my neighbor penguin do kyungsoo

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

Kyungsoo could never believe he'd land himself on a date with Jongin.

Despite the hard-working and serious look he always had being an honor student and vice-president, he becomes crazily smitten when it's all about Jongin himself. Reddish tint was on his cheeks ever since the night the dancer told him he'd be meeting on a park in front of their school after his ballet practice, making him so excited that he finally fell asleep at 3 am.

It was hard to believe, for himself, that his first love was really happening. 

The childhood-friends-becoming-lovers trope was a common read that he heard from the senior girls who read a lot of boys' love and honestly he can't believe.

And he also cannot believe that he actually prepared himself to go out so early.

Standing outside their gate, Kyungsoo waited for a moment, gathering his thoughts on how much of an idiot he was---until he felt someone standing in front of him, making him lift his head up. Sharp, almond eyes met his innocent round ones that made him give a huge smile on his penguin-like lips. It was Kim Minseok, the university professor who somehow got a difficulty on recognising faces due to his face agnosia and their next door neighbor. The professor was like the big brother of Kyungsoo as he would sometime go with him to the station when he goes to school, and would sometimes let him inside his house when his parents or brother are somewhere. 'Kyungsoo-ya?'

The student's smile somehow got bigger when he called out his name, making him realise he actually recognised him because of his lips. 'Morning, hyung.'

'What are you doing outside your room this early?' He asked, tilting his head. The boy thought it was cute---this hyung doesn't know what he was doing was cute; it was like he was having a big kitten in front of him. 'I was going somewhere with Jongin, but I think he was still having his ballet practice.'

'Oh, Jongin?' He asked in a high tone, making him giggle. 'Isn't he the one that often comes over along with that other boy? That childhood best friend of yours?'

Kyungsoo nodded his head shyly. And also my boyfriend, he thought to himself. 

The boy thought that the professor was going to leave him alone as he noticed that he was in work clothes, meaning he has a class to attend to. But the man just stood there, touching his chin like he was thinking about something, and as expected, an idea came into his mind as he yelled a 'yay'. 'Since he's still on his lesson, why don't you go with me?'

'Don't you have a class right now, hyung?' He asked, worried that the professor was putting him before himself, but instead the man laughed, with his cheeks puffing up like a chipmunk, before shaking his head. 'I don't have one until on the afternoon.'

'Then why are you early?'

'I was planning to eat tteokkbokki today.' He replied with a smile on his face, making the boy give an 'ah' since he knew how he was addicted to that food. The professor then paused a moment before he tilted not only his head but his body this time, and asked with an innocent smile on his face, 'Do you want to eat with me or not?'

'Sure.' Kyungsoo replied. It wasn't like Jongin is gonna wait---he's sure that dancer's gonna call him when he arrives. The boy followed the man and walked side by side with him on the street on the way to the waiting shed where they ride the bus. Minseok's eyes were looking around and was admiring the scenery for he could not see the people's faces anyway, while Kyungsoo's were just diverted into his phone, waiting for a text from him.


'What's bothering you?' The sudden question of the professor made him flinch on his seat, making him flustered. 'Didn't we walk here from your house ten minutes ago?'

'I'm quite anxious, hyung, ' He replied, eyes averting away. 'There were some instances where he forgets on texting me then we fight afterwards because I kept him waiting.'

'A clumsy one, huh?' The boy laughed at his response, but his cheeks started to flush when he heard him add, 'You really care for him a lot, Kyungsoo-ya.'

'I...I r-really do.' He replied, moving his face away from embarrassment and the fact that his chest was getting all those funny sensation whenever they talk about Jongin.

The food trip with his Minseok-hyung was an expected one from Kyungsoo. It was always tteokbokki there, tteokbokki here, tteokbokki everywhere---making him think that he should probably eat lunch with Jongin with tteokbokki they bought. As expected from this young looking ahjussi, he was someone who's laid-back and is a good listener. The boy was a bit hesitant on asking, but the professor's eyes were looking kind and were telling him that it's okay to ask.

'Uhm, hyung,' Minseok's spaced-out face suddenly vanished when he spoke, making him look down at his tiny (and cute) companion. 'Yes?'

Kyungsoo could feel his heart beating loud and strong in nervousness as he tried to get a hold of himself. 'What w-would you do....if you have a son that's a c....c-carrier?'

'Hmm...' The professor looked away while playing the stick with his mouth, aware on how scared and nervous the boy looked when he asked the question. He was a bit intrigued, but he kept his thoughts aside. 'I think if I had a carrier son, I'd probably accept the fact that it's part of his anatomy.'

He looked at the penguin beside him who was listening attentively even though his eyes were averting from his, making him give a small smile. 'Carrier boys are cute...I mean I'm a carrier myself so---'

'You are?' Kyungsoo's face was in a shocked fashion, with his eyes widened in surprise and his mouth open in amusement. Thinking that he gave a little hope to the tiny child beside him, he giggled and made a mess on his hair. 'Yes, I am. I said carrier boys are cute. Aren't I one?'

'Yes, you are, hyung.' He replied with a huge, shining grin on his face.. Minseok can only give him a smile later on. 'So Kyungsoo, since you're cute; are you a carrier too?'

'Yeah, I am.'

'Does your mom know about it?'

'Yeah, but my dad hasn't read my results.'

'I'm sure your family will accept you---after all you're the cutest baby penguin boy they have.' The boy whimpered as Minseok pinched his cheek out of nowhere. 'But I have one advice from you.'

'And that is?'

Seeing the innocence shining on the eyes of the boy, Minseok had second thoughts on mentioning about love and , but since the question the boy asked about can lead to it, he calmly replied, 'Always treasure yourself.'

The two afterwards went to the park after the tteokbokki galore. Kyungsoo was waiting anxiously, still looking at the text he sent Jongin a while ago, and Minseok, on the other hand, was enjoying the scenery again.

'Soo-ya!' The penguin boy's eyes glittered as he heard the familiar voice calling him, making him turn to see a sweaty boy running towards him. The professor was delighted that the boy has met his friend of his, but amusement was written all over his face when he saw a familiar pair of lips coming toward their direction. 'Jongdae!'

'Hyung, you know Jongin's dad?' Minseok turned to his neighbor with a confused look before he was met by the familiar lips that turned into a cute smile. 'Hi... you're the one from the supermarket right?'

'Y-yeah.'

Being two little s in love, the dancer and the penguin wanted to tell Jongin's dad that they would be buying food, but seeing the world forming between the professor and him, maybe leaving them alone might be a great idea.

'I'm Kim Jongdae. And you are?'

'Kim Minseok.'