Chapter 3

The Wolf and The Hunter

Kihyun and Jisung spent some days together, other days they spent their time alone as they went out to the lake, Kihyun now going in human form and Jisung going with remembering to grab his phone before he left. They spent the time in comfortable silence, sitting on a blanket that Kihyun brought over and left by the boulder to keep out of the elements.

Today Kihyun was dragged to the city to get some shopping done, Jisung getting dragged along since he was home alone while Kangmin and Hohyeon had gotten their missions. "The others are returning soon, and Jisung can come along only if he wanted to," was Jungkook's reasoning.

It was how Jisung and Kihyun ended up being dragged around different stores by Jeongin who wanted to find different outfits to wear when he had his human illusion up. Jungkook and Changkhyun were not too far behind, making sure Jeongin didn't get into trouble.

"Do I look good in this or this?" Asked Jeongin as he showed the latest outfits. "The second one," said Jisung. Jeongin beamed before putting both outfits away. "You're handling this well," said Kihyun as they followed Jeongin around the store. "I'm used to Kangmin doing the same thing," Jisung said with a chuckle. "Except I have to watch him spend money," he said. "A perk to being a wolf-human I guess," said Kihyun. "You don't need to spend money on clothes," he said. "I guess," said Jisung.

"How full is the house right now?" He asked. "Ah, well we had Woojin, Hongseob and Jason over for a week before they left," said Kihyun. "It's back to its usual amount of people anyway," he said. "Jisung, Cory and Sunggyu should be back soon though," he said. "Ah, so it'll be full again," said Jisung. "Yep, pretty much," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head.

Once Jeongin was ready to leave they headed out to meet with Changkhyun and Jungkook who were ready to go eat lunch. "Ready?" Asked Changkhyun. "Sure," said Jeongin. "Yeah," said Kihyun and Jisung. They headed to the food court to get food, sitting down and eating.

"Do you get called out on missions anymore?" Asked Changkhyun. "Not really," said Jisung as he shrugged. "I do if the others are super busy but even then I take mine locally," he said. "Must be nice being alone most of the year," said Jungkook. "Eh, I like the solitude," said Jisung as he shrugged. "I don't mind the other members of my team coming back for a few weeks though, but they know I prefer the solitude," he said.

After lunch it was Changkhyun and Jungkook's turn to go clothes shopping so Kihyun and Jisung were left to themselves for a bit as they waited for Changkhyun, Jungkook and Jeongin outside the store they went into.

"How do you deal with it?" Asked Jisung as he turned to Kihyun. "Deal with what?" Asked Kihyun. "Being something other than human," said Jisung. "Eh? Well I'm technically still human," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "But it's just something I've come to terms with over the years," he said, shrugging. "I wasn't born a werewolf, I was turned into one," he said. "I see," said Jisung as he nodded.

"But you don't get to age," he said. "No," said Kihyun. "I can go years without changing apparently and still stay the same," he said. "According to Joshua who did the same thing but since he was a shapeshifter he still changed to his animal form," he said. "Ah," said Jisung.

After an hour the others came out of the store. "Had fun?" Asked Kihyun as he spotted them. "I guess," said Jungkook. Changkhyun chuckled some. "Yeah," said Jeongin. "Well, let's go then," said Changkhyun. "We can get dinner for the others on the way home," he said. "Sure," said everyone as they headed out to the jeep. Changkhyun driving home with Jungkook in the passenger seat. Jeongin was sandwiched between Kihyun and Jisung who were looking out their respective windows.

"Want to sleep at our place tonight?" Changkhyun asked suddenly, looking in the rear view mirror back at Jisung. "Hm?" Asked Jisung as he looked at Changkhyun. "I think I'll be alright," he said. "If I need anything I'll come next door again," he said. "Alright," said Changkhyun as he stopped for food, getting something for everyone before continuing the journey home.

"I assume you're heading out to the lake again," said Changkhyun as they got home. "Yeah," said Kihyun. Jisung nodded. "Alright," said Changkhyun as he got out, letting Jeongin, Jisung and Kihyun out before closing the door. "Be careful," said Jungkook before he went inside with Changkhyun and Jeongin.

"Well, let's go then," said Kihyun. Jisung nodded and walked with Kihyun to their usual spot by the lake. Kihyun lay out the blanket and sat down on it with Jisung soon joining him.

"Too used to being alone eh?" Asked Kihyun as he chuckled some. "Ah," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm not used to a question like that," he said. "You usually come over for food though," said Kihyun. "That is true," said Jisung as he hummed. "Maybe next time I get dragged off to go shopping and I know the two youngest are off doing missions," he said.

"They care you know," Kihyun said, laying down and putting an arm behind his head and an arm over his stomach. "As much as I know that I'd rather be on my own," said Jisung. "And yet you're out here most nights with me," said Kihyun. "Yeah, but I'm beginning to enjoy your company," said Jisung.

"Is this because of your past?" Asked Kihyun. "Partly," said Jisung. "I'm less trusting of others because of where I came from, but my team I know I can trust with my life because I've known them for so long," he said. "Makes sense," said Kihyun. "Your team has been through thick and thin to get where they are now, it's only right to trust them with your life," he said. Jisung hummed in response.