Chapter 7

The Wolf and The Hunter

It seemed that Jisung was busy again with local missions, since Siwoo started accompanying Kihyun to the lake, sometimes already being there when Kihyun made his way over. It really drove the nail into the board when Doyoung, Hoseok, Hyunjin and Jeongin were called out to do missions. After the first night, Kihyun didn't mind Siwoo's presence, though they always made sure to tell Chani and Sungyeol, who were staying around with Jaemin until a pack decision was made, that they were out there in case the two vampires decided to go hunting.

Kihyun was sitting at the lake again six days after Jaemin arrived, Hohyeon with him this time. Siwoo and Hakmin got called out on their next batch of missions, Hohyeon had explained. "So what do you think the pack decision would be?" Asked Hohyeon. "Concerning Jungwoo?" Asked Kihyun. Hohyeon nodded. "I don't know," said Kihyun. "It'd be nice to have another wolf-human around, it'd cheer Jisung up but," he said, shrugging. "Jisung isn't around enough to interact with the others," finished Hohyeon. Kihyun nodded. "He gets kicked out tomorrow so," he said, sighing a bit.

"I don't want to see anyone go homeless either," said Hohyeon as he looked out at the water, leaning back on his hands. "Ah yeah, you were with Jisung and Kangmin until you found Taeseon right?" Asked Kihyun. Hohyeon nodded. "It's not fun," he said. "I don't even know what happened to my parents either, I didn't go back at all since getting kicked out of my parents' house," he said.

Kihyun turned his head when he heard footsteps, seeing Changkhyun. "Decision made?" He asked. "Yes," said Changkhyun as he climbed on top of the boulder and sat down. "Sungyeol is going to get him tomorrow," he said. "Well good," Kihyun said with a snort. "He's been so tense with all the vampire hunters around," he said. "We even assured him that he's in no danger," Hohyeon said with a snicker.

"Am I needed back at the house?" He asked. "No," said Changkhyun. "It's just you tonight apparently, Kangmin got pulled into a mission last minute," he said. "Ah, I'm home alone then," Hohyeon said with a sigh. "I'd let you room with us but I think that'd set Chani off a bit," said Kihyun. "Not like we can do anything," Hohyeon said with a snort.

"Did Taeseon say anything about taking him in?" Asked Kihyun. "He said no," said Hohyeon. "So he'd have no place to go if you guys said no," he said. "I was aware of that decision," said Changkhyun as he leaned back on his hands. "Is that why you said yes?" Asked Kihyun. "No," said Changkhyun. "Jisung and the others had gotten back to us with the answer and everyone else said yes so," he said, shrugging. "And they said yes?" Asked Kihyun. Changkhyun nodded.

All three of them turned when Chani walked over with his hands in his pockets. "Figured since I can't sleep I'd come spend the night out here but I find you three here," Chani said, shrugging. "Ah," said Kihyun as he looked up at Changkhyun who shrugged. "It's time we head back," said Changkhyun as he got up, hopping down from the boulder. Kihyun and Hohyeon stood, stretching before going to fold the blanket and put it back in its usual spot. "We'll leave you be then," he said, checking the time. Chani nodded and watched Kihyun, Changkhyun and Hohyeon head home before he sat on the boulder.

"Do you want to sleep at our place tonight?" Asked Changkhyun. "Dunno, did Sungyeol leave yet?" Asked Hohyeon. "If Chani came out here without him then yes," said Changkhyun. "Then sure," said Hohyeon. "You're in Kihyun's room then," said Changkhyun. "Ah yeah, we had to change up Hyunjin, Jeongin, Hobi and Doyoung's room again to accommodate for Youngjae and Jooheon coming back eh?" Asked Kihyun. "Cory, Sunggyu and Jisung have my room but they're not here so," he said, shrugging.

"Gotta say though, the way they set that up is pretty insane," said Changkhyun. "It is a small room," agreed Kihyun. "Two queen sized beds and a bunk bed," he said. "You should switch rooms with them Changkhyun," he said, holding back a grin when Changkhyun lightly punched him in the shoulder. "Hell no," Changkhyun said, laughing. "I envied Shownu whenever we had guests over and we had to share our rooms," he said with a sigh.

"Luckily Youngjae and Jooheon have some privacy when Hobi, Doyoung, Hyunjin and Jeongin have missions or Jeongin has school," said Kihyun. "I think that's why they agreed to the arrangement in the first place," said Changkhyun as they reached the backyard.

"Well, goodnight then," he said after they entered the house. "Goodnight," said Hohyeon and Kihyun as Changkhyun headed into his room. Kihyun peeked into Youngjae's room to see how they were doing before quietly closing the door and going to his room with Hohyeon following after him.

"Well, here you go," said Kihyun as he entered the room and the lights. "It's not much but at least you get a bed," he said. "Man, you were right when you said the rooms were small," said Hohyeon. Kihyun snorts. "Should see Youngjae's room," he said. "Two queen sized beds and a bunk bed," he said. "How?" Asked Hohyeon. "Youngjae and Jooheon have almost no walking room getting to their bed since their dressers are on that side of the room but," Kihyun said, shrugging. "They sleep in Doyoung and Hoseok's bed when they're not there so," he said, shrugging.

"Have any spare clothes?" Asked Hohyeon. Kihyun went to his dresser and went to check. "Here," he said, throwing some clothes at Hohyeon. "Bathroom's across the hall," he said. Hohyeon nodded and went to take a shower before coming back in Kihyun's clothes which was just a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Kihyun then took his turn to shower before going to lie in bed in his pajamas after turning off the lights, staring up at the ceiling.

Hohyeon's soft breathing indicated that he was already asleep so Kihyun let out a deep sigh before trying to fall asleep himself, knowing fully well that the nightmares would come in the night.

Kihyun heard Changkhyun moving around and checking on the others before the door opened, with Changkhyun poking his head in. "You okay for now?" Asked Changkhyun. Kihyun nodded. "For now," he said. "Out like a light I see," Changkhyun said, spotting Hohyeon. Kihyun chuckled, nodding. "See you in the morning," he said. "Goodnight," said Changkhyun before he closed the door again. Kihyun let out another deep sigh before turning over and trying to sleep.