Chapter 4

The Wolf and The Hunter

Cory, Sunggyu and Jisung finally came home a week after the shopping trip, with Jisung tackling Hyunjin and Jeongin, throwing his arms over both their shoulders. "Hey guys," said Jisung as he grinned. "And I'm supposed to be the youngest?" Jeongin asked, jokingly as he chuckled. Hyunjin chuckled some. "Where's Kihyun?" Asked Cory. "Making lunch," said Jeongin before he went inside with Jisung and Hyunjin. Cory and Sunggyu were left to unpack the jeep, heading inside and straight to the laundry room to start a load of laundry.

Kihyun smiled when he saw Jisung. "Welcome back," he said. "Hey Kihyun," Jisung said with a grin. "How's things with the neighbors going?" He asked. "Pretty good, we're left alone most of the time," Kihyun said with a shrug. "Ah, cool," said Jisung.

"How's your insanity?" He asked. "Fine," said Kihyun as he shrugged. "I'm dealing with it as best I can anyway," he said. "It helps when he has a friend waiting for him later," said Jungkook as he entered the kitchen.

"Eh? Kihyun making a friend?" Asked Cory as he walked into the kitchen, throwing an arm over Kihyun's shoulder. "Well, at least it's helping," he said. Kihyun scratched the back of his head. "So who's this friend?" Asked Cory. "One of the neighbors," said Kihyun. "Jisung?" Asked Cory. Kihyun nodded. "Hm," said Cory. Sunggyu headed into the kitchen. "I'm going hunting," he said. "Careful, Jisung might be out there by the lake," said Kihyun. "Sure," said Sunggyu as he left, going hunting. Kihyun went to make sure Jisung wasn't at the lake, texting him telling him that Sunggyu was out hunting.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and Jungkook went to answer it. "Oh, hey human Jisung," said Jungkook. Human Jisung scratched the back of his head, walking in when Jungkook let him in. "Run out of food again?" Asked Kihyun as human Jisung walked into the kitchen. "Yeah, the two youngest don't seem to be returning anytime soon so," said human Jisung. "I guess since you called me "human Jisung" wolf Jisung's back," he said. "Yep," said wolf Jisung as he ran over, throwing an arm around human Jisung's shoulder.

"Well, lunch is almost ready so," said Kihyun as he checked on the food. "Stick around for lunch if you want," he said. "Sure," said human Jisung and everyone left the kitchen. After a few minutes Kihyun called out that lunch was ready and everyone went to get lunch, going into the livingroom to eat.

Cory took a walk with Kihyun after lunch, wanting to spend some time with him. Human Jisung had retreated back to his house after lunch, though not without telling Kihyun that he'd be doing some local missions so he couldn't go to the lake tonight.

"You seem close with him," said Cory as they took their time walking to the lake. "Yeah well," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "We've only gone to the lake to just get away from everything for a bit," he said. "Somehow I managed to convince him to go shopping with us and he got dragged along when Jeongin wanted new outfits," he said, chuckling some. Cory chuckled some.

"Well, it's good you've found a companion," said Cory. "I was beginning to think you'd never find someone," he said. "To be fair I haven't really tried to look," said Kihyun as he put his hands in his pockets. They soon reached the lake and Cory climbed onto the boulder and sat down, with Kihyun soon joining him.

Sunggyu made his way over after dropping some flowers at the graveyard to pay his respects, and Cory and Kihyun moved to make room for him. "Kid seems nice," said Sunggyu. "His demeanor reminds me of Chani a little," he said. "Everyone reminds you of your younger brother, maybe we need to go visit again so you can check on him," said Cory. Sunggyu chuckled some, shaking his head. "We just went to see him," he said. "If you remember," he said. "I do," Cory said. They spent the rest of the time in silence, just looking out over the water and enjoying each other's company.

"Hey hyungs," called Hohyeon as he walked over. Kihyun turned his head to look at Hohyeon. "What's up?" He asked. "Jisung was sent out on a local mission, told me to come fill in for him," said Hohyeon. "Oh," said Kihyun as he got up, stretching. "What time is it?" He asked. "Just after 8 pm," said Hohyeon. "Man, we missed dinner?" Asked Cory as he sighed.

"I brought some, Kangmin made cookies," said Hohyeon as Kihyun hopped down from the rock to set up the blanket. "Not sure how much you guys eat but," he said, putting the basket down and grabbing a drink from it once Kihyun laid out the blanket. "It's for us?" Asked Cory. "Yeah," said Hohyeon. "I stopped by your pack house to see you guys, I left half the cookies there and brought the rest with me, Youngjae packed the leftover food and threw in some drinks," he said. Cory nodded and hopped down, going to see what Youngjae packed. Kihyun sat down and grabbed something from the basket, grabbing a drink also.

Sunggyu stayed in his spot on the boulder. "You're awfully calm around a vampire," he remarked, leaning back on his hands and looking up at the stars. "I know you wouldn't hurt me unless I did something first," said Hohyeon as he took a sip of his drink. Cory got his share of food and started eating.

"Kangmin couldn't come along?" Asked Kihyun. "Jisung dragged him along with this mission," said Hohyeon as he shrugged. "As soon as we got home anyway," he said. "Ah, I see," said Kihyun. "Kangmin wanted to make cookies so he made them and I baked them," said Hohyeon as he munched on a cookie. After a while Cory and Sunggyu left, going to check on Jisung. Hohyeon stayed out with Kihyun for a bit longer before they both headed back to their respective homes.

"Heard you had a substitute there," said Changkhyun when Kihyun came in. "It was really up to him if he wanted to stay or not," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm not against it, but you need to mind the ," said Changkhyun. "Of course," said Kihyun. "Go get some sleep," said Changkhyun. Kihyun nodded and went to take a shower and get some sleep.