Chapter 6

The Wolf and The Hunter

Kihyun was in the middle of doing laundry when the doorbell rang. He was home alone today, since the others had gone to the mall in the city to get some shopping done. He left the laundry room, going to answer the door. "What's up?" He asked, cautiously. "Ah, the name's Jaemin," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head. "I need to talk to your pack alpha about my brother," he said.

Kihyun looked at the two vampires behind him. "Those two harmless?" He asked. "It's just Chani and Sungyeol," said Jaemin. "They're on the "do not hunt" list," he said. Kihyun hummed in response, his head tilting to the side. "Okay," he said, letting them in. He went to text Changkhyun to tell them to hurry back with some food before going back into the laundry room.

There was a knock on the door and Kihyun went to answer it, noting that Jaemin was the only person in the house besides himself. "They went hunting," was Jaemin's response when Kihyun gave him a questioning look. Kihyun opened the door, spotting Jisung and Kangmin. "More cookies?" He asked. "Ah, spotted some leeches and was wondering what was up," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "We were out fishing at the lake so," he said, shrugging. "They're with the puppy in the livingroom," said Kihyun as he let them in.

Jaemin gave them a shy wave before he returned to watching tv. Kihyun went back into the laundry room where he was folding clothes, with Jisung following after him. "Where's your other teammates?" Asked Kihyun. "Grocery shopping," Jisung said with a shrug. "Where's your pack?" He asked. "The mall in the city," Kihyun said shrugging. "I stayed back because I had some things to do," he said.

Chani and Sungyeol soon returned, keeping their distance from Kangmin and Jisung who were aware of what list they were on. After a bit Chani went to sit next to Jaemin, though Sungyeol stayed in the farthest corner away from Kangmin as possible. Kangmin went to check on Kihyun and Jisung who was almost done folding clothes.

"You can stop the tense atmosphere now," said Kihyun as he didn't look up from folding clothes. "They started it," Kangmin said with a snort. "Besides, we know not to do anything until they do something first," he said. "I'm sure they're more relaxed now," Kihyun said with sarcasm as the others returned from their shopping trip.

"Ah, we got another pup," said Changkhyun as he entered the house and spotted Jaemin. Kihyun and Kangmin came out of the laundry room to greet Changkhyun. "Don't mind the vampires," he said. "They're on the "do not hunt" list," he said as Hoseok, Doyoung and Hyunjin walk in. "Oh, Sunggyu's old covenmates," said Doyoung. "You missed him, he was here until a few weeks ago," he said. "Ah, really?" Asked Chani. "Ah well, we'll see him soon enough," he said as the others entered the house. Jungkook gave Kihyun a bag of food before Kihyun headed back into the laundry room.

"What's up neighbors?" Asked Changkhyun as he spotted Kangmin. "Saw those two hunting, came to see what was up," Kangmin said with a shrug. "Jisung's in the laundry room," he said.

"So what was so important that it caused us to end our shopping trip early?" Asked Jungkook as he looked at Jaemin. "Well," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head. "We've asked everyone else this by now but," he said, sighing. "My brother lost his job and is on the verge of losing his apartment," he said. "He came to me asking for help," he said. "We can't accept anymore wolf-humans, even if he's Jaemin's older brother," said Chani. "We've been extra cautious since Jeno and his pack went through and well," he said, shrugging.

"No one will take him?" Asked Kangmin. "Not at the moment," said Jaemin. "The first people we asked was Chan and his pack, then we asked Sungjin and his pack, then we asked everyone in Europe before we moved to the US to ask, everyone but you guys said no," he said.

"I'd have to ask Taeseon if he would take him in," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "Don't think he will but," he said, shrugging. "We might take him in, but we don't know who this is," said Changkhyun.

"Not even Minhyun would let him in huh?" Asked Jungkook. "No," Jaemin said, sighing some. "They said to try here because you have other wolves in your pack but it was a last resort really," he said. "What's his name?" Asked Kangmin. "Jungwoo, he's from Detroit," said Jaemin.

Kangmin got a text so he looked at his phone to see what was up. "Oh, the others returned," he said. "Jisung!" He called. Jisung came out of the laundry room, scratching the back of his head. "I got it too," he said. "We'll be around I guess, sorry about coming over so suddenly," he said. "No problem," said Jungkook. Jisung nodded and left with Kangmin.

"Anyone want to tell me why we had two hunters in the house?" Asked Sungyeol. "Ah, they were checking on Kihyun, you'll see Jisung around a lot," Jungkook said, shrugging. "And they're not the only hunters," said Doyoung as he shrugged. "I meant human vampire hunters but," Sungyeol said, shrugging nonchalantly.

"We'll see," Changkhyun said, returning to the topic of Jungwoo. "When will he get kicked out of his apartment?" He asked. "Next week," Jaemin said, scratching the back of his head. "You'll have your answer before then," said Jungkook. "We'll have to contact Cory, Sunggyu and Jisung and get a full pack decision on this but," he said, shrugging. "Thank you," Jaemin said, looking relieved.

Kihyun came out of the laundry room with a basket of his clothes. "All your clothes are in their respective baskets, thanks for the food," he said before going to put his basket in his room before leaving out the back door to go to the lake. "A bit early don't you think?" Asked Jungkook as he looked at the time. "Must be important," said Changkhyun as everyone went to get their clothes.

Kihyun met Jisung at the lake, who was already set up with some food and drinks since they'd most likely miss dinner again. Kihyun sat down beside him, reaching over for one of the drinks and taking it, taking a sip. "So," he said. "What happened back there?" He asked.

"Ah," said Jisung. "Well," he said. "I grew up in Detroit, so to hear someone else be without a job kind of hit home," he said. "I grew up in an environment like that," he said. "Well, Hohyeon, Kangmin and I anyway," he said. "We were all kicked out of our own houses at a young age," he said. "We had to live at a homeless shelter and I had to take odd jobs just to get us food," he said. "School helped a little but I worked long hours just to get them food," he said.

"How'd you three meet?" Asked Kihyun. "At the homeless shelter," said Jisung as he shrugged. "Kangmin was fighting an adult for food and Hohyeon and I stepped in before it got worse," he said. "I think the three of us are lucky to be found by Taeseon," he said, looking out towards the water. Kihyun hummed in response. "I guess you are," he said.

"What's your past like?" Asked Jisung. "I don't remember," Kihyun said, sighing. "Either I was struck with amnesia after I was turned or I blocked out the memories but I don't remember," he said. Jisung nodded. "Sorry," said Kihyun. "I know it's not as dramatic as other people's pasts but," he said, shrugging. "I honestly don't remember," he said. "It's fine," said Jisung. "Really, it's fine," he said. Kihyun nodded.

"One day I'll tell you about what happened with my pure blood mate and what had happened to cause him to go crazy, but not right now," he said. "This is something you're not ready to tell, I understand," said Jisung. Kihyun nodded.