Chapter 13

The Wolf and The Hunter

Things were quiet between Kihyun and Jisung for the next few days, with Jisung being busy with Sungjin and his pack and the new team and Kihyun making sure Jungwoo got to work on time while keeping an eye on the chats to see who would return first.

Kihyun was sitting on the back deck again, looking up at the cloudy sky as it started to rain. He hummed to himself as he looked up, letting the rain fall onto his face. Jungwoo was at work, having to work in the morning today and Kihyun was sure that he'd have to go pick him up soon. Kihyun got up and went inside after another few minutes to get changed and get ready to go pick up Jungwoo from work after checking the time.

Jungwoo met Kihyun at the food court while he was getting lunch. "Ah, sorry I wanted to get lunch," said Jungwoo as Kihyun walked over. "It's fine," said Kihyun. "There's not much at the house so," he said, shrugging. "Ah, okay," said Jungwoo as he got his food. Kihyun went to get his own food and headed home with Jungwoo.

When they got home they saw Jeongin's truck in the driveway, and Jeongin came outside. "Oh, home for the weekend?" Asked Kihyun. "It's labor day weekend," Jeongin said with a shrug. "Kangmin and Hohyeon also came home," he said. "Nice," said Kihyun. Jungwoo nodded. They headed inside, going to sit on the couch and eat lunch and watch a movie.

"How's the new semester looking?" Asked Kihyun. "Okay for the most part," said Jeongin. "It looks like it'll be a good year but," he said, shrugging. "We'll see at that point," he said. "Did Hohyeon finally choose his major?" Asked Kihyun. "Yes, he's going into nursing with me," said Jeongin. "He's a year behind but," he said, shrugging. "I gave him my notes from last year to help him catch up," he said. "Ah, awesome," said Kihyun.

They enjoyed the afternoon watching movies and just hanging out around the house. It was raining for most of the day so they had a day in.

It was around dinner time when the front door opened, showing Jisung, Cory and Sunggyu. "Oh, hey guys," said Kihyun as he spotted them. "Movie night?" Asked Cory. "Yeah," said Jeongin as he got up, going and tackling Jisung. "Oof," said Jisung as he chuckled some, being knocked into the wall. "Hey there," he said. "Sorry," said Jeongin as he moved away, grinning.

"Ah, be careful when you go hunting, our neighbors have a new team with them and I don't think they're aware of this list that keep hunters from going after you," said Kihyun. Sunggyu nodded. "Hopefully we won't have any problems," he said.

"So this is who's been sleeping in our bed since they moved in," said Cory as he spotted Jungwoo. Jungwoo scratched the back of his head. "I did say I was fine with the floor or the couch but Changkhyun insisted," he said. "No worries," said Jisung as he chuckled some. "It's just Cory being Cory," he said. "I'm Jisung," he said. "Jungwoo," said Jungwoo.

"I guess you'll be sharing my bed then," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Are you sure?" Asked Jungwoo. "Yeah," said Kihyun. "Alright," said Jungwoo. "That's that then," said Jeongin. Jungwoo hummed in response as he nodded.

There was a knock on the door and Kihyun got up and went to answer it, spotting Hohyeon. "Something wrong?" He asked. "Ah, Kangmin made cookies," said Hohyeon as he gave Kihyun the container. "Oh, thanks," said Kihyun. "Sungjin and them should be gone in the next couple days, but I suggest your vampire still hunt somewhere else until then," said Hohyeon. "I hunted before we got here, no worries," said Sunggyu. "I'll be good for a while," he said. Hohyeon nodded.

"Ah, Jisung wants to meet up tomorrow, if that's alright," he said. "Sure, just have him text me before he comes over," said Kihyun. Hohyeon nodded before leaving. Kihyun closed the door and went to put the container on the coffee table and everyone went to grab a cookie and sit down to continue their movie marathon.

"Did you guys bump into any of the others while you were out?" Asked Kihyun. "Yeah," said Cory. "We ran into Changkhyun and Jungkook in Chicago," he said. "We were heading home and they were heading east," he said. "Ah, cool," said Kihyun.

There was another knock on the door sometime after dinner, and Kihyun went to answer it. "Who are you?" He asked. "I came to see my cousin," said the person at the door. Jungwoo came to the door, narrowing his eyes. "What do you want Jeno?" He asked. Kihyun moved away, though the others came into view. "Oh, it's Jaemin's douche bag of a cousin," Jisung said with a snort.

"What do you want Jeno?" Jungwoo asked again. "I can't come see my own cousin?" Asked Jeno. "It's common courtesy to let someone know you're coming," said Kihyun as he tilted his head slightly.

"Your parents want you to go home," Jeno said to Jungwoo. Jungwoo snorts. "I may be the "straight" son in the family but I will not go back after what they, and you did to Jaemin," he said. "Also last I checked, I'm over 18, they have no say in what I do and don't do," he said.

"This kid," Sunggyu said with a snort. "Last I checked you ran with your tail between your legs after Chani almost tore you to pieces," he said. "No one asked you leech," spat Jeno. A growl came from Cory. "I suggest you leave him be," he spat. "Back off, the both of you," said Kihyun. "This is clearly Jungwoo's battle," he said.

"I'm not going home, so you can screw off Jeno," said Jungwoo as he glared at Jeno. "They disowned Jaemin, and since they haven't disowned you yet you're next in line as alpha," said Jeno. Jungwoo snorts. "Sure, let me be alpha after they disowned my little brother, that will definitely end well," he said. "Go home Jeno," he said. "I'm not going home, they might as well disown me too," he said.

"Oh wait," he said. "My parents and yours disowned you didn't they?" He asked. Jeno glared at Jungwoo. "No wonder they sent you after me," Jungwoo said with a snort. "We can't let you stay here, don't even bother going next door so," he said, shrugging. "Get the hell out then," he said.

"Ah," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Technically I'm stand in alpha until Changkhyun gets back but," he said, shrugging. "However, I'm letting you talk with Jaemin first," he said. "Let him get his take on things," he said. "Good idea actually," said Jungwoo. "Because it was Jeno that got Jaemin ran out of my parents' home," he said.

"Well, let's go see if Jaemin is available to talk then," said Kihyun as he went to get his laptop. Jungwoo let Jeno in and pointed to the couch. Jeno went to sit on the couch and Kihyun came into the livingroom with his laptop and started the video call.