugging. Jungwoo hummed in response as he leaned back on his hands.