Chapter 16

The Wolf and The Hunter

The trip to Boston didn't take too long, with Jaemin, Jungwoo, Dojoon, Jeno, Jisung and Kihyun all going in one car after Chani gave the go ahead. They took Jeongin's truck since it would fit all 6 people and Kihyun let Jeongin take the jeep back to the University with the promise to bring back the truck after the big meeting.

Thanks to Jisung's connections and Kihyun working for Kris they got to stay at Joshua's pack house. "I heard this was important," said Joshua. "So yes, all of you can sleep here until the meeting is over," he said. "Thanks," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Hyungwon around?" He asked. "Yeah, he's in the kitchen, go say hello," said Joshua. Kihyun nodded and headed into the kitchen with Jisung. The others were left to unwind, going to the room that Joshua said they could stay in for the time being.

"Hey Hyungwon," said Kihyun as he entered the kitchen. "Hey," said Hyungwon as he turned to Kihyun. "It's been a while hasn't it," he said, smiling slightly. "Yeah, I guess," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "How's things?" He asked. "Could be better, but I'm doing okay," said Hyungwon. "How's your insanity?" He asked. "Manageable," said Kihyun. "Found a companion, this is Jisung," he said introducing the two.

Hyungwon shifted his focus to Jisung. "I didn't know you were into younger guys," he said, jokingly. Kihyun laughs. "Well, we never made it official," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, the would've made it awkward," said Jisung. "I figured," said Hyungwon. "But it's nice to get away from it at least," he said. "The insanity I mean," he added. Kihyun nodded.

"So, what are you?" Asked Jisung. "Er," said Hyungwon. "I'm a wolf-human like wolf Jisung," he said. "Oh, you were brought back like he was?" Asked Jisung. Hyungwon nodded. "I see," said Jisung. "I'm sorry it happened to you," he said. "I'm over it," said Hyungwon. "It's good to be back but I wish I had given the person's wolf back," he said.

Minhyuk entered the kitchen, tackling Kihyun from behind and nearly knocking them both over as Kihyun grabbed onto the kitchen counter to not hit his head on it. "Oh, hey Minhyuk," said Kihyun as he chuckled some. "Hi Kihyun!" Minhyuk said with a grin before moving back. 

"When are you coming over again? Jeongin keeps asking about you," said Kihyun. "Ah, probably not for a while, I have some things to take care of here," said Minhyuk. "Plus I owe Daehyun a visit too," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Hey no hurry, he's busy with college," said Kihyun. "I figured," said Minhyuk.

"Old packmates of yours?" Asked Jisung. "Yes," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Minhyuk was with us for a long time, same with Hyungwon," he said. "They both left after stuff happened but they try to visit when possible," he said. "I see," said Jisung. "I believe we were around before you and Jooheon showed up," said Minhyuk. "It was just me and Shownu before we found Minhyuk so yeah," said Hyungwon.

"You guys seen Hobi, Hyunjin, and Doyoung yet?" Asked Kihyun. "They were here last week actually," said Hyungwon. "Hoseok is doing better it seems, though he could be hiding it," he said. "Hyunjin seems like a good 3rd member of their team," said Joshua as he walked into the kitchen. "Hoseok's doing good leading the team as a whole too," he said. "I think with everything Hoseok's been through with Jin and Yoongi he wants to make sure something like that doesn't happen to his team," said Hyungwon. Kihyun hummed in response.

"Is it me or does Doyoung seem... Indifferent about the whole situation?" Asked Hyungwon. "Pretty sure it's just you," said Joshua. "I've known him for a while, it's just the front he puts up," he said.

"So, what's the story with Jaemin, Jeno and Jungwoo?" Asked Joshua. "I know what Dojoon's here for," he said. "Well," said Kihyun. "From Jungwoo he was on the verge of losing his apartment and went to his brother Jaemin for help," he said. "If you remember that," he said. "Yeah," said Joshua. "We decided to let him stay with us," said Kihyun. "I figured," said Joshua.

"Jaemin's story is a bit complicated, he was leader of his own pack with Jeno in it," said Kihyun. "From what Sunggyu, Cory and wolf Jisung has told me," he added. "Well, due to things Jeno became alpha and sort of... Abused Jaemin because of his uality," he said. "What? This kid," growled Minhyuk. Kihyun held up a hand to keep Minhyuk from doing anything. "Jaemin was rescued by his mate Chani, and now Jeno came and apologized," he said.

"So now everyone's been summoned by the wolf council to see what Jeno's punishment would be," finished Joshua. "Yep," said Kihyun. "Why did you get summoned?" Asked Joshua. "We were indirectly involved?" Asked Kihyun. "At least, from what Dojoon has said," he said. "We let both Jeno and Jungwoo in and that puts us as indirectly involved because this happened after everything," he said.

"What I want to know is why do this in Boston? Their main headquarters is in Europe," said Joshua. "In case Jeno and Jungwoo don't have passports," said Kihyun. "It would make sense," said Hyungwon. 

"Well, we already ate dinner, just be mindful of the others in the house," said Joshua. "Who all's here?" Asked Kihyun. "Everyone except Dowoon and Wonwoo," said Joshua. "They went to Toronto to see Wonwoo's parents," he said. "I see," said Kihyun. "Alright then," he said. "Also I know you two aren't official but there's a room across the hall from the wolves for you," said Joshua. Kihyun smiled slightly. "Thanks," he said before leaving the kitchen with Jisung following after him.

"Can we have a talk when this is over?" Jisung asked as they settled down in the room they were staying in. "About?" Asked Kihyun. "Ah, our... Companionship?" Asked Jisung. "It's nothing bad I swear," he added quickly. "I just... I've had enough time to mull over it and I want to... Try and make this official?" He asked. "Oh," said Kihyun. "Yeah, we can talk about this afterwards," he said. Jisung smiled in relief. "I just don't want you to think I'm rejecting you or anything," he said. "No problem," said Kihyun as he chuckled some.