prologue

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

'Who are you and why are you in my office?'

The petite boy stood straight with his head up, only to see a man sitting with huge boredom written across in his face. He is unfazed despite how intimidating the man was, comparing his school clothes to his expensive suit and his dried hair to his slicked back one. Sehun decided to march into this big building to find exactly where his office was, only to fulfill the need that itched him since day one.

'Boy, I'm asking you one more time, what are you doing here?' He knew by the tone of his voice, he is getting impatient, but the boy did not answer.

He has to provoke this man first.

'If you couldn't ans—'

'你好, 我是金世勳.' (Hello, I'm Kim Sehun.) He bowed as he introduced himself in Mandarin, making the man blink his eyes in surprise. '我的华文还不太好, 所以如果我讲错了一些字, 想对你道歉.' (I just learned Mandarin so I'm sorry if I have some of the words wrong.)

'It's okay to speak Korean to me,' He replied, wanting to reassure the boy to lessen his embarrassment that he suddenly felt. The man wondered how this unknown (and maybe lost) boy entered the building without the surveillance of the security and everyone. But he thought again and examined the boy's face. It looked like he knew who he was, and it sent shivers to his spine. 'But why are you here?'

'啊, 我只想来看你的样子,' (Oh, I just wanted to see what you looked like,) The boy replied in Mandarin again, making the man started to feel irritated at his stubbornness. He sighed as Sehun looked around and examined the whole office, eyes filled with wonder and fascination to the furniture and the rich- he thought he would only see at the drama his dad often cries to. '看起来大叔你有很多钱.' (Wow. You're rich, uncle.)

He glared at the boy, getting more irritated. '你怎能叫我大叔呢? 我还年轻呢!' (Excuse me, you call me an uncle? I am young and free!)

He let out a sigh in disbelief; he can't believe he's dealing with a kid he doesn't know, talking back to him in order to make his point relevant. To his surprise, the boy chuckled. '我想我现在也不能叫你大叔了.' (I don't think I can call you uncle now.)

'什么?' (What?)

The boy looked at his reaction and smiled.

'因为我现在站在这里, 是来告诉你: 你是我的爸爸, 而我需要你来帮我一下.' (Because I'm standing here to tell you that you're my dad and I need your help.)