Chapter 1

The Wolf and The Hunter

Kihyun sat outside under a tree, looking up at the clouds. Something about today had his mind having darker thoughts than usual but he tried to ignore it to the best of his abilities.

He was alone for the most part but he knew someone would come looking for him soon. He just hoped he would be alone for a little bit longer since Jeongin would be returning home from school for the summer. Cory, Sunggyu and Jisung would be returning soon too, having been sent out on a mission by Kris a couple months ago.

"Kihyun?" Called Jungkook. "Over here," said Kihyun as he looked over towards Jungkook's voice. Jungkook walked over, his head tilting to the side. "What brings you out here?" He asked. "Ah, I needed some time alone," said Kihyun as he shrugged. "How's your insanity doing?" Asked Jungkook. "Manageable," said Kihyun. "I think being a turned werewolf has helped a little," he said. "Yeah, you don't really have to commit," said Jungkook as he nodded.

"Do you know when Jeongin is going to be here?" Asked Kihyun. "He got called out on a local mission at the last minute, he'll be here later though," said Jungkook. "Ah," said Kihyun as he got up, stretching. "What did you need me for?" He asked. "No reason, Changkhyun sent me to check on you," said Jungkook. "Hm," said Kihyun. "Let's go then, Jooheon is making dinner," said Jungkook. "Alright," said Kihyun before he walked back to the house with Jungkook.

"Hey, you were gone for a good few hours," said Changkhyun when Jungkook and Kihyun returned. "I don't notice time flying by anymore," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Hey, it's alright," said Changkhyun. "Don't worry about it," he said. "You, Cory and Youngjae are the same in a way, we understand if you need to get away for a few hours," he said.

"Where is Youngjae anyway?" Asked Kihyun. "He went to get some things from the store," said Jungkook. "Dinner should be ready in a bit," said Jooheon as he walked into the livingroom. "Okay," said Changkhyun. "Do you know when Youngjae is going to be back?" Asked Jooheon. "I got a text from him earlier, apparently traffic got pretty bad on the way home," said Jungkook. "Ah, okay," said Jooheon.

The doorbell rang and Kihyun went to answer it. "Oh, missions?" He asked as he spotted Woojin, Hongseob and Jason. "Yeah," said Woojin as he scratched the back of his head. "We're always sent to Denver, plus it gives Jason a taste of how vampires in the states work," he said, walking in after Kihyun moved to let them in.

"Oh, it's you two," said Changkhyun. "Cory, Sunggyu and Jisung are out on a mission, should be returning soon," he said. "Ah, we're here on a mission so," said Hongseob as he scratched the back of his head. "My god your English is getting better every time we meet!" Said Jooheon as he came out of the kitchen. Hongseob laughs, looking sheepish.

"This is Jason, he's our third member," said Woojin, introducing Jason. "Hello," Jason said smiling slightly. "Welcome," said Changkhyun as he grinned. "Hobi, Doyoung and Hyunjin are doing missions again?" Asked Woojin. "Yes, but they should be here later tonight," said Jungkook. "They went to pick up Jeongin, Kangmin and Hohyeon," he said. Jooheon went back into the kitchen to finish dinner as Youngjae came back with the stuff Jooheon had sent him to get.

"Heard you got into Yongguk's faction, didn't think he was accepting members," said Changkhyun as they sat in the livingroom to eat dinner. "I was surprised too," said Jason. "I was going to get him to join Joshua's faction or maybe Chan's but," Woojin said, shrugging. "Then he asked to join Yongguk's, we had to ask," he said. "It surprised us when he said yes," he said. "I think it was more to boost his reputation a bit," said Hongseob. "Probably," said Woojin.

After dinner, Hoseok, Doyoung, Hyunjin and Jeongin arrived, and Woojin went to say hello, grinning when he saw them. "Hey guys," said Woojin. "Mission in Denver?" Asked Hoseok. "Yeah, it's Jason's first time in the states since becoming a hunter," said Woojin. "Ah, a lot of local missions then?" Asked Doyoung. "We started him that way," said Woojin. Hyunjin and Jeongin headed inside with Hoseok and Doyoung following after them. Woojin followed them inside.

"Welcome back guys," said Changkhyun. "Thanks," said Hoseok. "We should hopefully be home for a little bit," he said. "Missions wearing you down?" Asked Jungkook. "That and Jeongin is home for a bit so we're helping him with his local missions," said Hoseok. "Ah, nice," said Jungkook.

"Nothing going on with the neighbors tonight?" Asked Doyoung. "No," said Changkhyun. "We're usually left alone, unless no one's home," he said. "Jisung's there though, he became one of their permanent members to stay home while Hohyeon and Kangmin go to school," he said.

"Things are a bit different now that they became the new top team," said Woojin. "Taeseon accepted it, but now all but 3 of their members are out on missions," he said. "Luckily they have a lot of experience," said Hongseob. "Yeah I guess so," said Woojin.

That night Kihyun went out running, wanting to get out of the full house. It wasn't like he didn't mind company but his mind was in dark thoughts more and more lately and running usually calmed him down. His light brown colored wolf moved silently through the forest, heading to the lake to just sit and stare up at the moon. He wasn't expecting company during this run but would be fine with it if anyone decided to join him later on.

He picked up flowers along the way, holding them gently in his mouth so he could go pay his respects at the small graveyard. He dropped a flower at each grave, taking note of the fresh flowers that were there as he did so. He thought nothing of it, thinking that someone from their pack had come by earlier in the day, something that wasn't unusual. Once done he headed over to the lake, sitting down by the water and staring up at the moon.