Chapter 4

The Circus

I'm back.

 

Previously:

The injured ringmaster had fear evident, on his eyes. Which quickly gained the attention of the princes. "Why was he so scared?" As he clasped his injured arm. All the performers gathered into a straight line and bowed, towards the audience. The Royal Family and then the rest. Stood up and clapped as the performers bowed. Concluding the performance. Each prince had their eyes trained onto their mate. Concentrated fully on them. As they stared at the ground. Standing up straight, they bring their eyes into the crowd. As each brought up their eyes, into those, who happen to but of the princes. Each sharing the same fear, that the Ringmaster had. Each performer quickly bows their heads. Once they recognized, who they had met their eyes with.

 

A man was seen walking behind the performers. He was wearing an all-black mask, which looked of a cat's. All the performers were in clear shock. As the lights went off, then back on. All the performers and along with the man were gone.

 

Whispering could be heard. Spreading like wild-fires. Talking about the performance and what had just taken place.

 

All the princes looked at each other and then to their parents as they said," We need to talk."

 

3rd POV Princes 

 

"Did you all feel it," Kris started. All the Princes nodded.  As they all stood up and made their way towards the Ballroom.  Where the rest of the celebration was going to take place.

 

"They looked scared, especially the leader.  When the man appeared." Yixing said.

 

"It looked as if they weren't expecting him to appear. He could have been their boss or something?"Jongdae spoke.

 

"It is possible, but then why were they so afraid about?" -Jongin said.  The situation left them stumped.  What was the reason behind the fear?  They all felt worried as they had just found their mates and didn't want to lose them.

 

"We should hurry up.  Our mates should be there already." - Chanyeol.  They all nodded.  Upon arriving, they are greeted with the sight of hundreds upon hundreds from all around the kingdom.  The only thing that they all had in common was that they all held high status.  Doing there best to stand out from each other.  Each outfit was more extravagant than the other.  In attempts to get the attention.

 

"The Princes have arrived. Please rise." A castle butler said.

 

The brothers looked around anxiously, in hopes of spotting their mates.  But to no prevail. As they walk towards, their parents. Not even sparing the others, even a glance.  As worried about their mates. 

"They should be here by now," said Jongin.  As the performance had ended nearly an hour ago. After they were each sitting on their own throne. 

"They could resting, or tired.......Although my mate was injured, and it looked deep," -Yixing. As he thought of ways, so he could be able to see and check on his mate. 

"We could just tell everyone that we found our mates," said Sehun. 

"Or we could just tell our parents, that we are going to see our mates, because they know already. Since we already told them. But no one else, other than our parents know." Said Kris. 

They head towards their parents, who were quietly talking to each other, as Yixing starts, 

"Father, Mother, we are going to see if can find our mates because they are not here."

"Are you all sure that they aren't here," the king said. 

" We are sure about it, if they were here.  Then would be able to feel that they were here," -Kris. 

"Which we don't," said Jongdae. 

"Anyone else get a bad feeling from that man." Asked Chanyeol. All nod, as they start getting even more anxious and worried about their mates.

"Go find your mates," the queen said. Feeling her sons distress.  

"I can't wait to meet them," she continued on. 

"Follow you intuition, and stay safe, my sons," The queen finished off. 

"Make sure, to have your weapons, on hand. Because you never know what the night will bring," said the King. 

After hearing their parents words, off they went in search of their mates. Following their parents advice, they follow their intuition. Already having their own magic weapon. Concealed as either a necklace, earring, bracelet or a ring.

 

But it looked like they didn't actually know where there mates where. Hehe. 

"So, shouldn't we first decide where we are going instead of going head-first? Even though I wouldn't mind from time to time." Said Jongdae. 

"Weren't we just going to go to where they had performed?" Asked Yixing. 

"Um... I guess." Said Chanyeol. 

"Where else would they be.?" 🤨 Shrugged Sehun. 

"Let's just go." Said Kris. 

"You know, I could just teleport all of us there? Instead of just walking. Said Jongin. 

The princes all gathered close together, hand in hand. So Jongin could teleport them. 

"Ready?" -Jongin.

All looked at each other and nodded. Because who would want to be stuck between dimensions. Well, not me.  And off they go.....again. 

 

Upon reaching the location of the performance.  They found it empty. 

Shouldn't their be someone here.?

We could they be? 

Thoughts such as these had ran through their minds as they start to look around. 

"Be careful," Said Kris.  

"I feel that our mates are close. But I don't know where to be exact." Said Chanyeol.  

As soon as they finished uttering these words. I scream was heard. All turn around, trying to find to find the source of the scream. 

"They must be backstage," Said Sehun. 

As they all ran towards the back of the stage. Little did they know what was happening behind there. Unaware of the dangers that lurked there. 

Reaching the backstage, they are greeted by their mates.  All still wearing their masks.  As groups of men, surrounded them.  One still holding his arm, from his injury.  Blood dripping down his sleeve.  Staying close to his friends, the other performers. 

"Your mate?" Questioned Kris. As Yixing nodded, with a grim face.  All but wanted to just run up to heal his mate. But......

 

 

 

Author's note

Hi everyone, sorry for not updating. But thank you for reading. Hope you liked it. 

 

-Galaxy_vobo