Chapter 12

The Wolf and The Hunter

Jeongin came back after a few days with Hyunjin, taking Hohyeon and Kangmin with him to the dorms. It was back to the usual routine for their youngest, and Kihyun wished them luck. Kihyun also had to take Hyunjin to the airport so he could meet up with Hoseok and Doyoung and finish his missions with them.

After Kihyun returned home Jungwoo was already ready for work, even though he still had another couple hours before then. "Had fun?" Asked Jungwoo. "I guess," said Kihyun. "I don't like traffic going to the airport though," he said, sighing. Jungwoo chuckled some.

"So there's one more wolf-human that's not back yet?" He asked. "Yes, his name is Jisung," said Kihyun. "He's usually out a lot anyway," he said. "Cory is always on missions so Jisung and Cory's other mate go with him," he said. Jungwoo nodded. "I don't think it'd be best for me to speak of their past though, that's more up for them to explain," said Kihyun. "That's fine," said Jungwoo. "I don't pry unless I need to," he said. Kihyun nodded and went into the kitchen to look for food. "Ah, I'm off at 10 tonight," called Jungwoo. "Okay," called Kihyun as he went to look in the fridge.

Kihyun came out of the kitchen with some sandwiches. "10 pm?" He asked. Jungwoo nodded. "What's with everyone working later?" Kihyun asked with a sigh. Jungwoo laughs. "You just want more time at the lake," he said. Kihyun shook his head and went to sit down.

The doorbell rang, and Jungwoo went to answer it, grinning when he saw Jisung. "Come in," he said. Kihyun looked up to see Jisung. "Run out of food again?" He asked. Jisung scratched the back of his head. "I guess," he said. Kihyun got up and went to see what he had food wise with Jisung following him into the kitchen.

"Ah, wanted to let you know that I'm getting some visitors," said Jisung. "Visitors?" Asked Kihyun as he turned to Jisung. "Yeah, Sungjin, Jae and Brian are on their way over," said Jisung. "Oh, more hunters," said Kihyun. "And they're wolf-humans, I think Jungwoo'd appreciate that, a little," said Jisung. "When he has his days off anyway," he said with a chuckle.

"Missions in Denver then?" Asked Kihyun as he handed Jisung some sandwiches. "Yeah," said Jisung as he ate the sandwiches. "They took on a new team and this is their first batch of international missions so," he said, shrugging. Kihyun hummed in response. "You going to get them from the airport?" He asked. "No they'll be driving here," said Jisung. "They're on their last leg of missions so after this they'll be heading back to Europe," he said.

"What are they?" Asked Kihyun. "Species wise? Wolves like Jungwoo," said Jisung. "Since Sungjin made his pack official or whatever he takes new packs wanting to become official through the process of becoming vampire hunters, since it worked with Hyunjin and his pack," he said. "Their leader is named Sam, though everyone calls him Woosung," he said. "Most don't become official but they have a way out through becoming vampire hunters," he said. "Yeah, I heard Hyunjin talk about something like that when they came back," said Kihyun.

"I think Sungjin just wants more members in his pack," said Jisung. "Why do you say that?" Asked Kihyun. "Well, he's down to having just 3 members now," said Jisung. "Since the other two members of his pack left due to finding their mates," he said. "Ah, yeah," said Kihyun. "Especially when they have a territory as big as theirs," he said. "I should go then," said Jisung. "Thank you for lunch," he said before leaving.

"We're getting some visitors?" Asked Jungwoo as he walked into the kitchen. "Jisung is," said Kihyun. "Since none of our hunters are home," he added. Jungwoo nodded. "Well, time to get ready for work then," he said before going to get ready. Kihyun chuckled some and went to sit in the livingroom to watch a movie before then.

Kihyun drove Jungwoo to work, dropping him off before going to the grocery store to get some shopping done. He went to get what he needed, aware of the wolves in the store. He knew they weren't here without a reason but he ignored them to the best of his abilities, assuming they were with Jisung.

It hit the nail on the board when Kihyun ran quite literally into Sungjin while he was walking down an aisle. "Oh, sorry," said Kihyun. "No problem," said Sungjin. "Sorry, I had to test the new team to see if they could track after someone," he said. "It's fine," said Kihyun. "I figured they were with you so," he said, shrugging. "We have hunters in my pack so," he said. Sungjin nodded. "Alright, sorry about that again," he said before leaving. Kihyun shook his head and continued shopping before heading back to his jeep and driving home.

Jisung was sitting at his doorstep when Kihyun got back. "Oh, were you waiting for long?" Asked Kihyun as he parked the jeep and got out. "No," said Jisung. "I think you might've ran into Sungjin though," he said. "Yeah," said Kihyun. "Why?" He asked. "No reason," said Jisung. "I'm just going to be busy so no lake time for a few days," he said. "That's fine, Jungwoo's working late the next few days," said Kihyun as he went to bring the groceries inside. Jisung left him be after that.

Kihyun did whatever cleaning up that was left around the house for the rest of the day, washing all the bed sheets and everything else for when everyone else eventually got back. He hummed to himself as he cleaned up, blasting music through his phone and being distracted from the dark thoughts for the afternoon.

That evening Kihyun sat outside on the back deck in one of their lounge chairs, reading a book with his phone on the table next to him. He looked up when he heard footsteps, spotting Jisung and who he assumed was one of the other wolves that were with Sungjin.

"What's up Jisung?" He asked. "Woosung wanted to apologize for the stalking earlier," said Jisung. Kihyun nodded. "It's alright," he said. "Sungjin wanted to test us," said Woosung as he scratched the back of his head. "I think he expected us to go after a human or something but Dojoon smelled a werewolf so," he said, shrugging. "It's alright," said Kihyun. "Good luck on your missions then," he said. Woosung nodded and headed back to Jisung's house with Jisung.

Before 10 pm Kihyun went to get Jungwoo, waiting for him at the entrance. Jungwoo rushed over to the jeep, climbing into the passenger seat and closing the door. "Fun day at work?" Asked Kihyun as he started the jeep and started the drive hom. "Kind of," said Jungwoo. "Got to meet the visitors," he said. "Ah," said Kihyun as he nodded.

"I'm so tired," said Jungwoo when they got home. Kihyun chuckled some. "Don't worry about it," he said. "I'm tired too, I had to clean the house," he said, going to open the door and letting Jungwoo in who just dropped his human illusion and headed straight to their shared room to sleep. Kihyun went to make sure the house was locked before going to shower and head to bed.