Chapter 17

The Wolf and The Hunter

The next day everyone was summoned to the bank, and Joshua wished them luck, something everyone said thanks to. The only other werewolf to face this mysterious wolf council was Hoseok when he had to give his evaluation on Hyunjin and his pack.

"Well, here we go," said Kihyun as he turned to the others. "Ready?" He asked. Everyone nodded, though Jisung was shaking slightly in nervousness. Kihyun knocked on the door and they heard someone tell them to go on in. Everyone walked into the room, with Dojoon bowing to Leeteuk and Heechul.

"Come, sit down," said Leeteuk. "Dojoon you're dismissed for now unless you have something to say?" He asked. "I think I'd like to sit in this one," said Dojoon. "If you don't mind," he said. "No, go ahead," said Leeteuk. Everyone sat around the conference table, with Jaemin and Jungwoo sitting next to Dojoon on one side and Jeno sitting next to Kihyun and Jisung on the other side.

"First of all Jaemin," said Leeteuk. "I am deeply sorry for what... Discrimination you had gone through prior to you... Coming out of the closet as they say now," he said. "You are happy where you now I assume?" He asked. "Yes," Jaemin said, speaking softly even though it wasn't in his nature to do so. "As of before, I would have contacted you if I had the chance, however I am perfectly happy with my mate and his coven now," he said. "I see," said Leeteuk. "I will not be ripping you from your mate," he said. "I would rather not incur the wrath of a vampire, he may be useful in the future for sending messages," he said.

"You would have to ask him about that," said Jaemin. "Chani and his coven are already marked down as messengers for vampire hunters because of this list they are on, they can't be hunted by vampire hunters," he said. "I see," said Leeteuk.

"And this coven of yours is safer than if you were in a pack?" Asked Heechul. "No offense sir," said Jaemin. "But last I checked it was due to my parents and their judgement that had put me in that situation in the first place," he said. "I think I would be safer with a coven of vampires at this point because of the way my parents' pack judged those like me," he said. "Ah, I mean no harm," said Heechul. "Your parents were great people but I hate that they did this," he said. Jaemin nodded.

"Jungwoo," said Leeteuk. "Sir," said Jungwoo as he straightened in his chair. "I believe you were living in Detroit after your brother was sent off with Jeno and his pack?" Asked Leeteuk. "Yes sir," said Jungwoo. "I had to get away from the toxicity that was my parents and their pack," he said. "So I went to live in Detroit for a few years until I lost my job," he said. "Where were you working at?" Asked Leeteuk. "I was working in a car manufacturing plant," said Jungwoo. "I was working for Ford to be more exact," he added.

"Were you aware of what had been happening to Jaemin?" Asked Heechul. "No," said Jungwoo. "I moved a year before Jaemin had left," he said. "We lost contact with each other after that," he said. "Would you have done everything to get him out of that situation?" Asked Heechul. "Yes," said Jungwoo. "I love my brother to bits," he said. "If I had known of the situation back then I would've done everything to save him," he said. "He had come out to me first, and I would have taken him with me when I moved but he was still a minor so I couldn't at the time," he said.

"And your situation now?" Asked Leeteuk. "I now live with Kihyun and his pack, after they had a pack meeting about it," said Jungwoo. "It was necessary," said Kihyun. "It didn't involve anyone in our pack and we had to make sure everyone was okay with it," he said.

"If I recall werewolf packs are run a bit differently," said Leeteuk. "Yes," said Kihyun. "However, I am sure you are aware of Jisung, Hyunjin and Jeongin being in our pack," he said. "Yes," said Leeteuk. "Hyunjin's reputation has reached even our headquarters in Europe," he said. "I would assume this is how Jeno ended up in your pack then?" He asked. Kihyun nodded.

"It involved me in some way because I knew him," said Jungwoo. "Therefore the decision went to Jisung, Hyunjin and I," he said. "I see," said Heechul. "What was the final verdict?" He asked. "I was allowed to stay temporarily until Changkhyun, their werewolf pack alpha, returned from his missions," said Jeno.

"And your involvement in this hunter?" Asked Leeteuk as he turned to Jisung. "Ah, my name is Jisung sir," said Jisung as he blinked. "I am their neighbor," he said. "My team and faction as you probably heard became the new top vampire hunting team in the world," he said. When Leeteuk nodded Jisung continued. "Through Kihyun I got to know Jungwoo and Jeno," he said. "And Jaemin when he was visiting," he added. "I wasn't told everything but," he said, shrugging.

"And how did you get involved with a pack of werewolves?" Asked Heechul. "The four youngest in our team finished high school with their youngest, Jeongin," said Jisung. "Taeseon at first didn't want anything to do with them but it was due to passing Doyoung and Taeyong's testing that got us more involved," he said. "Now we are on friendly terms," he said.

"Dojoon," said Leeteuk. "Tell me what happened when you arrived with your pack and Sungjin's team?" He asked. "I was sent to track after Jungwoo, however I found Kihyun first," said Dojoon. "He had Jungwoo's scent on him which had thrown me off slightly, and we met in the grocery store," he said. "I later found Jungwoo and explained what I was there for," he said. "It was only a matter of time before Jeno showed up," he said.

"Why did you run to their territory?" Asked Heechul as he turned to Jeno. "I was kicked out of my pack," said Jeno. "Same with Chenle and Jisung, the two youngest in our pack," he said. "I found out through Chenle that Jungwoo was here so I came to see if I could get back on my feet with this pack," he said. "They feared backlash after word got out about what happened to Jaemin," said Leeteuk. "So they got rid of those involved," he said. "Yes," said Jeno.

"You apologized for your actions?" Asked Heechul. "Yes," said Jeno. "We had a long discussion about why I had acted the way I had," he said. "And why was that?" Asked Heechul. "I- It was out of jealousy," said Jeno. "I was envious of the treatment Jaemin had been getting, and as soon as Jaemin was sent out I took the opportunity to take my anger and jealousy out on him," he said.

"I hadn't realized what you were going through Jeno," said Jaemin. "If you only had said something before then I would've treated you better," he said. "I realize that now," said Jeno. "I am sorry," he said. "I wasn't physically abused but my parents used to use Jaemin as an example of how I should act," he said. "After it came out that he was gay my parents used this opportunity to send me with him and Renjun," he said. "Then Chenle and Jisung came along and well," he said, sighing.

"Well," said Leeteuk. "Your parents and their pack have been stripped of their official status," he said. "I will let you off with a warning Jeno," he said. "You are still young, there are many mistakes you will make throughout your life," he said. "Keep an open mind, and don't let the same mistakes happen again," he said. "I will," said Jeno. "Dismissed then," said Leeteuk. Everyone stood, bowing before leaving the room.

"Well, that was easier than I thought," said Jisung as they headed out of the bank. "They do not tolerate stuff like that," said Jeno. "I'm surprised I even got away with just a warning," he said. "You weren't the direct cause of it," said Jaemin as he shrugged. "I'm sorry," said Jeno as he turned to Jaemin. "Hey, it's alright," said Jaemin as he gave Jeno a hug, catching Jeno off guard. "I forgive you," he said. Jungwoo chuckled some.

"I guess this is where we go our separate ways then," said Jaemin as Sungyeol pulled up in the jeep. "Oh, when did they get here?" Asked Kihyun as he blinked. "A few minutes ago," Jaemin said laughing some. "Sungyeol took the others home and then came to get me," he said. "I see," said Jeno. "Can I get a ride to the airport?" Asked Dojoon. Jaemin looked at Sungyeol who nodded. "Cool," said Dojoon. "Thanks," he said. Dojoon and Jaemin got into the jeep and Sungyeol waved before driving off.

"Well," said Jungwoo as he turned to Kihyun. "I guess you two need to have that talk before we head home," he said. "Nah," said Kihyun. "We'll do it afterwards," he said. "Let's head back to Joshua's place and pack then," he said. Everyone nodded and headed back to Joshua's pack house.