Chapter 11

The Wolf and The Hunter

Kihyun found himself alone in the house for the first time in a while, as everyone, even Changkhyun and Jungkook, were called out on missions. Well, except Jungwoo. Jungwoo was still working at the shopping center so he was getting rides to and from work from Kihyun. Kihyun also knew the kids, namely Hyunjin and Jeongin had local missions so they weren't far.

It was one of Jungwoo's days off and they spent the day just lounging in the livingroom having a movie marathon. A bowl of popcorn sat between them mostly untouched as they watched the latest movie. "Man, I never knew scary movies could be so... Funny," Jungwoo said with a snicker. "Well, there are some that are based on a true story," said Kihyun. "That is true," said Jungwoo.

The doorbell rang and Kihyun paused the movie and got up, going to answer it. "Oh, hey guys," he said moving to let Jisung, Hohyeon and Kangmin in. "Home alone?" Asked Jisung. "With Jungwoo but yes," said Kihyun as he went back to sit down on the couch next to Jungwoo. Jisung, Hohyeon and Kangmin went to crowd around the coffee table, leaning against the couch behind them. "What are we watching?" Asked Kangmin. "The Insidious movies," said Kihyun as he resumed playing the movie.

"What brings you guys over?" He asked. "Everyone left on their missions," said Jisung. "And paperwork is finally finished," he said, causing Kihyun to chuckle. "Back to it just being you three eh?" Asked Kihyun. "Yep," said Hohyeon.

"When does the new semester start?" Asked Kihyun. "August," said Kangmin. "It's going to be back to doing nothing but school work again," he said, sighing. "Isn't that soon?" Asked Kihyun. Kangmin nodded. "Good luck then," said Kihyun. "What are you going to school for?" He asked Hohyeon. "Haven't decided yet," said Hohyeon. "We'll be heading back to the dorms soon," he said. Kihyun nodded. "Well, looks like you'll be home alone for most of the year again," he said to Jisung. Jisung shrugged. "That's fine," he said.

"You always liked being alone," said Hohyeon. "Why is that?" He asked. "I'd rather not talk about it right now," said Jisung. Kihyun hummed as he nodded.

"So you gonna catch a ride with Jeongin when he gets back?" Kihyun asked, changing the subject. "Yeah," said Kangmin. "We usually do so," he said, shrugging. "Saving up to get a car?" Asked Kihyun. "No, our American team has their car," said Hohyeon. "Ah," said Kihyun.

"I know, we can't depend on Jeongin forever but," Hohyeon said with a shrug. "I have my jeep but," Jisung said with a shrug. "You might need it more," said Kangmin. "We understand," he said. "Tell you what, I'll come get you for Thanksgiving how about that?" Asked Jisung. "Sure," said Hohyeon. "Cool," said Jisung. "Good, it'll save Jeongin on gas at least," Kihyun said with a chuckle.

After that movie ended Jungwoo got up and took the bowl into the kitchen to see about refilling it. Kihyun got up and stretched. "Well," he said. "Any other reason you decided to come over?" He asked. "Ah," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "Was wondering if we could spend the night," he said. Kihyun tilted his head to the side. "What brought this on?" He asked. "Well, the others are gone and the house is empty for a good bit," said Kangmin. "And I think Jeongin said he'd be back tomorrow to take us back to the dorms so," he said, shrugging. Kihyun hummed in response as he went to check his phone to see if it was true.

"Alright," said Kihyun as he walked back into the livingroom. "But you're going to get your own clothes," he said. "We can do that," said Hohyeon as he stood. Kangmin and Jisung stood and left with Hohyeon to get clothes. Jungwoo came back into the livingroom with a bowl of popcorn. "They're spending the night then?" He asked. Kihyun nodded. "No lake time it looks like," he said. Jungwoo chuckled some, nodding.

"No more popcorn, we'll order pizza," said Kihyun. Jungwoo nodded and they went to sit down on the couch with the bowl of popcorn inbetween them as they waited for their neighbors to return. Kihyun went to order pizza for the time being before getting up and getting spare blankets to spread out in the livingroom once they were done with dinner and such. Jisung and the others soon returned, putting their clothes in the recliner since no one was using it for the time being before going to sit around the coffee table. Kihyun started the next movie, starting with the original Jurassic Park.

After dinner Kihyun and Jungwoo let the others take a shower first since they were guests. Afterwards Kihyun got a shower in then Jungwoo before they all set up in the livingroom, moving the coffee table to give more room to Jisung, Hohyeon and Kangmin. Jungwoo curled up on the loveseat in wolf form while Kihyun had the couch to himself as they continued their movie marathon.

Kihyun seemed to come back into the real world a couple hours later, looking at the time on his phone and noticing that everyone was asleep. He slowly got up and went to turn off the livingroom light and turn off the tv before going back to sleep on the couch.

It was a bit before dawn when Kihyun was woken by someone's snoring. He stretched before sitting up and rubbing his eyes before getting up from the couch and walking quietly into the kitchen. After getting the coffee maker started and getting his usual cup of coffee he went to sit outside on the back deck and enjoy the early morning silence.

Jungwoo came out to join him a few minutes later, sitting in another lounge chair. "Man, it's a nice morning," he said. Kihyun hummed in response as he nodded. "Well, that was a fun evening," he said. "You were very calm yesterday," agreed Jungwoo. "Wonder how much more we'll see of Jisung now that his teammates are going to be gone again," he said. "Probably the usual amount," said Kihyun as he shrugged.

"What time do you have work?" He asked. "In a few hours, I'll let you know," said Jungwoo. Kihyun nodded.